Nation Wars isn't fun anymore

freygin
freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Nation Wars
Does anyone still enjoy PvP-ing in Nation Wars ? I did a few months ago, but now whenever I go to NW I only think about getting Supply Tokens as many as possible, which can be abused on how to get the most of it.

Going in and out battles during the whole Nation Wars duration gives more Supply Tokens in the end, with less charm tick, apoths, and other pvp supplies.

I believe many people also do NW like that and bring alts for more tokens gained. The devs really have to come up with better scoring system.
Post edited by freygin on

Comments

• Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary
    Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    NW is pretty boring. Numbers have drastically decreased which makes it even worse.
    This next comment is not because I'm low geared because anyone that knows me knows I'll fight anyone no matter what gear they have. That being said I have a huge suggestion for nw. I think that because most pwi players hate dying to r999 and the such(I only hate being killed by sins b:sad) that they should have pre determined gear sets.

How this would work?
    For examplr everyone would auto be r999 for the duration of nw and wtvr refines, shards, etc they have on their current gear would follow them. Any extra non r999 things would be left alone such as puzzle cube, rings, cape, etc. So people would still have advantages for gearing up as I know most people who can afford r999 can also afford high refines/shards, but others would stand more of a chance.

It's not biased because I just like to see pvp and of something is prohibiting it then it should be fixed. Those atk/def lvl nw buffs aren't good enough for the low lvls >:

ty for reading b:cute
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    I go NW with a group of friends and have fun. Sometimes more then other times, but well, can't do anything about those alts or players that can only have fun when winning.
    This next comment is not because I'm low geared because anyone that knows me knows I'll fight anyone no matter what gear they have. That being said I have a huge suggestion for nw. I think that because most pwi players hate dying to r999 and the such(I only hate being killed by sins b:sad) that they should have pre determined gear sets.

Ewwww. That would be only kill all teamwork in squads. The main issue is that there are big r999 players that squad only with equivalent geared players, then they end up dominating in the nation. The average geared often don't group, and mixed geared squads are even more rare. I don't blame gear for this though. It's just that so many players don't take the initiative of making a squad, then they end up solo unbuffed with just random ppl while facing a squad. Ofc they feel run over and just blame it on the gear ...

I go with a mixed group. Going from G15/r8 to R9.3+10~12. We don't have much chance to win vs the big full r9.3 squads, but we put up a decent fight anyway 8D It's only a pitty the most fun battles are mainly vs the same 8'ish squads.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think NW is still fun.

The map revert means is now feasible to run moderate/OP squads again, the going in/out isn't as effective as it was, otherwise people that run it normally would be getting token nerfs, which I'm not seeing.

I like going with a squad of friends not all OP, but we're still a pretty strong squad that works together on vent. I try and get us fun battles vs other similar geared/strength squads, like if a squad from my faction is in the adjoining nation and they are up for fights I'll try and get into the same lands as them, I know they will play fair have fun and we'll joke around in faction chat.

Contrary to popular belief most r9rrs do not enjoy running around one shotting everything, it's not fun at all. Gives little to no contribution and generates so much QQ pm's. I hate those battles.

I would fully support having three separate instances of NW, one for those r9rr squads that want fun competitive PvP, one for g16 and lower that want fun competitive PvP, and one for people to drop all their alts in to land hop for two hours. :x
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can't even NW because of RL stuff b:cry
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Was it ever? I'm not even mad that work kept me from doing it last week!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I usually play my cleric normally with a squad or solo and I get like 13k to 15k points. Average 14k

If I play solo and going in and out battles the entire time during NW after finishing the requirements for getting tokens, I get like 16k to 20k++ points. Average 18k.

If I bring my 2 alts and only do the requirements for getting tokens then hopping into as many battles as I can on all my chars, I can get like 13k++, and around 10k on both alts, with total 30k points, means more tokens in total.

It varies and maybe depends on the participants of the server, but going in and out battles gives me more tokens everytime, and I believe there are many people doing that as well, they're just afk at spawn point and do nothing.