Regarding the Morai rollback

Options
skaitavia
skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Hello PWI citizens,

The following thread serves as a place of answers for Morai players on these forums to find out what happened to cause the rollback.
Hello Morai denizens,

As an update to this situation, we are currently in communication with our development team in china to resolve this issue without any further problems or delays.

We will keep you updated on this issue as soon as a resolution is reached.

This is the administration's response to the unfortunate and unexpected rollback of the Morai server this past maintenance (7 Jan 2014 - 8 Jan 2014):

Regerem wrote:
Hello everyone,

We have now finished our investigation on the current server issue. The error could be traced back to the database. Unfortunately the database was affected in a way which cannot be fixed, as a result the server will stay in his current state.

We do understand the inconvenience and frustration you might now experience and we sincerely apologize for it.

As a compensation for what you may have lost during that time we will extend bonus Experience and drop, as well as a couple of other things:

- 5x XP from the 09/01/14 to the 16/01/14
- 2x XP, Spirit, Drops, coins from the 09/01/14 to the 23/01/14
- Each player that connected from the 05/01 to the 08/01 will receive a special compensation. We will communicate more about this very soon!
- Any missing ZEN transaction made during 05/01 to the 08/01 will be refund.

Thank you again for your support and understanding in this, your reports and comments have been of a great help to mitigate the impact of this issue.

The response was posted on the French forum website, which can be found here, and the German response can be found here.

If there are any questions, or if I am missing something, please feel free to send me, any of the other moderators, or the administrators a message. We will try to answer it to the best of our abilities! Until then, please refrain from creating more Morai rollback threads regarding what this thread's purpose is about.

Thank you for your patience, and happy gaming! b:thanks

-Skai
Post edited by skaitavia on

Comments

• skaitavia
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Update 14 January 2014:
    Regerem wrote:
    Hello everyone,

Indeed some accounts have recently received 10 Gold, but this is not the final compensation. We are still currently discussing the final reward for everyone, but as for now I cannot comment further on the exact nature of it.

We will soon communicate more on that topic, thank you for your patience,

Source of this located here.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Latest update:
    Regerem wrote:
    Hello everyone,

Just a quick update on the compensation topic: management found a potential agreement on the final compensation and we should be allowed to communicate about it soon. Hopefully by tomorrow of Friday if everything goes according to plan.

I know that a lot of you are growing impatient and again I want to thank you for your patience on this matter.
    Source: here
    Regerem wrote:

Everyone will get compensated; once the final decision is taken we will move forward with compensating all the Morai players that meet the criteria mentioned earlier.
    Source here
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • skaitavia
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Update 15 Jan 2014: Communication will be most likely slower now that Regerem has left us. b:sad
    Regerem wrote:
    Vengeance wrote:
    Dear Regerem

We miss you at the morai server to give us further info; before merge was there we were directly informed by you when there was a problem etc. Couldn't you be more active on morai or get us a good gm who looks after us as well?

Greetings

Vengeance
    Well thank you Vengeance, I wish also that I had more time to be online in PWI, but unfortunately I'm currently the only FR CM for the EU games, so you can imagine that things are pretty busy at the moment.

Additionally my days in PWE are almost over, since this Friday will be my last day in the company. A new CM team will soon take over though. I've pushed again for a higher priority on the EU forums but this is a really time consuming job on the IT side. I nevertheless stressed the urgency to get it done.
  • skaitavia
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Update 23 January 2014
    Fero wrote:
    BoomBastic wrote:
    Hello German part of the EU server (hehe, so wierd we have 2 forums for 1 server ijs).

Im looking for some information from a GM!!!

Regerem has left the french side since last friday, all we got was:
    "Additionally my days in PWE are almost over, since this Friday will be my last day in the company. A new CM team will soon take over though. I've pushed again for a higher priority on the EU forums but this is a really time consuming job on the IT side. I nevertheless stressed the urgency to get it done."

Then, he left his job that friday, and we have NO word from any new GM! so we are left in the dark on the french part of the EU forums (still so wierd with 2 forums for 1 server)

Can a german GM pls inform us whats happening? whats the status of the compensation???
    And do you have any info when we will get a new French GM?

Also, PLEASE can the GM who post any updated info regarding the rollback, make sure he goes to the international forums on this thread:
    Regarding the Morai rollback - Perfect World International Forum
    And send Skaitavia a PM (a forum MOD there) so Skaitavia can update that post, since i think most ppl are watching that thread these days..

Ty..
    Hello BoomBastic,

Regarding the compensation: We will probably send out our final compensation tomorrow in an email to all users affected in the above mentioned timeframe.

Internally, we have recruited 2 new French Community Managers, one of which has already started but is taking care of other games in our portfolio. The second French CM is likely to start in late February. That person will then also be taking care of PWI. Until then, I will be taking of DE and FR blog posts and messaging, with the of our new colleague.

On that note: There has been progress made in implemeting a new EU forum. I cannot promise an exact date for that, but we might finally have this new EU forum very soon. So, together with the new French CM arriving in February we're looking at a fresh start into the new year for Morai and the EU communities.

Cheers
    Fero
This discussion has been closed.