Some info about elimination

Cinderball - Raging Tide
Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Assassin
When I first got the skill, I noticed that the damage varied wildly on each hit. I assumed that each hit did a roughly equal share of the damage. I thought the variation was due to crits and zerks at first but the differences seemed too great to be due to that. So I ran a little experiment here: http://i39.tinypic.com/r9ha3a.png

Using the lowest level npc daggers, my damage with each hit unsparked on the damage test mob was:

3778, 2529, 2523, 3782, 7517 for a total of 20129.

While sage sparking, my damage was (first hit was divided by 2.2 to account for the crit):

8072, 5383, 5391, 8020, 16191 for a total of 43057

Since the total damage is 3.2x the base physical damage, we can draw the following conclusions:

*The 1st and 4th hits do 60% base damage each *The 2nd and 3rd hits do 40% base damage each *The 5th hit does 120% base damage *Sparks and other phys attack buffs are fully included in the calculation *As a side note, testing it on the phys immune mobs in sot, magic attack buffs like condensed thorn have the full damage apply to each hit. I didn't test apoth or have a wizzy frostblade me but they are likely the same. Also, apparently the elemental damage gets the skill buff from primal world applied to it and the elemental damage can crit which I was unaware of. If the comparison holds, using elemental apoth would really amp the base damage because each hit would get the full effect.
RT's Heavy Armor Sin
pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
Post edited by Cinderball - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks a lot for clearing this up. I noticed the last hit did considerably more damage but was unsure of the exact numbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • xxshredderxx
    xxshredderxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks, very useful