Perfect World International: Now or Never

TheDan - Sanctuary
TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Blademaster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEonk3BcBgA

Some very competitive 2v2s BM (TheDan) + Psy (DbaII) vs BM (Sifu_MohTofu) + Wizard (GingerBread)

Then an unofficial 1v1 BM vs BM occurred at the end of the last round.
BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
Post edited by TheDan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    great stuff .. i think ur opponents just had a btr strategic play in the 2vs2 part .. idk why u guys went after the wizz when clearly u were both comfortable tnaking the wizz unless he 3 sparked or u ran out of marrow or the other bm hfed .. i wud have gone straight thru the bm first save wizz for later .. but thats just my opinion.. blade hurl all the wizzies 3 sparks and that sorta sorta thing ... also im surprised especially since both bm's are demon there wasnt any use of GS .. which i find to be much more effective in many circumstances than hfing .. but yeah good watch .. and that 1v1 LOL so long i think my brain melted halfway thru it b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    great stuff .. i think ur opponents just had a btr strategic play in the 2vs2 part .. idk why u guys went after the wizz when clearly u were both comfortable tnaking the wizz unless he 3 sparked or u ran out of marrow or the other bm hfed .. i wud have gone straight thru the bm first save wizz for later .. but thats just my opinion.. blade hurl all the wizzies 3 sparks and that sorta sorta thing ... also im surprised especially since both bm's are demon there wasnt any use of GS .. which i find to be much more effective in many circumstances than hfing .. but yeah good watch .. and that 1v1 LOL so long i think my brain melted halfway thru it b:laugh

Well for one, it was a buffed fight.. if it was a self buffed fight it might have been more realistic. It's almost impossible to kill a cleric buffed +11 JOSD R999 BM with full +12 orns. That's like 35k + magic def, and psychics don't have the reduction combos that wizards have to kill them fast enough. Wizard can undine spark combo or channel combos w/ sutra.

And glacial spike is not all that great even if demon... it's a 50% chance for 95% crit... which realistically already being at 45% crit just makes it so that 1 out of every 2 hits double for 5 seconds, where I could already be getting that on HF for 9 seconds without gambling. The only exception might be like reckless rush execution or Wood Pots which I didn't have on me since I wasn't prepared. Even then.. I'd much rather go for zerk crits on HF which could potentially 2 shot an un-marrowed BM.

But basically glacial got nerfed as soon as absolute virtue passive came out increasing base stats by 56%.

• Egamoto - Harshlands
    Egamoto - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hiya great fights.

Would you rather pop a wood pill instead of a gods tea for a chance to DG VS then 1on1 bm fight?

BTW there should be an unwritten rule that bms cant phys marrow durrin one on one :p
  • SpearSpark - Heavens Tear
    SpearSpark - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it was very entertaining to watch.

sifumohtofu has a unique aggressive style.

tbh there was 2 or 3 times i thought sifu was gonna win

dan was great in the end with the leap > occult ice > roar > bash > reckless rush to finish.

i think both bms are great, fight of the year.
    往事如烟
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    Hiya great fights.

Would you rather pop a wood pill instead of a gods tea for a chance to DG VS then 1on1 bm fight?

BTW there should be an unwritten rule that bms cant phys marrow durrin one on one :p

The wood pot destroys phys marrow, but I didn't have any on me since I'm not statted for 1v1s atm, I'm only 200 dex.

• Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The wood pot destroys phys marrow, but I didn't have any on me since I'm not statted for 1v1s atm, I'm only 200 dex.

How much dex to you plan to move to
    Bahamas represent
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    How much dex to you plan to move to

Normally I'd say 300, but it's only better for 1v1s. I don't 1v1 very often so I'm staying statted at 200 for Mass PvP. 10/12 classes don't have huge evasion so the 300 dex is for like archers and sins and maybe some higher dex BMs.