First sin - Help pls

Options
brett264
brett264 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Assassin
Hello, I just made my first sin earlier and had some questions if someone doesn't mind answering.

1. I know certain skills like passives and other type buffs should be leveled, but is there any point in leveling damage type skills or should I just use normal attacks on mobs/ bosses? Seems like damage skills may be useless once you get 4/5 aps but I am not sure.

2. I have a the level 70 helm "Warsoul of Earth" but it requires 117 str or 114 I do not remember, should I only have 100 str on my sin and the rest dex?

3. I was trying to join the Cube of Fate event but it only says matching and never puts me in a party. Is this event only on certain days or something?

Sorry if this stuff has been answered, I just could not find this information.

Thanks if anyone helps!

Comments

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    brett264 wrote: »
    Hello, I just made my first sin earlier and had some questions if someone doesn't mind answering.

1. I know certain skills like passives and other type buffs should be leveled, but is there any point in leveling damage type skills or should I just use normal attacks on mobs/ bosses? Seems like damage skills may be useless once you get 4/5 aps but I am not sure.

2. I have a the level 70 helm "Warsoul of Earth" but it requires 117 str or 114 I do not remember, should I only have 100 str on my sin and the rest dex?

3. I was trying to join the Cube of Fate event but it only says matching and never puts me in a party. Is this event only on certain days or something?

Thanks if anyone helps!

There are many sin guides on the forum, I suggest reading them and they are very good and in depth. As for cube of fate, you dont normally do it with a squad. There are also guides for that as well. Search function is awesomeb:victory.
  • brett264
    brett264 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    There are many sin guides on the forum, I suggest reading them and they are very good and in depth. As for cube of fate, you dont normally do it with a squad. There are also guides for that as well. Search function is awesomeb:victory.

I seen one guide was done in 2010 lol. About the cube of fate, when you go to the place to check in, the events in there is cube and has a thing to click which says will match you with other so I was not sure about that.

Thanks and I will see if I can find some other guides somewhere.
  • Asurzzo - Lost City
    Asurzzo - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    brett264 wrote: »

Thanks if anyone helps!

There are alot of things that you left out. What are you wanting to be in the end? PvP sin or PvE... I will tell you this if you play a Sin alot of times Yes DPS (aps) is used... However, you will use alot of skills like Ribstrike, puncture wound.. for starters... if you have crowds of mobs stacking on you Your aoe`s are a safe back up (try to spark and then inner harmony or Rising dragon if sage then Rift).. Most sins stat 105ish str. some do less or more for the helm... i went with the Nv3 helm when i hit 102... however before then i was using the HELM OF AQUA VICIOUSNESS its a great helm and is overlooked by many.... cheaper alternative in my opinion...