Pk'ing on a PvP Server [Update]

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify a few things since I seem to be seeing some complaints here on the forums (and via our ticket system). If you roll on a PvP server, then you sign yourself up to be killed by the enemy at any time, anywhere. As long as players are not exploiting terrain/glitching to achieve this, then they are doing nothing wrong. While it does hinder progress, that is the whole idea of a PvP server. Since that is the premise, we unfortunately cannot do anything.

Hopefully that clears things up, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

-Just a mini update. If it gets to the point that you are killing someone continually, non-stop, then we will consider it harassment, PvP server or not. If it's just a few times, or for a short amount, then it's fine.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Thank you, sparkie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Thanks for putting this up :3
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify a few things since I seem to be seeing some complaints here on the forums (and via our ticket system). We unfortunately will not do anything.

Hopefully that clears things up, and if you have any questions feel not to ask.

Fixed.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Even with somewhat official reply, people will still make threads about similar "issues", at least good that mods can move them to the lower depths or delete now imo.
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    In the past there was the ''3 times'' rule which was, you could pk someone 3 times, but if the person was asking politely to stop after the third one and you did continue and get report you was getting ban.

That rule was confirmed by a GM.

Does that rule still stand or now we can pk as many times as we want without risk a ban?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    >Joins PVP server
    >Complains when getting PK'd

You asked for this.
    Doesn't matter if its a questing area being camped, PK is PK. Why not get others on the server to PK those who are inhibiting players from questing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    In the past there was the ''3 times'' rule which was, you could pk someone 3 times, but if the person was asking politely to stop after the third one and you did continue and get report you was getting ban.

That rule was confirmed by a GM.

Does that rule still stand or now we can pk as many times as we want without risk a ban?

Yes please clarify upon this new community manager. Because depending on what you say here it will unleash a chain of events that may kill a server or two in a matter of 1 night after your reply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    so basically,

in a way,

particular pple on the PVP servers who want an increase in new player rates, have to keep an extra consideration check so not to overly harass PK potential population away before they become engrossed in the game

f:bike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    shouldnt this be extended to PvE servers?

If you chose to turn on PK mode... b:pleased
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
    edited February 2014
    Options
    so basically,

in a way,

particular pple on the PVP servers who want an increase in new player rates, have to keep an extra consideration check so not to overly harass PK potential population away before they become engrossed in the game

f:bike

Why would a player join a PVP server in the first place if they don't want to get PK?

If I was pking someone 50 times in 15 minutes I understand the person will be mad, but sometime I pk people for the first time ever and they pm me in caps lock trash talking me, insulting me and threaten me of everything for 1 pk. Those people should have never roll a PVP server if they can't handle to get pk at all.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Most of people dont read anythign before click
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Why would a player join a PVP server in the first place if they don't want to get PK?
    learn to read. Not just read 1 sentence and click a response
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • preston77
    preston77 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

If I was pking someone 50 times in 15 minutes I understand the person will be mad, but sometime I pk people for the first time ever and they pm me in caps lock trash talking me, insulting me and threaten me of everything for 1 pk. Those people should have never roll a PVP server if they can't handle to get pk at all.

They want pk, but they don't wanna be owned. b:sad
    edited February 2014
    Options
    learn to read. Not just read 1 sentence and click a response

HL don't really care about having new players tbh.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    how about you get fixed the quests on pve servers that require pvp mode
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    LOLOLOL FINALLY.

I don't know how many PM's i've got "Ty for SS of you pking me while I quest, hope u get banned".

So god damn funny.

#inb4allthecarebearfactionsqq

b:bye
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify a few things since I seem to be seeing some complaints here on the forums (and via our ticket system). If you roll on a PvP server, then you sign yourself up to be killed by the enemy at any time, anywhere. As long as players are not exploiting terrain/glitching to achieve this, then they are doing nothing wrong. While it does hinder progress, that is the whole idea of a PvP server. Since that is the premise, we unfortunately cannot do anything.

Hopefully that clears things up, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to see this stickied and basically announced and rubbed in everyone's face so I can stop getting hopelessly delusional PMs all the time.

