Problems with the bm class. And unbalance between g16/r9rr

2»

Comments

• Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree with the original post. Honestly, the BMs that are R9rr + 10 are only trying to hang onto a dying class. It is no secret that BMs were once OP and that PWI had to divide this powerful class into sub classes such as Seeker and Sin. Instead of nerfing BM, they made the newer classes even more powerful. I think a lot of us refuse to accept that BM sucks and continue to play as if they were so great.

There is a tremendous imbalance in terms of gear and not keeping in mind skills. BMs have to have 2 sets of gear (aps & aoe) to stay competitive in this game. The cost of owning 2 sets of gear is a lot regardless of any grade. Essentially, you paying a lot more for a lot less when compared to other classes.

Also, by not including fist/claw in the r9 is an obvious sign that they want to nerf BM. It doesn't make much sense that they say they want to nerf aps but give Sin r9rr dagger with Gof proc while BMs are stuck with g16 fist/claw. And, you have to keep in mind, that sins have 45% crit rate and bloodpaint they out dd BMs on so many levels.

BMs are now medicore at best and probably one of the worst class to play due to high cost.
    @ the post about how bm's got great new morai updates.

Blade Hurl- Great skill, gives the bm more of the support role than anything still since the damage is low and you de-weapon yourself for 3 seconds as well. So if you 1v1 you de-weapon your opponent then you get 3 seconds where they can run until they have their weapon back unless you stun which depends on whether you have a spark or if you a roar fast enough. ugh.

Reel In- Useful but if you have bad soulforce basically worthless if you are using against a higher gear.

Flame Tsunami- Probably the best skill out of the bunch.

Blade Tornado- My personal fav, however the more casters and others see this skill the more they just use holy path to run away or jump in the air to avoid damage -.-. Very deadly if you can get a stun off or someone is just to stupid to run away lol.

The updates to BMs that would make them one of the good classes again wouldn't really be that hard. Marrows that don't drop one side of your defense would make the bm more well rounded. A magical bell buff would be nice and if the class is really supposed to be a support class it would be nice if they had more than one buff [not counting the 10 second budda guard -.-].

If you look at any class you can find a super OP skill and the bm you really cant find that anymore. HF was once that great of a skill but now with all the procs and purifys and **** you cant even use it on someone without it being purged off. Same with stuns those are almost useless now because of the procs so then the ONLY thing a bm really has going for them is another old unless skill.

Damn, couldn't agree more. And yeah the aps nerf screwed up wayyy more the BMs than sins, r9 daggers with gof (lmao that overkill) but r9 claws didnt even make it as choice for BMs?
    The R9RR from CN has better stats for BM than here, more magic defense and a -int plate. GG PW.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    20 full r9rr bms and do you ever wonder why that number is so low? ^read the post above.

yeah on our server it's like 10 or so full r9t3 bms. it's very low.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Bragepage - Sanctuary
    Bragepage - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yeah on our server it's like 10 or so full r9t3 bms. it's very low.

There's quite a few on sanctuary *wink*
    @Toddloveleah I think u forgot about reckless rush b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tuscket - Raging Tide
    Tuscket - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree with you most pwi players are not rich. I am g16 +7 seeker. This gear was not cheep, I just want to have fun in the game. I am not going to spend thousands of dollars on this game. What if I get bored and quit lots of cash lost. Or pwi shuts the game down? I am in a small tw faction we don't have a chance against r9rr we just fight for 2 hours and still lose. I go through a lest 2 charms in tw, and one in nation wars, I still like playing in nation wars , just going once a week now with charms at 6 gold. Try to have fun y'all
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    RR still isnt that great either. And while when you think about all the new bm skills added it SEEMS cool every single other class out there had skills added as well even if they were already OP classes that didnt need anymore skills lol.

With all the anti-stuns, procs etc the game has another stun is cool and all but any caster/other classes can easily get around it and then beat down on you. And unless you are a endgame bm you wont be able to take it.

