Uuuhhhh is it just me or are our skill upgrades possibly OP as hell?

Options

Comments

• Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Take a look at this.

Thx for proving my point. You just showed how FO deals constant (faster then time you need to cast other skill) 3-4 k damage on 105 lvl mobs, compared to one 7k hit with Sandburst on 95 lvl mobs.

If you think that your silly insults have any impact on me sorry I'm to old for that ****, also 5 pages of text doesn't prove you smart or that your ideas are brilliant.

From the beginning of this completely unnecessary debate with you, I stated that your point of view on should we get skills or no, or should we play demon or siege, or any other stuff you stated, is not something that people should take for "low for psys". Your points are not objective. I m not cheering for people to get skill. I was just explaining whats are pros and cons and let people decide for them selves, while you keep screaming that you are only and absolute right here... lol w/e.

I think you use on bullie people, insult, keep posting 5 pages of "talks a lot but not saying much" text so we all will be like wow he is so smart and knows it all.

Well enough for me I sad already everything I had about that skill but you knock yourself out.

PS nomadmercher - just reed it again maybe you will get it this time
  • CoinFarmer - Lost City
    CoinFarmer - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thx for proving my point. You just showed how FO deals constant (faster then time you need to cast other skill) 3-4 k damage on 105 lvl mobs, compared to one 7k hit with Sandburst on 95 lvl mobs.

If you think that your silly insults have any impact on me sorry I'm to old for that ****, also 5 pages of text doesn't prove you smart or that your ideas are brilliant.

From the beginning of this completely unnecessary debate with you, I stated that your point of view on should we get skills or no, or should we play demon or siege, or any other stuff you stated, is not something that people should take for "low for psys". Your points are not objective. I m not cheering for people to get skill. I was just explaining whats are pros and cons and let people decide for them selves, while you keep screaming that you are only and absolute right here... lol w/e.

I think you use on bullie people, insult, keep posting 5 pages of "talks a lot but not saying much" text so we all will be like wow he is so smart and knows it all.

Well enough for me I sad already everything I had about that skill but you knock yourself out.

PS nomadmercher - just reed it again maybe you will get it this time

(as DemansPsy) Plz call me Demans, How does that prove your point? Accoridng to http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop there is a .8 multiplier to damage for a 10 level difference so sandburst would hit 56k on a 105 mob which is still 60% higher than the average damage of FO. I reread your pose and still don't see your point, you mention that it is "faster and gives better crowd control" but the dps is worse than spamming your other AoEs = slower and FO can only hit close ranged targets = worse crowd control compared to using Aqua cannon for same radius but higher damage, sandburst for ranged AoE and bigger radius and damage, or glacial for ranged AoE and paralyzed for 6 seconds (8 if upgraded). Your argument seems to be that it's easier to just use FO, which is true, but its also weaker and lazier which you wouldn't want in a squad.
    Call me Demans
    DemansPsy:2009-2013 Dec. 24th, may you rest in peace...er well as much as you can in the equivalent of pwi hell anyway.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

Are you BLIND?

He deals 39k on the 100 mobs, 32k on the 105 mobs, then 75k on the 95 mobs. He is NOT hitting 75-freaking-k because those mobs are 95, he's hitting 75-freaking-k because he used Sandburst and Glacial instead of Furious Ocean. The implication would be Furious Ocean would hit ~46k on those. 46k would be 3 ticks AKA 6 seconds; Sandburst and Glacial would be two shots (ONEshot on crit, a speed increase and comfortable incoming damage decrease that Furious is incapable of)....AKA 6 seconds. See how it accomplishes nothing?
    Likewise, total it up. In that 6 seconds, Sandburst + Glacial accomplished 150k while Furious Ocean accomplished 138k (which as we can see, doesn't matter in THIS particular video). Yes, EVENTUALLY Furious Ocean would gain ground on the random AOE spam....KINDA. :U Why kinda? Because crits with the random AOE spam are more valuable because there's more damage to double. More importantly, you will struggle to name an instance where you'd have Furious Ocean up long enough for it's superior attack rate to overtake the DPS of the random AOE spam. Take a look at 10 seconds: Random AOE spam accomplishes about 262.5k, Furious accomplishes 230k. You legit need an AOE instance where the AOE duration exceeds like 30 seconds, and even THEN, crits work in favor of the random AOE spam and can counter-act Furious Ocean's gain. And he's using the non-upgraded Glacial, not to mention Aqua Cannon hits harder than Sandburst; he could be hitting harder.