I can also proudly say I was involved in the PK that helped spark this thread. My PWI toon can die happy now knowing he served his country. b:cry

GLORY TO MOTHER RUSSIA! \o/
    I <3 AGOREY
  • teraflare2010
    teraflare2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    pvp with around same gear is kool btu when you spend yoru entire 1st and 2nd mortgage on a game to become super OP it becomes an unlevel playing field ,just because you have no life and wanna spend all your welfare or disability money on a game dont mean you are allowed to be ***** . spend a week in a non super OP players shoes and you will see what alot of ppl mean and that "GM" is supposed to be tagged with GM tag i dont see ****
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I for one am glad players on pvp servers harrass other players of lower level and hinder their progression and possibly run them from the game or to another server. It's the community activley destroying itself, and it is beautiful. If you can't play on a pvp, come over to a pve server where you won't be harrased as much and might actually reach what is considered end came content eventually, we still have pvp as an option(Sanctuary Rules).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I cannot tell you how happy I am to see this stickied and basically announced and rubbed in everyone's face so I can stop getting hopelessly delusional PMs all the time.

I can also proudly say I was involved in the PK that helped spark this thread. My PWI toon can die happy now knowing he served his country. b:cry

GLORY TO MOTHER RUSSIA! \o/

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I for one am glad players on pvp servers harrass other players of lower level and hinder their progression and possibly run them from the game or to another server. It's the community activley destroying itself, and it is beautiful. If you can't play on a pvp, come over to a pve server where you won't be harrased as much and might actually reach what is considered end came content eventually, we still have pvp as an option(Sanctuary Rules).

I made a char on Santuary (and other PVE servers) a while ago by curiosity and Sanctuary is the most unsociable and snob server I saw, if someone is going to join a PVE server I would suggest HT, it's active, new low level players are welcome, while it's not the case on all PVE servers.
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    RIP, PvP servers b:sin
  • velasquez2
    velasquez2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

To clear that up a bit b:scorn
    PWI had at the beginning a half year where only subcriptions to Lost City Server were possible.
    So a lot of PVE loving players ended up on starting to play on it.
    And to be honest a lot of them found friends there and don't want to miss them if they would start new on a PVE Server.

My opinion and the reason why I still play on LC is that I am one of those who found friends on LC years ago, them and me are still playing.

PVP isn't that bad, only stubborn and annoying RPKerls, which are thinking they would be awesome when they kill lower lvl or mess up squads while they are doing harder stuff, are getting onto my nerves. In my opinion those are honestless and just dumb... f:shy

And now go and have fun b:bye
    edited February 2014
    Options
    HL don't really care about having new players tbh.
    thats exactly why i said 'particular people' because it doesnt apply to all, especially because i know there are some dull crayons roaming the forums
    I made a char on Santuary (and other PVE servers) a while ago by curiosity and Sanctuary is the most unsociable and snob server I saw, if someone is going to join a PVE server I would suggest HT, it's active, new low level players are welcome, while it's not the case on all PVE servers.
    its not snobbing, we just developed a higher tolerance to idiots by ignoring them
    ......its small wonder you experienced it first hand.

then again... being called a snob server is quite the compliment in my eyes... lol especially with all this activity <3
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    What you are saying is incorrect, the following is posted from the terms of service:
    "You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.
    Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:
    (a) Harm minors in any way;
    (b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    (c) Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message transmitted through the Website;
    (d) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
    (e) Interfere with or disrupt the Service, the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
    (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
    (g) Collect, store, post or otherwise disseminate any personal data about other users;
    (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
    (i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct;
    (j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    (m) trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the game; and/or
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.
    PWE may take any actions and impose any penalties we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning. The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within PWE's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Website. By using the Website, you agree you will be bound by PWE's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement."

According to your company, questblocking, or otherwise known as repetitive killing of a single or multiple people to impede their capability of completing said quest is a direct violation of the terms of service clause 10 subclause h regardless of server. I rest my case.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    According to your company, questblocking, or otherwise known as repetitive killing of a single or multiple people to impede their capability of completing said quest is a direct violation of the terms of service clause 10 subclause h regardless of server. I rest my case.

And from the same block you copy/pasted,

"The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within PWE's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Website. By using the Website, you agree you will be bound by PWE's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement."

