Options
DATALEC - Dreamweaver
DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Suggestion Box
As many people know the war avatar cards are the new OP thing to get and the small system
in place to upgrade your cards aka the get 10 A cards for a Free S is fine....but.
Since to get an S card cost gold (10 catalist 4gold) and the chance is very slim dont you think the Cards should be sellable or at least trade them in account stash?

Most items from the boutique are able to be sold , All packs you can sell the items inside them you can sell etc i dont know of any other item you buy with gold that once you open its bound to you and 90% of the time useless so theses avatar pack seem such a con and pwi should re-think there status.
Or do you all not mind that to get good cards costs a fortune
Post edited by DATALEC - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I would like them to at least be account stashable b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

I dont think PWI minds.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    As many people know the war avatar cards are the new OP thing to get and the small system
    in place to upgrade your cards aka the get 10 A cards for a Free S is fine....but.
    Since to get an S card cost gold (10 catalist 4gold) and the chance is very slim dont you think the Cards should be sellable or at least trade them in account stash?

Most items from the boutique are able to be sold , All packs you can sell the items inside them you can sell etc i dont know of any other item you buy with gold that once you open its bound to you and 90% of the time useless so theses avatar pack seem such a con and pwi should re-think there status.

That`s the point, so you cs them on alts as well, greed on a new level!
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I would like them to at least be account stashable b:sad

I definitely agree with this! Besides, most other bound equipment is account stashable. I understand about things like the Dreamchaser Pack gear and Rep Gear. If I can share my bound G16 with alts it stands to reason that I should be able to share cards as well.

As far as being able to sell them goes, I don't really mind not being able. Though I can definitely see where an argument can be made that since you can sell both packs and the items you get from them, it doesn't make sense that Avatar Cards are the exception to the rule.

I don't even wanna think about the luck involved in trying to recreate a rare set I already have on my main on an alt. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that, and as previously stated, Cards are a cash shop gimmick. That being the case, unless they see that cards aren't really generating much of a profit, I don't see a change to this any time soon. And considering the rise in players that prefer to power level to 100 then cash shop for the best gear in a few months, that aforementioned 'soon' is even further off.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i am +1 for the avatar cards being able to be traded,

the "endgame" for war avatars is currently unreachable due to the immense difficulty to get sets done w\o the chance to trade cards around
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The only thing that'll accomplish is to widen the gap even further between mediocre equipped players and the maxed out ones, Hot. Not really wise if you're hoping for competitive PvP... Besides, if you're gonna offer those up for trading, why not nuemas as well? Or those vitae pills from the BH2s? If you're going to offer people the ability to trade everything to progress towards endgame, why not go all the way?
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The only thing that'll accomplish is to widen the gap even further between mediocre equipped players and the maxed out ones, Hot. Not really wise if you're hoping for competitive PvP... Besides, if you're gonna offer those up for trading, why not nuemas as well? Or those vitae pills from the BH2s? If you're going to offer people the ability to trade everything to progress towards endgame, why not go all the way?

wait this wont benefit just me lol,

i mean lets say nab player X drops an S card from a flowsilver run he so long farmed, he then will trade it for half of his future r9 set :D

also this will give the chance to really everybody to get avatar sets done not just to the heavy csers

indeed currently only the heavy cashers obtained parts of S cards sets... while the farmers are almost forced to fall back on A sets or random S cards

this will give the chance to anybody to get their sets done :0

stop with the endgame players witch hunt pls...
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    the difference between poor and rich players always remains. What the current system does is make a very large exponential factor in the quality cost ratio. So the benefit for the wealthy player is small in relation to the bigger investment needed.

Lets analyse the costs a little:

Lets say the farmer values his time at 4m per hour and takes an hour including squad making and waiting for slowpoke friends for an FSP run. That would set the value for his FSP coins at 200k and an A box at 4m. A boxes have a 1/7 chance of producing an A card. So 1 A card is worth 28m self farmed (potential income if sold) or 56m to buy (you need twice the coins when you buy them)

An S box costs 4gold in catalysts + 10 coins. That would be 12m with farmed coins, 14m with bought coins. (2,5m gold) The box has a 2% chance of producing an S card. So 1 S card is worth 600m with farmed coins or 700m with bought coins.

Now there are some 70 A cards and 50S cards. Lets not start a statistics study and simply say that once you get about half those number of random cards you start forming small sets. Once you have the same number of cards you will have medium sets and once you have twice that number of cards you can expect to have large sets (a near complete collection) Variance is big so after getting 100S cards, an unlucky player may only be able to make a set of 4 while a lucky one may get the set of 6 long before that. Were talking about averages.

S cards are roughly 1.5 times as good as A cards (35% higher stats, 1 extra blue stat)
    Small set(s) imrpove your cards by 15% or so
    A medium set improves it by 35% or so
    A large set improves it by 65% or so
    All A cards = quality index 100

lets put some options in order:

a) The casual farmer gets 10 A cards and 1 free S card. These A cards are just enough to satisfy all slots properly or maybe 5 out of 6. It costed him 280m. Quality index 108

b) The heavy cashshopper gets 10S cards for 7b coins. (2500USD) Quality index 150

c) The hardcore farmer gets 140 A cards over 3 years to make a big set. Costs him 4b. Quality index 165

d) The guy who buys coins from the farmer gets 140 Acards much faster but at a cost of 8b. Quality index 165

e) The oil sheik spoiled kid gets 50 S cards at a cost of 35b (15.000 USD) Quality factor 200

f) The oil sheik himself buys 100 S cards at a cost of 70b (30.000 USD) Quelity factor 250

To get CS 10 S cards you are already a heavy cashshopper. As you can see, farming A sets can get a better result. Even buying A sets from farmers gets a similar result for a similar price (this is good for the farmer who wants coins as this option helps keep his coins valuable even after everyone on the server has 10 A cards)

The investment to get sets of S cards goes beyond what we already consider heavy CSer. It is only for the few insane CSer or the few most succesfull merchants who started building their wealth 5 years ago. You cannot prevent the rich man from having more than the poor man. The investment is very steep though and as a non CSer and only a relatively short time merchant, i think this is quite ok for us. You cant expect PWI to ignore the oil sheik and his spoiled kid by not making anything for them to spend that money can you ?

(cant take the growth, rebirth and S+ options in the picture yet because i dont know much about that yet)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It was predictable that they'll make the s cards CS-able only. It's pwi after all... But I honestly didn't thought it will be so expensive for such a low rate try. Although the thing that annoys me the most about war avatar cards system are leaderships... A total rip off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    This has already been discussed before.

Im gonna need to check my notes and Log file again regarding this one. I personally be happy if they where trade able up to B grade. However i did see this as a Trading Card Game if you get the point of that. I did say this last time. So ill get back to this at a later date for now lets see what people think.

Thanks,
  • AzureWings - Raging Tide
    AzureWings - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Stashable cards would be awesome, but doubt it would happen.b:surrender