Please name an instance where AOEs exceed 30 seconds in length and your squad wouldn't SPECIFICALLY ask you NOT to zhen because they need you to cover some ranged mobs that the seeker or wizzie zhen can't quite reach. Good luck with this. Psychic's job has basically always been to handle such AOE groups because Psys have ALWAYS had superior control over their AOEs hands down. Psys are #1 in this category. The Psy zhen though? It's likely #4; this won't out-DD Vortex, won't out-DD BoA and might not even out-DD Dragon's Breath. And even if it did? No squad is going to prefer you Furious Ocean while a poor Wizzie tries to kill with Hailstorm, Pitfall and one singular BIDS or BT when he could be using DB and you'd have a MUCH easier time getting the ranged mobs with all your AOEs you have.

This skill is literally worthless on us. It's akin to if they had given BMs a zero-channeling skill that costs a spark. It has no reasonable use on them; COULD have use on another class, but does nothing to suit the needs of a BM. That's EXACTLY what zhen is for a Psy: a cleric would love this. A sin would love this. A veno would love this. A Psy? We can only look at it awkwardly and wonder why the hell PWI thought we'd want this, much like the -Channeling they constantly put on our weaponry and armor.

Sorry to rain on your parade with FACTS, but that's the thing about facts that's such a b****: they're kinda unavoidable.
    I wonder if this is true. If it goes through the damage reduction buffs, then I'll take a closer look and consider getting it. Not sure if I would get it though, even if it is true. No more torrent would be a big loss...

The big issue with this being that you offer yourself up as the sacrificial lamb to be shot at and focus-fired. Perhaps in combination with white voodoo it could STILL produce superior damage to DoT stacking, but I'm sure as hell not gonna get the skill to test.
    I know a Psy or two that got this skill, I'll find a barb and a Psy and test it myself to find out if it's a rumor or if it's true. Considering the video shows damage in the damage log, I doubt it. (Edged Blur and Blade Tornado both bypass turtle, and neither appears in damage log, no?)
    I <3 AGOREY
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The big issue with this being that you offer yourself up as the sacrificial lamb to be shot at and focus-fired. Perhaps in combination with white voodoo it could produce superior damage to DoT stacking, but I'm sure as hell not gonna get the skill to test.

I don't really agree on the "sacrificial lamb" part. Different server, different faction, different gear. For me an aoe that goes through bless buff would be worth it if the damage is significant enough compared to the torrent ticks/normal skills.

For now, I don't have the feeling it actually does. The skills that go through are normally shown as buffs (edged blur) or status/debuff (dot), and don't show as damage in log.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    Options
    trands wrote: »
    I don't really agree on the "sacrificial lamb" part. Different server, different faction, different gear. For me an aoe that goes through bless buff would be worth it if the damage is significant enough compared to the torrent ticks/normal skills.

For now, I don't have the feeling it actually does. The skills that go through are normally shown as buffs (edged blur) or status/debuff (dot), and don't show as damage in log.

???

Different server, different faction, different gear doesn't change the fact that the cata support would all tab target to you and be able to safely focus-fire you while not being in range of any other DDs, and Psys aren't exactly meant to tank focus fire. Some less-intelligent wizzies already attempt this and often die for those very same reasons, accomplishing very little. Range is an advantage and a defense, zhenning is surrendering it.

But yeah, I'll test this to see if it bypasses or not, though I doubt it too.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    ???

