international?

Options
Mazumii - Dreamweaver
Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Chronicles
If pwi is truely international then why have only servers in america and europe? we have brazil players who come to an east/west coast, why! Makes no sense, maybe players should pick up the slack seeing how pwi has done jack squat over the years about this issue
Post edited by Mazumii - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Well the definition of International can simply mean just more then one country. So I think two continents with servers has easily met the reqs to be international ; D
  • Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    Dblazen - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Because BR's have their own servers.
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    If pwi is truely international then why have only servers in america and europe? we have brazil players who come to an east/west coast, why! Makes no sense, maybe players should pick up the slack seeing how pwi has done jack squat over the years about this issue

Because right now they overcross the timezones that were needed Lots of PW players couldn't actually join Territory wars due to the fact that they could only play on servers with an insane time diffirence.

I know i remember when i still played RT (moved to morai now) i had to get up at 2 am to do a TW well thats no fun and thats mainly the biggest reason why i quitted before because TW is the most fun to do some group PVP.

You have to keep in mind that, the more servers they open the more they will split their community and the less activity there will be on 1 server. (thats why the french and german server got merged right).

Not talking about all the translations that need to be done to actually make it to a server in brazillian, were talking about alot of work from renaming all the items to translating all the quests in the best they can.

Making another server would be worthless in my opinion, the main thing i think PW should start putting efford in is actually starting to make real Cross over events between the servers and get a regular, fitable time for it so that both sides could join.
    Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    again u.. and this.. topic..
    So what if they play in our server. Why u so mad? This topic makes no sense.
    So what if people from Brazil play here. I started to play on DW when i was living in Europe.(because my friends started playing here)
    I did know that it wont be perfect for my time zone.

Yah there r some who don't speak English very well, but not for all its 1st language.
    I knew of a guy from Chile (i think) whos still playing on DW server. 2 years ago he couldn't speak eng much at all. Now he speaks (well types/writes) it pretty well.

We all are humans. If ppl from Brazil choose to come here, I don't care..i will welcome them here.

I don't understand what issue u have Mazumii.

I hope Mod closes this again.

• Kaugummii - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options

I did know that it wont be perfect for my time zone.

Yea, same for me i started at RT because i just randomly picked a server and the one from europe wasn't up 4 years back.
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yea, same for me i started at RT because i just randomly picked a server and the one from europe wasn't up 4 years back.

I see in ur sig that u made new character in Morai server.
    Is it because even times r not good for u in RT server?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Because international doesn't mean worldwide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Options

But is there any harm to USA players or server that ppl from Brazil joins the server?
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I see in ur sig that u made new character in Morai server.
    Is it because even times r not good for u in RT server?

Yea mainly due to the fact that Pwi was quiet boring to do without actually being able to THE #1 EVENT (read TW) back in the day i actually decided to quit after my BM hitted 101 and i had my complete TT90 set.

Did some other stuff and increased my knowledge about PW (not gonna say the word Dx we don't wnna get banned)

But the fact is that after 2 year a friend that i met asked me to come join the official server on morai from 0 and he'dd help me gear up etc.

Of what i see i'm actually happy suprised that the ''leveling'' part of the game has been made alot easier i made my BM Yesterday afternoon and today i'm hitting Level 50 of it, while i only did 1 FC run and 1x heads extra so quest/level viarity is being fine for me atm tho i remember the huge gap from 50-70 wich was extremely boring to do.

But yea i always was a huge fan of TW and thats the main reason why i moved towards a server that fits more in my timezone as officially i am from Belguim so on RT i had a 6 Hour time gap towards tw that started at 8 pm server time and 2 am my time.
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options

Its just international because the language is in english except chinese wich is Wanmei. That mainly is the only reason they've put international and ofc its another company that ''hosts'' the game.
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Because BR's have their own servers.

This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Its just international because the language is in english except chinese wich is Wanmei. That mainly is the only reason they've put international and ofc its another company that ''hosts'' the game.

Its just part of the name and a marketing strategy. PWI is aimed at the North American market and the publisher PWE is owned by pw-cn or pwrd or weime who ever you would like to call them. There are two licensed publishers in South America and quite a few in Asia Europe ect.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Its just part of the name and a marketing strategy. PWI is aimed at the North American market and the publisher PWE is owned by pw-cn or pwrd or weime who ever you would like to call them. There are two licensed publishers in South America and quite a few in Asia Europe ect.

Well yea wich American on Europe person is going to play a Chinese or brazilian server we wouldn't be able to understand stuff.
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Options

^ This, there is no slack to pickup. And if you're not playing in a blocked region, you're welcome here. But be aware of the time zone differences when selecting a server. Gonna close this now as it's just a troll post. >>

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.