End of story.
    edited December 2013
    The reason there are so few r9rr bms is because everyone knows its a underpowered class lol. I don't see many seekers, clerics and other great pvp classes quitting to become a bm but i see the vice versa everyday.

On my server everyone has a bm alt. Focus on the "alt" part meaning they chose another class to have as a main over the bm lol.

The game has pushed bms into only being good for support and nothing else.

And all the bms that put this off as pure QQ idc ill QQ all day until pwi gives us a decent update all you bms that try to front like our class is okay are really working against us.

Being a support class is fine, but even the former support classes being clerics have been given updates to make them a fine pvp class.

It's about time bms got one.
    edited December 2013
    Case in point TheDan one of the strongest bms out there puts this as END GAME stats for a bm.

End Game BM Stats

Player difficulty - ☆☆☆☆☆
    Survivability - ☆☆☆☆
    Damage Output - ☆☆
    Supportive Control Skills - ☆☆☆☆☆
    Overall Mass PvP viability - ☆☆☆
    Overall 1v1 Viability - ☆☆☆☆

For a non-end game bm all those are probably 1 stars i cant deal enough damage to anything short of r9rr casters who for some reason put hp shards in their gear over garnets.

Even for end game bms i wouldnt agree with the pvp stats either if you are truely fighting another class with even end game gears i just NEVER see it i never see a bm take down a end game cleric/archer/etc never never ever seen it. In videos i have but never with my own eyes while on the contrary ive seen end game bms get taken down constantly.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There's quite a few on sanctuary *wink*
    @Toddloveleah I think u forgot about reckless rush b:chuckle

Saku told me like 20. I don't think a few is 20 D:
    And don't wink at me mister, you're getting me all too excited.
    The reason there are so few r9rr bms is because everyone knows its a underpowered class lol.

I definitely agree with you there. But I like being underpowered. You know...
    The game has pushed bms into only being good for support and nothing else.

Then be the BM that pisses everyone off lol. :D
    And all the bms that put this off as pure QQ idc ill QQ all day until pwi gives us a decent update all you bms that try to front like our class is okay are really working against us.

I really just want it to be called not a BM.

Even for end game bms i wouldnt agree with the pvp stats either if you are truely fighting another class with even end game gears i just NEVER see it i never see a bm take down a end game cleric/archer/etc never never ever seen it. In videos i have but never with my own eyes while on the contrary ive seen end game bms get taken down constantly.

I've seen it. Not me, I'm a noob. I got so close killing (in 2 different 1v1s) 2 full JOSD archers +12. Man... that Reckless Rush mistiming lol. I should challenge them again, since now I have +12 axes. At least, I beat my stupid director who was +11 JOSD R9T3 Wizard in a best 2 out of 3. The purify, the 91+ genie. The omg wtf kiting gah make it stop!

Anyway, I see TheDan play against some end game characters - he does pretty well/kills them.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i think this is the main reason u dont see alot of bms. tho i know that other classes will disagree but bms are probably the hardest class to play in pvp.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    @ the post about how bm's got great new morai updates.

Blade Hurl- Great skill, gives the bm more of the support role than anything still since the damage is low and you de-weapon yourself for 3 seconds as well. So if you 1v1 you de-weapon your opponent then you get 3 seconds where they can run until they have their weapon back unless you stun which depends on whether you have a spark or if you a roar fast enough. ugh.

Reel In- Useful but if you have bad soulforce basically worthless if you are using against a higher gear.

Flame Tsunami- Probably the best skill out of the bunch.