Different server, different faction, different gear doesn't change the fact that the cata support would all tab target to you and be able to safely focus-fire you while not being in range of any other DDs, and Psys aren't exactly meant to tank focus fire. Some less-intelligent wizzies already attempt this and often die for those very same reasons, accomplishing very little. Range is an advantage and a defense, zhenning is surrendering it.

Well, you'll probably take it as an offense and start an endless rant as usual, but you are wrong. On a server with 40~50% of the really strong players being archers, and in a faction where you are 1 of the strongest magic DDs, you won't be able to play archer style behind the lines like you do. In the discussed case, I will be focused like mad anyway. Psychics can tank focus fire fairly well with a half-decent cleric/mystic in their squad (and no, this doesn't mean white voodoo abuse). I'm not a psychic who's always behind the lines. Range is an advantage and a defense because the damage goes to others. This is not a good thing by default as you make it sound.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well, you'll probably take it as an offense and start an endless rant as usual, but you are wrong. On a server with 40~50% of the really strong players being archers, and in a faction where you are 1 of the strongest magic DDs, you won't be able to play archer style behind the lines like you do. In the discussed case, I will be focused like mad anyway. Psychics can tank focus fire fairly well with a half-decent cleric/mystic in their squad (and no, this doesn't mean white voodoo abuse). I'm not a psychic who's always behind the lines. Range is an advantage and a defense because the damage goes to others. This is not a good thing by default as you make it sound.

I'm not quite understanding if we're talking about the same scenario here.

Picture two guilds, both know what they're doing, and you, as a Psy, set up Furious Ocean on the barbs as they're on your tower. Presumably this would imply a GOOD offensive push is on par with the barbs, thus tab targeting redirects to you (at least to a decent degree), not to mention the OBVIOUS desire to kill you if you're bypassing turtle and you're such an easy, highly visible and vulnerable target that provides no risk to their DDs whatsoever and can be shot at by even the most cowardly DDs way in the back without any risk to them neccesary.

Likewise, if 40-50% of the really strong opponents are archers, then you'd damned well better believe your fear of focus fire has more to do with the inevitable purge rather than how well you tank the damage with heal spam, cause you WON'T be tanking after a purge (unless you resist of course).

Not saying it can't work cause wtf TW can be chaotic and all sorts of bad and good moves occur, but are you just ASKING to be shot in the mouth if you do that, assuming the opponent performs ideally? Damn straight you are, and those are odds I don't like betting on or relying on. Though then again, turtle duration is about IG duration.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Just a minor update, the new Aqua Impact's increase damage is basically not noticeable in PVP and it doesn't make you do a crotch thrust. It's more of a PvE only skill.

***TOTALLY RANDOM IMPROVEMENT***

It also decreases the cast time of Aqua Impact by .3 seconds and the cooldown drops from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Lolwhy

*****OKAY IT GETS WEIRDER****

The 15% additional crit? It's not just for you, it's for your squad. Aqua Impact automatically makes everyone attacking a mob crit 15% more often.

I wanna know how that meeting went down.

"Kk so how can we balance Psychic?"
    "So here's what I'm thinking. A PvE crit buff for the squad, and you know what else?"
    "What?"
    "Psychics have been underpowered for too long, it's atrotious that they have to put up with 2 second cast and 3 second cooldowns. I say it's time we give them 1.7 second casts and 2 second cooldowns."
    "You, my good man, have just earned yourself a raise."

I feel like archers always react with "QQ WTF ARCHER SO UNDERPOWERED PWI HATE US," and sin is like "Yesssss we're more broken now." Psy? We're like "let's try and figure out what drugs they were on this time when they tweaked our stuff. Oh ok, Wrrrryyy and crotch thrust animations and a speed boost. **** if I know...."
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Wow... so are any of the new skills actually worth getting?
    Just a minor update, the new Aqua Impact's increase damage is basically not noticeable in PVP and it doesn't make you do a crotch thrust. It's more of a PvE only skill.

***TOTALLY RANDOM IMPROVEMENT***

It also decreases the cast time of Aqua Impact by .3 seconds and the cooldown drops from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. Lolwhy

*****OKAY IT GETS WEIRDER****

The 15% additional crit? It's not just for you, it's for your squad. Aqua Impact automatically makes everyone attacking a mob crit 15% more often.

I wanna know how that meeting went down.

"Kk so how can we balance Psychic?"
    "So here's what I'm thinking. A PvE crit buff for the squad, and you know what else?"
    "What?"
    "Psychics have been underpowered for too long, it's atrotious that they have to put up with 2 second cast and 3 second cooldowns. I say it's time we give them 1.7 second casts and 2 second cooldowns."
    "You, my good man, have just earned yourself a raise."

I feel like archers always react with "QQ WTF ARCHER SO UNDERPOWERED PWI HATE US," and sin is like "Yesssss we're more broken now." Psy? We're like "let's try and figure out what drugs they were on this time when they tweaked our stuff. Oh ok, Wrrrryyy and crotch thrust animations and a speed boost. **** if I know...."
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I would suggest getting passives skills for a psychic first.

On a side note does anyone know if you change cultivations (Sage to Demon) will you lose the the furious ocean and possibly be able to get aqua cannon and torrent back?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I would suggest getting passives skills for a psychic first.

On a side note does anyone know if you change cultivations (Sage to Demon) will you lose the the furious ocean and possibly be able to get aqua cannon and torrent back?

From what I've heard, changing cultis drops the skill back to level 10.

However, I can't confirm it as I haven't tried it myself and I don't think that many people have.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Wow... so are any of the new skills actually worth getting?

These upgrades ARE worth it, the merges aren't.

It goes like this:

Priority, bother getting before learning all passives:

Glacial Shards

Possibly save until after getting the passives to learn:

Aqua Impact
    Spirit Blast

Think LONG and hard before actually merging, definitely highly consider not merging at all:

Dat Sand Trap + Telekinesis merge (For those curious, this skill halves their cast time but doubles the cooldown for Sand Trap and makes you incapable of casting Sand Trap's effects only without consuming chi; could be good but personally unless it has a "wow" factor the description leaves out, I prefer the flexibility of two seperate skills)

Do not touch unless you want to regret it and be called a fail Psy:

Furious Ocean

The Spirit Blast and Aqua Impact upgrades ARE worth it because for as dumb as it sounds, these make you attack 6 times in 10 seconds instead of 5, not to mention you're not locked into the cast motion as long. You're probably thinking "lol that sounds pathetic), but the thing to remember is that:

1) This increases your highest potential DPS; if there's a specific cata barb you want dead, this will help.

2) Casting faster means building chi faster

3) Alongside the new crit passive, casting faster means more opportunities to crit

I consider the Psychic upgrades to be deceiving boosts in strength. Whereas other classes get flashy new skills with new animations and run around screaming "YEAH SUCK MY ****" and making their new skills known, the Psychic upgrades are ones people honestly might not notice at first glance, but would definitely add up. Glacial Shards is now a great charm bypass skill, and spirit and aqua together saw a good boost in DPS that could be effective on tanky BMs or barbs. Ever had an opponent to a sliver of health and they just BARELY get a charm tick before you cast Impact or Spirit Blast? The new ones remedy that. Where you used to spend 4 seconds casting both back to back, you now spend 3.4 seconds or so. That may not sound like much, but that totally adds up. I think any good Psy has probably had a clutch moment where a short cast on Psy will or SoR meant the difference between life and death, and that's what those afford, except offensively when trying to kill people before a charm tick; it's another full hit (alongside our new increased base crit) before the charm tick.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • johnnypyro1
    johnnypyro1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I keep seeing all of you making fun of Furious Ocean but I just don't see your point... I use this skill all the time and it's Awesome!. Psy will+Furious Ocean = all the mobs in the group you just pulled DEAD! You hit 3-4 times before psy will wears off and you even start to take damage. i use it on primal dailies.. I use it in FC.. and to best part.... it works so well that people have even said in chat.."who needs a seeker when you have a super psy that can solo mobs in FC"?

So I ask... Why do you all seem to have something against this skill? Is it simply the fact that you don't understand how to use it? Hell, I even used it in Delta on mobs like a seeker would have.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I keep seeing all of you making fun of Furious Ocean but I just don't see your point... I use this skill all the time and it's Awesome!. Psy will+Furious Ocean = all the mobs in the group you just pulled DEAD! You hit 3-4 times before psy will wears off and you even start to take damage. i use it on primal dailies.. I use it in FC.. and to best part.... it works so well that people have even said in chat.."who needs a seeker when you have a super psy that can solo mobs in FC"?

So I ask... Why do you all seem to have something against this skill? Is it simply the fact that you don't understand how to use it? Hell, I even used it in Delta on mobs like a seeker would have.

You answered your own question, the answer being highlighted in red.

The problem is three-fold, from smallest to biggest:

1) A zhen is a pure PvE skill. There's only one zhen that's useful in PvP, and that's Barrage of Arrows, and that's BECAUSE it puts actual distance between the zhenner and the target rather than putting the zhenner himself at risk.

2) Psys already have enough AOEs to compete with zhen on their own. Every instance you named, I can do with my normal AOEs. There is absolutely no requirement for this skill, and hell, the normal AOEs afford you more individual control over what you're doing. Prime example: who usually gets the ranged mobs in a full GV? The Psy, you know why? Cause everyone else is stuck in their stupid little zhen that doesn't REACH the ranged mobs and if they drop it, they're no longer AOEing. But a Psy can AOE the ranged ones and then help with the non-ranged ones. A Psy is AOE king, so much so that zhen for us is obsolete.

3) You lose two more flexible skills to gain this one. Aqua Cannon is another hard-hitting AOE in your arsenal you spam and Torrent has uses that simply cannot be replaced. Without Aqua Cannon, doing constant AOE spam becomes more difficult, so again you're kind of encouraged to use Furious Ocean, which means you're NOT cashing out on the effects of Glacial or Earth Vector, nor are you cashing out on their superior DPH and range. Torrent bypasses things like Blade Tornado and barb turtle, so torrent becomes a useful way to set up a player that's -currently- impossible to kill for what's effectively a free charm tick setup for when that effect is off. You will use Torrent practically in every decent-sized TW, you will not touch Furious Ocean in PvP. Ever. If you do, it means you suck at PVP and don't know what you're doing.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • trands
    edited February 2014
    Options

It depends where priorities are for the player. The advantages I see in furious ocean :
    1) It's easier because you won't have the issue of different radius aoe skills.
    2) You can afk things, dual and look away more easily. Especially with auto-recovery orb.
    3) Easier to find delta/fc squads I suppose. Continuous aoe = best aoe damage for many players.

The reasons furious ocean is not worth getting :
    1) I'm not sure how the damage is compared to vortex or dragon's breath, but the radius is smaller. On top of that, psychics have the lowest defense and no bp heals.
    2) The class has a number of control and support skills, that you won't be able to use fast when needed. A psychic will be able to tank earlier without furious ocean (chaining psy will, stun, bubble, ...) then with.
    3) If it were an upgrade of aqua cannon, I would have gotten it. Aqua cannon is a good skill but I don't use it all that much. Mainly in pve, where furious ocean would replace it pretty well. However torrent, hell no. I won't loose it for a continous aoe. It's very important in pvp to stack dot damage on a target with bless buff, then you can take it down fast as soon as the bless runs out. On tanky targets, you will need dot + hits to run through their hp. In pve, torrent is nice to not get aggro.

That's why several say that psychics will regret it. Most players will get more interested and serious in pvp, whether it's pk or just events like NW. Then they will start to really regret not having 1 of the strongest dot in game. Many psychics just don't notice that the non-factor skill from lvl1 till 100 becomes almost a key skill in "end game".
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It depends where priorities are for the player. The advantages I see in furious ocean :
    2) You can afk things, dual and look away more easily. Especially with auto-recovery orb.
    3) Easier to find delta/fc squads I suppose. Continuous aoe = best aoe damage for many players.

And this sums it up. What word appears more than any other in that? "Easier." It's for lazy players that don't care about having their maximum potential.

Yeah, and PVPing with a macro is easier too cause you only gotta press one button, but are you gonna be successful using the easier macro? Hell no.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Zymari - Archosaur
    Zymari - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Your pvp reason makes sense for the dot but not really for cannon. cannon is an aoe with limited use and range as well. as for stopping you from using self buffs and other skills you listed, the esc button is really easy to hit and instantaneous after which you can start channeling.

Also, it is clear from your play style that you are rrr9. you are used to not getting one-shot in TW by anything OP. I might get off a dot and an aoe before i get sacked in my g16 so missing 1 dot isn't gonna kill me. not really worried. and sometimes... lazy is nice.
  • trands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Your pvp reason makes sense for the dot but not really for cannon. cannon is an aoe with limited use and range as well. as for stopping you from using self buffs and other skills you listed, the esc button is really easy to hit and instantaneous after which you can start channeling.

Also, it is clear from your play style that you are rrr9. you are used to not getting one-shot in TW by anything OP. I might get off a dot and an aoe before i get sacked in my g16 so missing 1 dot isn't gonna kill me. not really worried. and sometimes... lazy is nice.

I don't think anyone really made that point about aqua cannon. But still, zhen skills are not really usefull pvp-wise for a class that has ranged aoe ability like a psychic. No matter how you put it, aqua cannon is more usefull pvp-wise then furious ocean. The debate pve-wise between a hard hitting aoe with short cd and no chi cost vs a zhen of same radius still stands. I see both opinions there as valid, if it were just on aqua cannon. However, it's not just about aqua cannon.

If furious ocean were just an upgrade of aqua cannon, many would get it. Loosing only aqua cannon wouldn't be a big loss pve or pvp considering you get a zhen in the place of it. Aqua cannon is nice in pvp because it hits pretty hard, but you only use it when immobilized or something. There would still be arguments for not getting it, but it would be way closer in terms of arguments. For me, the skill should have been an upgrade from aqua cannon rather then a merge including torrent. Just like the sand dot should be a cd of like 20 sec.

The "I'm not r9 last reacast 40k+ sf OP psy so I can get it without worries" - argument is more an emo-attitude by lack of assuming your choice then anything else. G16 is more then sufficient to be usefull in a group in TW/NW. You will get some decent shards/refines on it with time, you can get free defense charms from shroud, you have acces to cheap immunity pots in base. I TW/NW with ppl that are most probably squishier then you are, and they keep in mind pvp aspects. If you're happy with your choice of getting furious ocean, sure. But ppl that want to decide and therefore read this thread, they should be aware of the big loss that comes with getting that skill.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Also, it is clear from your play style that youre rrr9. you are used to not getting one-shot in TW by anything OP. I might get off a dot and an aoe before i get sacked in my g16 so missing 1 dot isn't gonna kill me. not really worried. and sometimes... lazy is nice.

I have 5k pdef. :U

And you can see how squishy I am in any of my TW videos. You're a Psy. If you haven't figured out Psy is "don't take damage at all or you're dead," then Iunno what to tell you.

And just to stress how OP Psychic DoTs are: This. (<
    that's a link, new forum doesn't give a new color to links wtf)

My partner-in-crime makya didn't have Telekinesis at the time. Had he had it, that barb would've died through turtle and through IG to DoT spells alone. You're surrendering 1/3rd of this combo for the sake of a skill that has no use whatsoever in anything PVP.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I gotta say I'm glad that I poked this thread to read up on opinions before rebirthing my psy and getting all the skills. When they first came out I read the merge skill descriptions and their skill requirements and what I would lose and was like...What?....Ew...No...