Really silly to quote ToS and not actually read it all the way through, yet attempt to claim that PWE staff who , according to ToS, can "change these guidelines at any time and in its sole discretion" are incorrect of their interpretation of it... when how THEY interpret it is the only one that matters.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    pvp with around same gear is kool btu when you spend yoru entire 1st and 2nd mortgage on a game to become super OP it becomes an unlevel playing field ,just because you have no life and wanna spend all your welfare or disability money on a game dont mean you are allowed to be ***** . spend a week in a non super OP players shoes and you will see what alot of ppl mean and that "GM" is supposed to be tagged with GM tag i dont see ****

Except this is never what happened. Nobody finds enjoyment from picking on lowbies. NOBODY. Only times lowbies get shot is if:

1) They have potential to steal a drop
    2) They're standing around a PK hotspot and tab-targeting to them is becoming problematic
    3) They're standing at a friggin PK hotspot and someone's hella bored.

Nobody gets hella OP and actively searches for the undergeared. Yes ok, such people exist, but you'd find nothing if you tried to go hunting for newbs (waste of time) and the KPD-padders, at least on Harshlands, have all been driven off to SZ and never ever show their faces these days.

All it's been on Harshlands is a tool for people to remain delusional. Dude, if I frapsed my PK round the clock, I could probably make a video that's 20 mins long of NOTHING but people PMing me I was gonna get reported.

The sad thing is no one ever read the ToS. Fun fact about me I'm sure will surprise the people of Harshlands: I did have an instance where I truly felt harassed. It wasn't a case of "GRRR I DIED, ME MAD," it was a case of "ok this dude's getting ridiculously creepy and obsessive to the point where I dun even wanna PLAY cause I'm creeped out." Couldn't talk to him, couldn't reason with him, couldn't get him to leave me alone win OR lose. It was annoying, it was creepy, it made the game not fun to play. After that, I looked up the rules to see EXACTLY what qualified as harassment, I politely ticketed to ask if my situation sounded like harassment and if it was, what was needed of me, and the response was a very supportive "oh hell yeah that's harassment" with a list of things required, I provided them, and viola.

See, something people don't get is...when you're harassed? You'll know it. You don't rage when you're harassed. You get weirded out. Random PK and faction grudges are incapable of doing this because nothing about these is creepy and stalker-ish, you're either being PKed entirely at random or for political reasons.
    In that same sense, that's why a requirement is to ASK POLITELY for the person to stop. If someone's weirding you out? You can sure as hell manage to ask politely. If you're raging? You'll only manage a "**** U MY DAD'S A GM UR SO DEAD U LITTLE SCRUB." It's a deceptively clever little term of harassment that's surprisingly appropriate and potent, allowing RPKers to be RPKers while legit stalker-esque players get shut down quick. If any of you ever bothered to ****ing ticket and ask a GM directly, you'd know this, so I sorta question how many people ever actually bothered with ticketing or responding to GM responses. Sadly, not once did it happen that I had someone ask properly; hell, even the ticket BAITERS - the ones who looked up how to do it but STILL were trying for a ban out of rage - were probably 3 total. I can't tell you how hilarious it's been to be on the receiving end of these threats almost constantly, seeing how no matter HOW many times these people ticketed or claimed to ticket, I still walked and they still wanted to buy into these delusions that they understood the ToS. And I can't tell you how happy this makes the PKing community, even if all it accomplishes is clearing up our PMs.

I promise you this post has no effect on -anything- with the attitude of the server whatsoever, or it's PK habits. The people who PK, well...PK. The people who don't and complain are afraid to do so and probably should've rolled PvE server, though this won't change how frequently they're PKed imo because all the active PKers already KNEW the threats were empty. The only thing this post does is it convinces hundreds of people who tried to fuel their rage and revenge fantasies with delusions of getting their attacker reported and banned.

Now they finally have irrefutable proof that they're feeding themselves lies. Now we don't have to put up with constant ticket threats, so now all that's left is to "git gewd scrub." b:cute
    I <3 AGOREY
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

For the glory, comrade!

On topic, I see now who actually makes Support Staff reply so slowly.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    porphy wrote: »
    For the glory, comrade!

On topic, I see now who actually makes Support Staff reply so slowly.

I would legit pay the PWI support team if they could provide me with a statistic regarding how often my name has come up in tickets. And I'm not even a CSer.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I would legit pay the PWI support team if they could provide me with a statistic regarding how often my name has come up in tickets. And I'm not even a CSer.

#pklifeproblems #sohardtobegood

I feel your pain, lol.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS