Need a GM to monitor Dreamweaver

Options
Kijinka - Dreamweaver
Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
There is someone going around the Dreamweaver server promising people items and sending them to a false website (phishing website) and needs prompt action.

It is believed that the char selling the **** items is "dreamwizgirl". I am unsure of all the victims' character names. Perhaps the people who are aware of who has fallen victim to this could post their names here and if a GM reads it, perhaps do something about the lost items.

The player mentioned beforehand needs to be investigated and dealt with. If a mod removes the name due to the no naming players on the forums, I will put it back up. The possible infraction on my account is worth bringing this player to justice and my fellow players getting their items back.
Post edited by Kijinka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    There is someone going around the Dreamweaver server promising people items and sending them to a false website (phishing website) and needs prompt action.

It is believed that the char selling the **** items is "dreamwizgirl". I am unsure of all the victims' character names. Perhaps the people who are aware of who has fallen victim to this could post their names here and if a GM reads it, perhaps do something about the lost items.

The player mentioned beforehand needs to be investigated and dealt with. If a mod removes the name due to the no naming players on the forums, I will put it back up. The possible infraction on my account is worth bringing this player to justice and my fellow players getting their items back.

Couple things about this

1 - In before close
    2 - Every Server has those idiots sending you to phising sites
    3 - I f you are dumb enough to put your details in another site then in my opinion you deserve to get ****.

How many times have it been said DONT GIVE YOUR DETAILS TO ANY-ONE not even a GM.

Stupid people will stay stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • arsalan1360
    arsalan1360 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I saw lots of world chat from reliable people of DreamWeaver about these scams. I hope the scammer get caught soon or at least the victims get their stuff back.
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Couple things about this

1 - In before close
    3 - I f you are dumb enough to put your details in another site then in my opinion you deserve to get ****.

How many times have it been said DONT GIVE YOUR DETAILS TO ANY-ONE not even a GM.

I did not know this was an issue on all servers. They seem to come and go about once every 6 months on Dreamweaver. Although I semi agree that they were stupid enough to submit their details on an unofficial website, they should not have to lose all that hard work or cash they spent on their gear to someone so malicious.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

My server has these problems sometimes as well. I don't think as many people are affected by it though with RT having a reputation. Half the players on the server may be trolls, but they aren't shy about warning others about a full blown scam brewing over WC. Word around the server travels FAST.

Good luck getting a GM to come in game to check this out any time soon by the way. Last time I saw one was when v4liance, our last CM got online months ago.f:worry Best you can probably do is send in a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Couple things about this

1 - In before close

What happened was that person **** account then sent pms to all friends on fl to go to phising site to get +12 orb or something. So actually problem is that you receiving pm from person YOU KNOW/TRUST, and not from some stranger. This happened yesterday... some people were smart and asked for more info and after that "friend" loged off, some unfortunately wasn't so smart and did it.

So yes I agree that you should never go to any site other then officially pwi and give your info. But people trust friends and then s*** happens.

So if you on DW server and get pm from "friend" about site with awesome reward... your friend has been ****.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    A friend of mine been pming from a **** friend before as well...
    Also, maybe around 2? months ago I tried TWO times within a week my archers name being "copied" and pming my friends and faction mates, offering them free gold etc lol and all that kind of stuff..
    Happened again yesterday, somebody copied my psychics name b:surrender

I've just been warning people, then send ticket and hope for the best...
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    What happened was that person **** account then sent pms to all friends on fl to go to phising site to get +12 orb or something. So actually problem is that you receiving pm from person YOU KNOW/TRUST, and not from some stranger. This happened yesterday... some people were smart and asked for more info and after that "friend" loged off, some unfortunately wasn't so smart and did it.

So yes I agree that you should never go to any site other then officially pwi and give your info. But people trust friends and then s*** happens.

So if you on DW server and get pm from "friend" about site with awesome reward... your friend has been ****.

Hackers always do that, they log the **** account and pm the FL/Guild list, that's nothing new.

Nvm who pm you about free gifts, if it's not on the official then don't go. Nvm if it's a friend that pm you or your leader, wife, hubby, sister or even a GM.

They did spam some messages a while ago in red about it, do people need to be told every freaking day to don't fall for those scam nvm who did sent them pm?

People are so desperate and stupid that they believe that **** and lose everything.

When I've been told about the +10 orbs (from the roll back) I didn't log any links people was giving me, I came on the official and did check on the forum.