Relieved to see that I'm not the only one who thinks so and didn't want to be the only psy with the mentality that the merge skills didn't look so great (at least for my own play style and what I want with my psy). Definitely looking forward to the single skill upgrades and passives though f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I tested the new glacial shards and saw a 7-8% increase in damage output averaged over 20 hits.
  • evolution1234
    evolution1234 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The primal version add 4-5k magic attack to base spell. The actual damage percent is dependent on what your base is. For me the damage is about 10 percent.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The 8% boost is with a mattk of ~50k
    edited February 2014
    Options
    3) Easier to find delta/fc squads I suppose. Continuous aoe = best aoe damage for many players

I would like to emphasize 1 more good thing about FO and that is immobilization (which i see everyone forgetting about). FO is actually good pvp skill if you know how and when to use it.
    While only thing that Aqua cannon was doing was boom! (which most of the time didn't even happened since when you starting to casting it sins stealth, bms, barbs and stuff already run way). FO now allows you to immobilize those targets and kill them very efficiently. I killed with it barbs, sins, bms, seekers... sometimes works awesome sometimes you fail - just like with using dots (which can be purify btw).

Main thing is to know who you up against and right time to use it.
    If you haven't figured out Psy is "don't take damage at all or you're dead," then Iunno what to tell you.

I completely disagree with this statement. We are actually really tanky class who can take nice portion on damage because of white/black voodoo switch and not to mention other reflect damage skills.

Playing style is also big part of skills you us. Are you "runner" (people call it kite but i prefer run:) or more like "stand up and fight like a men" person.

And I agree that loosing torrent is bummer but I would never agree to this :
    3) you will not touch Furious Ocean in PvP. Ever. If you do, it means you suck at PVP and don't know what you're doing.

No, it just means you dunno how and when to use it.
  • trands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I would like to emphasize 1 more good thing about FO and that is immobilization (which i see everyone forgetting about). FO is actually good pvp skill if you know how and when to use it.
    While only thing that Aqua cannon was doing was boom! (which most of the time didn't even happened since when you starting to casting it sins stealth, bms, barbs and stuff already run way). FO now allows you to immobilize those targets and kill them very efficiently. I killed with it barbs, sins, bms, seekers... sometimes works awesome sometimes you fail - just like with using dots (which can be purify btw).

Since you have the skill, could you give the real description?

Aqua cannon has a 90%+ chance to slow for 80% (or something like that), to which sage adds a possible immobilize and demon possible extra damage. On top of that, it does a pretty decent boom even if it's at impractical range. In pvp, I only really use it when a target is forced close because I'm immobilized or something.

I won't recognise a zhen as an important or usefull skill in pvp though. There are sometimes small uses for zhen in TW, I'm not narrowminded and I don't consider psychics as the squishy sniper like most do. But still, the time to run in + spark cost ... I can't think of any case where that time + spark wouldn't be better used on sandburst blast/glacial shards + earth vector.

Still, loosing aqua cannon over pve confort could be worth it. I could totally understand that. The risk of regretting mainly lies in torrent.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Since you have the skill, could you give the real description?

Aqua cannon has a 90%+ chance to slow for 80% (or something like that), to which sage adds a possible immobilize and demon possible extra damage. On top of that, it does a pretty decent boom even if it's at impractical range. In pvp, I only really use it when a target is forced close because I'm immobilized or something.

I won't recognize a zhen as an important or usefull skill in pvp though. There are sometimes small uses for zhen in TW, I'm not narrowminded and I don't consider psychics as the squishy sniper like most do. But still, the time to run in + spark cost ... I can't think of any case where that time + spark wouldn't be better used on sandburst blast/glacial shards + earth vector.

Still, loosing aqua cannon over pve confort could be worth it. I could totally understand that. The risk of regretting mainly lies in torrent.

ΦFurious Ocean

Range 6 Meters
    Mana 300
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Weapon Soulsphere

Required Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
    Open a psychic portal to the deep ocean, gushing water
    every 2 seconds to flood all enemies within 8 Meters.
    Deals 60% of base magic damage plus 6176 as Water
    damage and slows targets by 80%. Lasts 5 seconds.

