signature with transparent background

mayral
mayral Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
How can I set a sig with transparent background?

I tried saving it in both, GIF and PNG formats but background always appears white after uploading

any ideas?b:surrender
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Post edited by mayral on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like an issue with saving. Which program are we talking about?

Alternatively, you could cheat and just fill the background with the forum color. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • mayral
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like an issue with saving. Which program are we talking about?

Alternatively, you could cheat and just fill the background with the forum color. b:chuckle

I use photoshop, just tell me which program to use and I'll try to make sig with it

Lol yea, that's what I didb:laugh but after uploading quality gets worse and you can still see the rectangular shape on the "transparent" background:D
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mayral wrote: »
    How can I set a sig with transparent background?

I tried saving it in both, GIF and PNG formats but background always appears white after uploading

any ideas?b:surrender

Hm I always save transparent sigs in PNG format and upload them with Tinypic and I dont have problems. Maybe you dont make them correct b:surrender

When u open new project in Photoshop make sure you chose Transparent background to start with (like shown here: http://tinypic.com/r/whd3k9/8. When you put your SS or picture on it and edit it, you have to remove all colored background from it (http://tinypic.com/r/2zi98w8/8). Now you can even chose to make gradient fade into transparent, or make only parts of image transparent etc. Imagination is your only limit. Before you save it in PNG it should look something like this: http://tinypic.com/r/33en636/8

I hope this helps, and if u have more questions feel free to ask.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • mayral
    edited March 2014
    Hm I always save transparent sigs in PNG format and upload them with Tinypic and I dont have problems. Maybe you dont make them correct b:surrender

When u open new project in Photoshop make sure you chose Transparent background to start with (like shown here: http://tinypic.com/r/whd3k9/8. When you put your SS or picture on it and edit it, you have to remove all colored background from it (http://tinypic.com/r/2zi98w8/8). Now you can even chose to make gradient fade into transparent, or make only parts of image transparent etc. Imagination is your only limit. Before you save it in PNG it should look something like this: http://tinypic.com/r/33en636/8

I hope this helps, and if u have more questions feel free to ask.

ooh me too. Thanks I'll try that. Also I uploaded image from my computer so I'll try tinypic now, who knows...

EDIT: naah, it's still there:D oh nevermind, I'll just do what xainou said. Thank you two and also, I'll just leave it here for some time. Just wondering how people see it:3 I don't know but I was told that this may be your browser's problem and others don't see that white background. I don't even know if it's possible. Again, who knowsb:laugh

forgot to ask, how do you upload it here with tinypic? I tried copying both img and url codes but it gives me "invalid file" error after uploading
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    For these forums, you'd have to use the sigpic function via uploading the image directly to the forum while in the edit your signature section of the user CP.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • mayral
    edited March 2014
    thanks but I finally decided to use the one with colored background (in forum colors). I was kinda annoyed that I couldn't do it, nothing moreb:laugh
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Eh, I'm pretty sure I've hosted transparent sigs on external sites too and they worked ... o_o

And I'm actually using PS too. lol Hard to tell any issue from a distance though. So the background color solution works nicely lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Follow delicious steps, and then try this:

Instead of normal save as, press "Save for web" and choose PNG-24 (that supports transperancy) and make sure transperancy is checked as well of course.
    This is a test
  • darknessrise
    darknessrise Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A custom made png some how work for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life doesn't have a meaning until you play in PK server.

PK = #1 Most Wanted

Non Pk = Low Life = Boring = No meaning of life
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    For these forums, you'd have to use the sigpic function via uploading the image directly to the forum while in the edit your signature section of the user CP.

Yep, I made PNG one and uploaded it and it works just fine as u see ^_^. Looks much better on black background tho :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • darknessrise
    darknessrise Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you are making a png, make sure the png has black and white dot background since that I how I know it is png. You might save it as jpg or something....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life doesn't have a meaning until you play in PK server.

PK = #1 Most Wanted

Non Pk = Low Life = Boring = No meaning of life