Demon BP better?

2»

Comments

• Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's a matter of perspective. You can use that to make something sound better than it really is, which is what your'e doing. Back in 10th grade my World History teacher told us a story. There was a race between the US, Russia, and Canada. The US took first, Russia second, and Canada third.

US to their country: We won the race!
    Russia to theirs: We beat Canada!
    Canada to theirs: We placed top 3!

Russia makes their performance look better by saying they beat another country, without including the fact they only came in second.

Canada made it look like they did very well placing in the top 3, when there were only three contestants anyway.

When you put these into perspective, including all the facts, you see that Russia and Canada did in fact lose, and were outperformed by the US. In the same way, when you specify that the "50% larger heal" is actually only a boost from 2% to 3%, it becomes much less impressive.

From 2000 to 3000 theres 1000 in difference and 1000 is 50% out of 2000.
    And it really makes up a little bit of difference. I do have sage sin with sage bp, demon sin with demon bp, and, the extra aps from demon spark compensates the healing from sage bp.

But when it comes to apsing sparkless, sage sin with sage bp will noticeably have better sustain.

Also about the damage reduction from sage spark, when comparing sage vs demon sin inside cleric's BB, sage sin has nothing and demon sin has aps.

I myself prefer demon sin over sage sin much more, the only thing on sage sins I really love is the sage subsea strike.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    From 2000 to 3000 theres 1000 in difference and 1000 is 50% out of 2000.
    And it really makes up a little bit of difference. I do have sage sin with sage bp, demon sin with demon bp, and, the extra aps from demon spark compensates the healing from sage bp.

This offers nothing new to the discussion.

But when it comes to apsing sparkless, sage sin with sage bp will noticeably have better sustain.

I never argued against that. Though I imagine this has much more to do with damage reduction rather than BP alone.

Also about the damage reduction from sage spark, when comparing sage vs demon sin inside cleric's BB, sage sin has nothing and demon sin has aps.

I'm aware of this as well.

I myself prefer demon sin over sage sin much more, the only thing on sage sins I really love is the sage subsea strike.

I don't have a preference friend.

56 atk plz gz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    another sage demon e peen discussion this thing is so old already
    about same then sage barb vs demon barbs
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    56 atk plz gz

How does a sage sin have damage reduction sparkless? Lol, they don't. GG.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Aps is capped at 5, the closer the sage gets to 5 aps, the more useless demon spark becomes. The demon would have to take out int peices to upgrade defense, which isnt needed in most cases. SO you basically say the healing power is exactly the same, so how is one better? My point exactly.

With 5 aps base, i could be 5 aps sparked with chill of the deep b:laugh

Would be fun enough for a while, but i'd rather be 5 aps r9 or 4 aps r9 demon sparked.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deltasin - Dreamweaver
    Deltasin - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OP Here.

I like how everything sort of progressed here, but really my question came out of two instances;

1. A BM threatened any sage sin by saying if we painted him with sage bp, he would kick us from the squad.

2. A demon sin saying that sage sins with sage bloodpaint would ask for demon bloodpaint because of how the hp return worked. (It didn't work as he said, I'm not writing it out because he said sage bp only returned for 3% but never stated 3% of what.)

It was just weird, someone choosing demon bp so much over sage bp if, in end game, it doesn't matter that 300 or so hp, depending on your calculations.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How does a sage sin have damage reduction sparkless? Lol, they don't. GG.

Didn't notice the "sparkless" kek

I aint even mad son

So when are you gonna post an actual argument?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Ms_Sinister - Archosaur
    Ms_Sinister - Archosaur Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have seen at least two players turn down sage bp for demon bp. One tried to tell me that demon was better. If sage bp gives 1% more return heal and demon gives temporary increased evasion, why would you turn down sage bp?

To all teh YOUNG SCHOLARS still wondering because their mind wanders at the peak of learning
    Demon BP for Pvp
    Sage BP for Pve
    plain and simple
    they both are good depending on situation
    Fair enouf? did ya learn somethin?
    The Grim Reaper
    ONCE U GO DEMON YOU NEVER GO BACK
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bp useless on the new pvp status
  • JackieK - Harshlands
    JackieK - Harshlands Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tbh pvp wise demon bp is op asf if you spam it~18 seconds of evasion>>>>>then the extra 1% heal for pvp, for pve its obviously sage bp all day lol