Chiyu Glitch: Open world VS Instance (TW & NW)

Options
ChevaIier - Harshlands
ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Quality Corner
Hey mystics,

I'm looking for the support of the entire mystic community to send tickets about a known glitch, the Chihyu "stun" effect, that has been happening ever since day 1!

The glitch:

In the open world, if you stand too close to the target and summon Chiyu and proceed to click "Stun", then stun effect will fail to work and the skill goes into a CD.

BUT,

In TW and NW (closed instances), summoning a chihyu next to a target and then proceed to clicking "Stun", it will work no matter how close you are.

I have noticed that this has become a major disadvantage for us because not only do our pets die in one shot (because of all the upgrades and fire power), losing a Chihyu stun effect puts us at a great disadvantage.

More reasoning:
Ever since the morai updates, mystics have started to become more and more at a disadvantage:

- Our 59 skills are not as effective as they were meant to be: a Cragglord that hits 200 and expires in 20 seconds and a thicket that procs purify or hits low damage compared to other classes 59 skills. Hell, a cleric's tempest has hit me for 20K before -_-".

- All our pets literally die to everything. From updated PVE instances (e.g. SoT and abba) to PVP, they cannot take a hit at all.

- Spamming Chihyu and stunning has literally become a staple to our survival, but because it dies so fast in one shot and the glitch in open world PVP we become open targets.

Anyways, any other feedback welcome and hopefully upon reading this it will make you go to the Support link and start sending those tickets!
Post edited by ChevaIier - Harshlands on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Haven't noticed the glitch you mentioned before, but I don't PK.

You're worried about Chiyu durability but you're spamming it repeatedly so not really seeing what the issue is. Pets aren't tab-targetable so your opponent either has to hit you with an aoe or manually click your pet to kill it. It should have time to get its stun off.

Not sure what your gear is but I am continuously surprised by how durable my pets are. Storm Mistress in particular has no problem surviving in instances (other than blowing up from too much chi in flowsilver b:laugh). Not a lot of data on the upgraded Chiyu yet but it may solve your durability problem anyway.

Cragglord is largely useless yes (but godlike in Delta). We've been over Thicket before, it's amazing control skill (NOT a damage skill) against the classes that don't have purify (and the casters who aren't r999).

So yeah can't see bothering Support with this being productive. Put a note in Quality Corner about the close-range stun thing.
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It happened to me before but never knew what caused it. So range is the problem?

Idk if they bother with bugs in tickets, best would for this to be posted in Quality Corner and hope they take notice of it and report it to pwcn cause pwi can't do it. This was how the pet resummoning glitch was fixed but it took more than a few months and a major expansion.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yeah this belongs to Quality Corner.

Tickets really wouldn't be the best way for this to get handled, honestly.
    (Insert fancy image here)