Costs 1 Spark.

Sage version increases damage by 800.

I never use FO in tw and reason behind it that I do tw with 3-4 FPS which dosnt give me enough control over when to use zen efficiently. I use it in nw in same amount I used Aqua canon which means to finish close targets (FINISH, not like Longknife thinks to run into people and zen. In those situation spark doesn't matter much) . Like I sad i killed barbs, sins, bms and seekers with it. I don't use it in 1v1 for obvious reasons lol, and I have to say that I had some pretty funny situations watching peoples attempt to get away from it.

DOTs are awesome stuff but they can be purify. So yes you can live without it just like you can live without FO. At the end its just about peoples preference, style etc.
  • trands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ΦFurious Ocean

Range 6 Meters
    Mana 300
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Weapon Soulsphere

Required Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
    Open a psychic portal to the deep ocean, gushing water
    every 2 seconds to flood all enemies within 8 Meters.
    Deals 60% of base magic damage plus 6176 as Water
    damage and slows targets by 80%. Lasts 5 seconds.

Costs 1 Spark.

Sage version increases damage by 800.

TY, so it is exactly as the translated posted description. The slow is guaranteed instead of 90% chance (or something close to that).
    [...]I I had some pretty funny situations watching peoples attempt to get away from it.

That is the use of a zhen in TW (or NW, but much more rare) : having ppl move and possibly scatter with their support to far of a part of their DD. It gives a lot of time to have the enemy run.
    DOTs are awesome stuff but they can be purify. So yes you can live without it just like you can live without FO.

You can't put it on the same lvl. A psychics dph potential is far from a wizard. We have to dps through a charm. DoT are an important part of that. Ofc, on weaker geared or the usual "+12 weapon, rest +7" it's not that necessary. The difference is, when you do use it there is no other option. There are players you just can't kill without them.

About the purify :
    - it can be purified, but how many classes have a frequent purify?
    - on catas, killing them through invoke is of capital importance. If they have support purifying them at the same time, your faction has some strange priorities or is used to dealing with weak barbs.
    At the end its just about peoples preference, style etc.

Yeah, ofc it depends on ppl. The preference part for me is mainly the importance the player attaches to pvp, but also how ppl are geared on your server. The big danger is, with evolution of things, the psychic who got FO will end up thinking "I just can't kill this target, psychic is so weak. How am I supposed to deal with this?!".
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You can't put it on the same lvl. A psychics dph potential is far from a wizard. We have to dps through a charm. DoT are an important part of that. Ofc, on weaker geared or the usual "+12 weapon, rest +7" it's not that necessary. The difference is, when you do use it there is no other option. There are players you just can't kill without them.

Agree, thats why loosing torrent sux. Dont get me wrong I'm not cheering for FO, just wanna say that things are not black and white. Like one skill is completely useless and other is so awesome. Everything has prose and cons, you just have to make best of it.
    - on catas, killing them through invoke is of capital importance. If they have support purifying them at the same time, your faction has some strange priorities or is used to dealing with weak barbs.

Duno. I know that now every cata squad has psy in it because of buffs (serious tw factions). If they don't have one they are silly:)
    Yeah, ofc it depends on ppl. The preference part for me is mainly the importance the player attaches to pvp, but also how ppl are geared on your server. The big danger is, with evolution of things, the psychic who got FO will end up thinking "I just can't kill this target, psychic is so weak. How am I supposed to deal with this?!".

Agree. While I can easily do without dots in tw or nw, for 1v1 they are very important. Thats why some people regret loosing it, while some are very happy with it.
    And for future who knows...what I'm sure of is that will be more changes and upgrades regarding to Primal world stuff.
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yesterday I saw a psychic solo Primal Fear:Vile in lunar...Magicarps are scary now b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yesterday I saw a psychic solo Primal Fear:Vile in lunar...Magicarps are scary now b:shocked

Most ranged classes can kill him and both Genesiac Blink without taking much (or any) damage though....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
This discussion has been closed.