Stupidity cannot be cure.
    A friend of mine been pming from a **** friend before as well...
    Also, maybe around 2? months ago I tried TWO times within a week my archers name being "copied" and pming my friends and faction mates, offering them free gold etc lol and all that kind of stuff..
    Happened again yesterday, somebody copied my psychics name b:surrender

I've just been warning people, then send ticket and hope for the best...

The way you speak that happen a lot to you, maybe try to avoid name with i / l cause those are easy to copy or make an alt with the other letter so no one make it.
  • Luna_Breeze - Dreamweaver
    Luna_Breeze - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    There has been another scammer around on Dreamweaver for a few months now too. They get a toon invited into a faction, take note of leader, director and marshals names, and make toons with similar looking names. Then pm members of the faction asking for account details so they can give gold to the account etc.
    Luckily the leader of our faction is my RL hubby and the scammer pm'd me so it was known pretty quick b:laugh
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I feel so bad for those who got hacker, but people never learn I guess x.x
  • TlGRlS - Dreamweaver
    TlGRlS - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I was **** and never had been,,it came as chat from a really good friend and it wasnt him it was the hacker on his site,,i went to site and it was a perfect world site,,looked just like it,,both me and husband were **** after maintenance,,,we lost everything that wasnt bound or untradeable,,and i seen the girl dreamwizgirl selling the deicides and my jaden emperors bow my hubby made for me in her shop that were stolen yesterday morning so yes i agree she has something to do with this cause she has the items with our names on them from my inventory,,,i hope they do a rollback cause alot of people where affected,,cause all my friends trust me and they got this from me cause the hackers were talking to and messaging my friends,,,so im hoping they do a roll back so hackers lose out on there theft and the victims get there items back,,if they do nothing hackers win and victims get revictimized,,,a roll back would solve this,,,,they did it after maintenance,,it would not be a huge rollback,,,,hopefully pwi does something and dont do there usual ,,not do anything
  • TlGRlS - Dreamweaver
    TlGRlS - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I had been sick with the flu for 2 days so when i came on and friend was chatting me about this i had no reason not to trust and went to site and was perfect world and designed the same,,thought it was for all there mess up like the +10 orbs they gave away and i had missed them,,,so it wasnt like it was a site that looked weird,,it looked like pwi web page,,just to let you know
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    but the site wasn't pwi.perfectworld.com
    link must of been different ;/ should have been easier to tell- its not real site

In WC i read that -site has TONS of spelling mistakes that only fools would fell for it- not sure if its truth
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    iirc it was something like perfectworld.insert-fake-name-here.com which anyone can quite easily create nowadays, copy paste HTML and images to make it look exactly the same.

Feel sorry for those that fell for it, and frustrated that they would for something so obvious.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    iirc it was something like perfectworld.insert-fake-name-here.com which anyone can quite easily create nowadays, copy paste HTML and images to make it look exactly the same.

Feel sorry for those that fell for it, and frustrated that they would for something so obvious.

i guess just by seeing *perfectworld* ppl were thinking its the real site f:worry and the site layer fool them too

PWI needs to put the system msg just to remind ppl bit more to be more careful
  • ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver
    ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Its really sad to see you and all this people got **** that way but in the end it was your fault for not paying attention

Only thing that bothers me is that the hacker is still going around unpunished and even bought all gold in AH house,and kept buying for 2,5m and jacking up price on it

This isnt anymore hacking items only its ****** up ingame economy
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options

Only thing that bothers me is that the hacker is still going around unpunished and even bought all gold in AH house,and kept buying for 2,5m and jacking up price on it

This isnt anymore hacking items only its ****** up ingame economy

wow really? O___O didnt notice that
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I also feel sorry for those that unknowingly bought these items from the catshop(s) when/if they find out they paid money to a scammer for a scammed item.

I think everyone that was scammed should make a list of what items they lost here (manufactured by/refine/engrave/etc) so if people realise they have acquired it through a catshop or w/e it's up to them if they want to contact the person and sell it/gift it back etc.

Tricky situation, I mean if you paid 300m for a 300m item from a catshop and found out it was a scammed item and the person that got scammed doesn't have 300m for it what do you do?

