Most Overrated/Underated genie skill(s)?

Options
Slivaf - Dreamweaver
Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Please note this is ONLY an OPINION. (You are allowed to disagree with me, as matter of fact I know people will disagree with me.) Also know this just because I or someone else says a skill is overrated it does NOT mean the skill is completely useless... though if you think that... then perhaps your overlooking/are forgetting what 'overrated' means.

Also just because I think a skill is underrated it doesn't mean I think everyone should get it, let alone that I think it's the best skill to have on a genie, but still it is a skill that I think is deserving of more praise than it gets. D:

Anyways without further ado...

Most Overrated GENIE skill:

Absolute Domain (It's long cooldown, and highish cost, and doesn't last that long imho <-- all of which leads me to believe it is overrated... though YES it does have it's uses!)

Most Underrated GENIE skill:

Alpha Male (saves squishies, and keeps you from having to stay outside of bb for too long + by pulling in quickly it keeps people from getting impatient and attacking the mobs outside of bb.)

---

What's the most overrated/underrated genie skill that you all can think of...? I am sure there are people who have the exact opposite of my opinion there... and that's fine, not everyone is going to share the same opinion about something be overrated/underrated.
Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
Post edited by Slivaf - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Rofl.

Most overrated i am thinking about holy path. Since it is on virtually every genie and it really is just an addictive luxury skill in most situations rather than allowing you to really improved your performance. Then again cars in our lives are the same thing. (although depending on the quality of public transport in your part of the world) Still im not gonna live without one just like im not gonna live without holy path :D

Under used im gonna say cloud eruption because i still see BMs that cant HF+spark and clerics that are calling for the squad to wait for their chi after they have used BB.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Rofl.

Most overrated i am thinking about holy path. Since it is on virtually every genie and it really is just an addictive luxury skill in most situations rather than allowing you to really improved your performance. Then again cars in our lives are the same thing. (although depending on the quality of public transport in your part of the world) Still im not gonna live without one just like im not gonna live without holy path :D

Under used im gonna say cloud eruption because i still see BMs that cant HF+spark and clerics that are calling for the squad to wait for their chi after they have used BB.

/o\ Agreed on both points. :$ *hides holy path away* MINE! *growls* <-- kidding but yea I dont plan on getting rid of it. xD lol
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Actually agree w/ the current underrated/overrated skills so far.

For underrated I'd have to say the elemental immune skills, my favorite being Heart of Steel, while it's situational for 80 energy (or less) to make you immune from an end game seeker (when they trying to pull off that 1 hit combo) or ep (especially when it's an ep who knows how to metal mage) for 8 seconds is amazing, can't tell you how many times that skill has saved my life.

Not sure to mention as an overrated skill though.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Actually agree w/ the current underrated/overrated skills so far.

For underrated I'd have to say the elemental immune skills, my favorite being Heart of Steel, while it's situational for 80 energy (or less) to make you immune from an end game seeker (when they trying to pull off that 1 hit combo) or ep (especially when it's an ep who knows how to metal mage) for 8 seconds is amazing, can't tell you how many times that skill has saved my life.

Not sure to mention as an overrated skill though.

I love those skills, Heart of Steel and Nullify Poison shut down large amounts of skill sets from Venos, Clerics, Seekers, and Mystics.

Soul of Fire is somewhat ok as well for HA users, against +12 wizards that IG+DB in TW/aoe situations, but situational given that is probably the only time to use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

Soul of Fire is somewhat ok as well for HA users, against +12 wizards that IG+DB in TW/aoe situations, but situational given that is probably the only time to use it.

I find SoF good even on my psy (3r9, all nw upgrade, 25k m def buffed) Vs top geared wizys, not too hard to time it, wiz will always use undine before trying to spark combo (and if they don't undine then their fire skills usually don't hit too hard anyway). Though part of the reason I use it is because I've been hit for 40k w/ a normal fire attack before..

Out of curiosity, which veno skills does nullify poison work against? Just their attack skills or does it protect vs some of their debuffs?
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Out of curiosity, which veno skills does nullify poison work against? Just their attack skills or does it protect vs some of their debuffs?

Just the human form attack skills. Fox form attacks are melee and the debuffs aren't elemental.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Underrated: Stunning Blast. 'Cause archers don't need more CC at all. Stunning blast-->leap-->autoattack-->stunning arrow--->aim low is a terribad combo kk? /sarcasm

And the thing is for the vast majority of us HoS (which is beast), SoF are kind of not needed because....well....what are you using it against? I've never been spark combo'd, period, in NW. Wizards I meet are either elemental -chan orn squishies that get oneshot or r9rr+12 monsters that don't need spark combo to wipe the average player. Seekers in pubbies generally use QPQ like force of will or oneshot things with r9rr weapons, and the only archer I've ran into using ZTP metal combo in NW...was myself...and not even that cuz I ran out of ZTP's (donate please).

So basically they're beast skills that aren't really needed for 90% of us lol.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • DaSquirrel - Sanctuary
    DaSquirrel - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Most underrated, but most of my faction use is "Chi Siphon", instant 2 sparks, very handy on my seeker and cleric but then again instant 2 sparks is pretty useful on any toon b:pleased
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Overrated for me would have to be zeal's initial skill. I'm not saying being able to pull isnt insanely useful in some situations, but people often take pulling to ridiculous extremes. When it would be faster to just grab everything at once and aoe.

Underrated for me would have to be windshield. It's not just good for aps before you get to 5.0. It's damage reduction has saved me plenty of times.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    This is just personal opinion but I actually like weakness.

For aps sins, the 5 seconds of reduced attack speed makes me happy.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I love those skills, Heart of Steel and Nullify Poison shut down large amounts of skill sets from Venos, Clerics, Seekers, and Mystics.

I agree with this 100%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    genie spark combo is reason enough to have SOF
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive