bringing quest boss to event is permitted?

ioana5123
ioana5123 Posts: 15 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
i have a question and i decided to write here cause i know there are some others wondering the same thing. Bringing the quest boss Jewelscalen to the 12 pm event in Lost city (the one with random drops and money packs) is it permitted? this boss kills all blue and white low levels who try to do event. The most powerful people decided to bring the boss so that we don't stand a chance at doing the event. All i ask is this permitted and why? thank youb:sad
Post edited by ioana5123 on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No, it's not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Nope, submit a ticket if you have evidence of who did it.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No, it's not.

Source ?

I asked recently to a GM if it was allowed to bring a boss near someone who was auto-cultivating. She surprisingly answered that if I didn't want to be killed I could stay in less dangerous zones (even if I was not in the normal zone for that boss)
    Might be different for an event but I would really like to get an official reply/source regarding that.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ioana5123
    edited February 2014
    I knew luring a quest boss and killing people intentionally wasn't allowed. i have plenty of SS with even names and insults adreesed to us,people who died due to the boss. i hoped a Gm would give me a once and for all answear so we know the true
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    ioana5123 wrote: »
    I knew luring a quest boss and killing people intentionally wasn't allowed. i have plenty of SS with even names and insults adreesed to us,people who died due to the boss. i hoped a Gm would give me a once and for all answear so we know the true
    That's already been done, and additionally linked to within this thread.

If you really use the search feature, you can likely find a few other similar threads that have already gotten a GM/CM response.

Don't expect a GM/CM response when it's already been posted, and brought to your attention by other's who are better at looking for an answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sounds fun, reminds me of the valentines rose digging event pwi had a few years back b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The thread that was link date of 2009, we are in 2014, things are not taking seriously anymore, it's a week I see someone hacking, I did report on many chars and the guy is still there hacking in front of everyone and nothing is done.

If you ask if it's against the rules to bring a boss with the intention to kill people you will get answer that yes it is, but even if you report the person that did it will get nothing.
  • ioana5123
    edited February 2014
    i saw the later posts about this but they are from 2009 and i didn't see any final answer on that matter just suggestions on what to do or do not. then i guess i need to bring my camera and film all that happening since SS doesn't help as far as i read. and hope someone will actual give me an answer to my question.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    You got your answer: no, it's not permitted, and you should send in a ticket with screenshots.

You'll never know what punishment was handed out, as PWE does not make that information public.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just some context since I know why this thread came up but don't actually know who's guilty of pulling....

This is from Harshlands. Dark guild controls most events for having the strongest PK prescense, and as such, reaps all the rewards. In response, since this event is easy to access and doesn't require gear, other guilds have simply made blue names to come pick up drops instead of trying to fight back.
    Now, in response, someone pulled Jewelscalen to the boss location, since Jewel is strong enough to wipe blue names but won't tickle anyone that's on a main. The argument I'm hearing behind the why of it and why it was pulled is that there's a belief the rule may be "don't pull bosses to SZ," and this was not safezone. Likewise, PKing at events has been confirmed for fair game, and this is really only an attempt to answer back to those who are full-on allergic to PK being legal.

At any rate, I'd love to hear a GM confirmation on this because I seem to recall both explanations (pulling period is illegal and pulling is only illegal if it's SZ) so I'm unsure which is correct.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ioana5123
    edited February 2014
    that boss kills even low lvl white names like under 80 that die from its aeo, pk is one thing but bringing a boss just to wipe out people isn't right. And same, i really want a conclusion to weather is permitted or not .
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    if it wasnt permitted in the past during events, then i dont see why it would suddenly be permitted now... o,o

the valentines massacre with jewelscalen a few years back, it became a bannable offense during the event. Between auto culti and event, autoculti you can do it anytime, event is limited to time and day, especially when its a seasonal.

If your really curious, why not lure it and have pple ticket you with screenshot b:pleased who knows it could turn out diff.

(whether or not some GM takes IMMEDIATE action is another story...)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited February 2014
    It's bannable because some players try to intentionally pull bosses in order to kill others or make them lose experience. Obviously the aggro will not automatically reset once you hit a safe zone, but you can take steps to ensure that you do not pull the mob into one to avoid being reported.
    That's one of the first. I'm working backwards from '08.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JYUUU - Harshlands
    JYUUU - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ioana5123 wrote: »
    that boss kills even low lvl white names like under 80 that die from its aeo, pk is one thing but bringing a boss just to wipe out people isn't right. And same, i really want a conclusion to weather is permitted or not .

White names would die from being killed by the guild controlling the event on both PVP server anyways, so it's not an excuse.
    The true thing here is that people who aren't even trying to control an event on a PVP server are creating fake accounts just to loot things that they don't deserve. Bluenames are constantly trashtalking and bragging how they are looting without doing anything. *
    Well, here is the answer you got to your provocations.
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    White names would die from being killed by the guild controlling the event on both PVP server anyways, so it's not an excuse.
    The true thing here is that people who aren't even trying to control an event on a PVP server are creating fake accounts just to loot things that they don't deserve. Bluenames are constantly trashtalking and bragging how they are looting without doing anything. *
    Well, here is the answer you got to your provocations.

Being an ******* makes things not bannable.
    - Every PK Server player ever
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    oooh.. I was annoyed at bluename alts picking my drops because they wouldn't dare come on mains..

b:chuckle never thought to pull a boss. whoever did so i'd treat to some faerie wine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • JYUUU - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Being an ******* makes things not bannable.
    - Every PK Server player ever

It's funny how carebears seems to be 12 years old kids.
    Sorry u can't get everything in this game without moving a finger, it also applies in life. If you want rewards, come get them. If you can't get them, just be a man, accept it and just do something else.
    Nah, better be a crying baby complaining on forums.

I wish you good luck in your real life guys, so ignorant.
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sorry u can't get everything in this game without moving a finger, it also applies in life. If you want rewards, come get them. If you can't get them, just be a man, accept it and just do something else.

PWI is now completely the same as real life.
    This is when you know you need to snap back to reality and stop linking real life to a game.

But I guess on PvP servers fun isn't allowed, sorry, forgot about that.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    PWI is now completely the same as real life.
    This is when you know you need to snap back to reality and stop linking real life to a game.

But I guess on PvP servers fun isn't allowed, sorry, forgot about that.

ofc we have fun on pvp servers, we do stuff like drag bosses to events and have a big laugh :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • ioana5123
    edited February 2014

this went off topic, the whole topic was weather the luring of boss was permitted or not. no one is talking about pk or what they do in real life. and i don't give a damn. so stop going off topic and find stupid excuse to why people lure the boss
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited February 2014

So lets do this in a RL perspective.

Lets say your lvl 5-10 in RL age 5-10,your playing in your room(farming as in MMO),I lure a huge pittbull in your instance(your room in RL) and I shut the door..glb:bye
  • JYUUU - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    I'm not finding excuses, i'm proud of luring it, hf not getting money nubs.
    And yes, your behaviour on a videogame is about the same as in real life, you are being crybabies about a freakin boss you don't even try to DD.
    It's not like any of you are noobs trying to get into the event, because noobs don't even know about this event. You are just making alts to get money over other people, good for you, that's fun for you? Looks like we don't have fun the same way.

"this went off topic, the whole topic was weather the luring of boss was permitted or not"
    Are you really trying to give me lessons btw Mr. Weather? So credible.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    So lets do this in a RL perspective.

Lets say your lvl 5-10 in RL age 5-10,your playing in your room(farming as in MMO),I lure a huge pittbull in your instance(your room in RL) and I shut the door..glb:bye

This comparison is just as stupid as the old "Go PK IRL" **** certain forum members used to spout all the time.

If you're gonna give an example to show you disagree with something, at least use a slightly credible one.

That aside, this entire thing is going into a spiral that would likely get things closed. Let's try and keep it more civil here, folks.

And yes, luring bosses to events (especially with intention of using the boss to kill others) has been illegal for years now. That rule has not changed at all.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    This comparison is just as stupid as the old "Go PK IRL" **** certain forum members used to spout all the time.

If you're gonna give an example to show you disagree with something, at least use a slightly credible one.

That aside, this entire thing is going into a spiral that would likely get things closed. Let's try and keep it more civil here, folks.

And yes, luring bosses to events (especially with intention of using the boss to kill others) has been illegal for years now. That rule has not changed at all.

Where's your source? From what I've known being a player for 4 years is that you're not allowed to lure a boss into a SAFE ZONE.

-snip bait-
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Where's your source? From what I've known being a player for 4 years is that you're not allowed to lure a boss into a SAFE ZONE.

Page 1 has a link. If you can't be bothered to educate yourself that's on you.

As for your trollbait, how about no?
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Page 1 has a link. If you can't be bothered to educate yourself that's on you.

As for your trollbait, how about no?

You're directing me to an outdated post with 2009 players who haven't even gotten to 100 yet with a CM that is non-existent. LOL.

The game has changed. Give me a new and reliable source please.
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    You're directing me to an outdated post with 2009 players who haven't even gotten to 100 yet with a CM that is non-existent. LOL.

The game has changed. Give me a new and reliable source please.

Oh lookie. A thread from 2008 with CMs that are non-existent at the moment yet is still 100% relevant to today.

The rule has not changed. Get over it.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited February 2014

Sorry I want an official response instead of imaginary rules made by old management of the past. :)
    edited February 2014
    Sorry I want an official response instead of imaginary rules made by old management of the past. :)
    I already posted a quote from a GM response to the issue that answered it. Just because he's no longer a GM doesn't mean the rule has changed. What would make you think that just because it's from the past that it's no longer valid?

As usual everyone has ignored it.

Edit: Here it is again for you.....
    It's bannable because some players try to intentionally pull bosses in order to kill others or make them lose experience. Obviously the aggro will not automatically reset once you hit a safe zone, but you can take steps to ensure that you do not pull the mob into one to avoid being reported.
    That's one of the first. I'm working backwards from '08.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]