GM's won't refund this stuff as they will say it's your fault for entering details on non-pwi website.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver
    ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    wow really? O___O didnt notice that

yea it was going on for few hours this morning but seems hacker spent all money and bought all gold they needed...at some point gold was selling at 3,5m
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I was **** and never had been,,it came as chat from a really good friend and it wasnt him it was the hacker on his site,,i went to site and it was a perfect world site,,looked just like it,,both me and husband were **** after maintenance,,,we lost everything that wasnt bound or untradeable,,and i seen the girl dreamwizgirl selling the deicides and my jaden emperors bow my hubby made for me in her shop that were stolen yesterday morning so yes i agree she has something to do with this cause she has the items with our names on them from my inventory,,,i hope they do a rollback cause alot of people where affected,,cause all my friends trust me and they got this from me cause the hackers were talking to and messaging my friends,,,so im hoping they do a roll back so hackers lose out on there theft and the victims get there items back,,if they do nothing hackers win and victims get revictimized,,,a roll back would solve this,,,,they did it after maintenance,,it would not be a huge rollback,,,,hopefully pwi does something and dont do there usual ,,not do anything

Keep dreaming girl, they won't rollback and punish the smart people for the stupid people that believe everything they see.

A thing I do on the forum it's I never log out, so every time I open the forum I'm already sign in without need to enter my info.

People should do that, that way if they go on the wrong site and get ask to log that should ring a bell and say that you are not on the good one.

I never have been on a fake site of PWI, but even if the fakes looks like the real, there must be some differences that can say it's a fake.

Is there forums on the fake? Can you access your account and info on the fake? (doubt so)
    So before to ''log in'' in a site, go check around if you are not sure or if you are not a person use with that kind of stuff. Ask in your guild chat.

Or put the real on in your favorites or something like that. If someone (anyone) pm you about any gifts/offers/w/e come on the official directly don't use any link give to you and then ask on the forum or check, if there's a giveaway there's usually a sticky post by the GM like we did got from the +10 orbs for the roll back.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options

I was scammed (coin) and it took me really long time to get it back
    Not sure if giving account info is the same (because its against the rules) u might not get anything back, but if you might...it will take a while

Since its not PWI fault it happened to you and other people, there will be no roll back f:defeat
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Tricky situation, I mean if you paid 300m for a 300m item from a catshop and found out it was a scammed item and the person that got scammed doesn't have 300m for it what do you do?.

Probably the person who got scam/**** wouldn't like to pay for his item at all.

But if he would find out that i bought his item from hacker catshop...i wouldn't give it back , no matter how bad i would feel..in my case i cant afford to donate items with such a value .f:sweat

I would just hope, that the person actually gets the item again from GM

Would you give it back?
  • Ocelote - Lost City
    Ocelote - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

no naming or shaming
    you need to send a ticket not post it on forums
    if you didnt gave your personal info then it is a hacking problem or phishing if you used the same id and pass for another site, you still need to use the ticket system
    and last in before is closed XD
  • Ocelote - Lost City
    Ocelote - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

if you want something to be done use the ticket system post it on forums doesnt really help, i hope you have the ScreenShots to support you, and i hope you get a solution fast
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited February 2014
    Options
    We're aware and checking things out. In the meantime, let your fellow players know to not go to any site offering free items.

We'll keep you posted as we get further updates.
  • barb4uu
    barb4uu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    A rollback? Why, because of some people's greed to get free items on this game LOL This isn't the first time a hacker came and used the friend list to spam people about items.

Quit logging into sites thinking you are getting free stuff.

LOL Greed!
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    We're aware and checking things out. In the meantime, let your fellow players know to not go to any site offering free items.

We'll keep you posted as we get further updates.

would be lovely a nice system msg which remind about safety of account and stuff D:

last time there were hacker in west (all servers) and pwi had such a system msg to warn ppl and remind to be careful
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    To add onto Sparkie's words, never give out your account credentials to anyone. Doing so puts you at a big risk to lose your items and account since they would most likely be compromised. The best option is to screen-cap the rule-breaker, and send in a ticket with that attached to alert the authorities. Remember to change your password often (it's a tip that pops up every time you log in) if you're insecure about someone having the chance of taking over your account.

If you did visit any phishing website in the time being, be sure to run scans to your computer and use methods to find out if you got a keylogger, as those are typically associated with "hacking," as most players put it!

So be careful and safe everyone! And happy gaming.
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I've created a system message to remind people to be suspicious of anyone asking for your account info or to visit any site other than our official ones.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I've created a system message to remind people to be suspicious of anyone asking for your account info or to visit any site other than our official ones.

nice ;D
    good job f:victory

hope ppl will be more careful
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    NICE!

Glad the Suggestion Box is doing its job!