Blade Tornado- My personal fav, however the more casters and others see this skill the more they just use holy path to run away or jump in the air to avoid damage -.-. Very deadly if you can get a stun off or someone is just to stupid to run away lol.

gunna make some counterpoints. plz keep in mind im a noob at pvp and this is my wacky way of using the skills
    Blade Hurl- i use it to deweaponize those pesky sins that are on me(most dont know how to stunlock correctly. theyll just stun jump aps and hope to kill u before it wears off) also when a caster or any class for that matter is running around kiting u but not returning dmg thats just charm cd and heal time.
    Reel In- plz take another look at this skill. 40-100% chance. dependant of SF but still. a 40% chance with no gear at all, still alot better then wat u saying. just a side note, i love to **** around with this skill. pull a +12 to me, a lowly g16+3-5 noob bm. sometimes it doesnt work. usually does tho and they seem to enjoy it. idk y.
    Flame Tsunami- OMG LOOK!!! ITS A RANGED STUN!!!! srsly. its a ranged stun. noone else can think of ANYWHERE that might help? (kinda surprised its range wasnt brought up earlier tbch)
    Blade Tornado/Sword Cyclone- i included the 80 version since thats wat i got. u can fly swim and pretty much **** with this skill. use a speed up skill and its just a win/win situation. TBCH the only thing i would change about this skill is the no bp return thing. i mean srsly? WTH GMS!!!
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bm's r just fine, there is only 1 down side, lack of chi. the new update will solve this. And its not that bms r weak, its just that u get focused because there r so many ranged classes. Try 1v1 a bm with even gear, a skilled bm will give u a run for your money.

+1 to this.

as to lack of chi, go sage, solve lack of chi issue. bms also have class specific fairy skills, such as balance and true emptiness.
  • XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i wrote this a couple weeks ago, submitted it to GMs and posted it on another thread and feel it fits this thread

I can just hear the QQing from all that would experience "role - reversal"

Just a few thoughts.....

Aura of Golden Bell would become this

Demon = gains 25 atk/def levels (dependent on which marrow is active) for 30 secs and becomes un-purgable/ un-debuffable for 6 seconds. 10 sec cooldown. 15 chi gain

Sage = gains 300% Mdef/Pdef (dependent on which marrow is active) for 30 secs and becomes unpurgable/ undebuffable for 6 seconds. 10 sec cooldown - 3o chi gain

Roar of the Pride would become this

Demon = Stuns all in 12 meter range (doesn't miss) reduces 20 atk/ 20 def levels to all enemies in range for 10 secs. 15 sec cooldown. 20 chi cost

Sage = Stuns all in 12 meter range (still has chance to miss) and has 66% chance to disarm all enemies in range for 10 secs 15 sec cool down. no chi cost

Heaven's Flame would become this

Demon = Enemies in range absorb 300% physical/magical damage and has change to stun or seal for 10 secs (2 spark) 30 sec cooldown.

Sage = Enemies in range absorb 200% physical/magical damage and has a 50% chance to debuff. (2 spark) 30 sec cooldown.

Reckless Rush would become this

Jump to target up to 30 meters stunning target for 5 secs, deals 100% weapon damage plus 3000 and has 50% chance to disarm enemy.

Highland Cleave would become this

Demon = gains 50% chance to "disorient" (stun or seal) for 5 secs

Sage = gains 50% chance to disarm for 5 secs.

Fissure would become this

Demon = 66% chance to stun for 6 secs and 5000 bleed

Sage = 66% chance to steal the opponent's will to fight (debuffs)

Leaping skills would become this

Forward = flash of light blinds opponent and has 50 % chance to be disarmed

Backwards = player becomes untargetable for 10 secs

Draw blood/ tiger maw would be combined and become this

Demon = base damage plus 100% weapon damage +5000 bleed damage 50% chance to disarm

Sage = base damage plus 100% weapon damage +5000 bleed damage 50% chance to stun

creation of two new skills

"Will of the Warrior" - allows BM to study extra hard and with ingenuity and increased cost of learning allows the BM to "cross-train" in other skills from other classes (up to 3 skills) - 5 million chi to buy random skill from a "chosen class" (can be rerolled at same cost if skill slot isn't filled) - requires 200,000 chi per level up to level 10 - sage and demon is then "learnable" *cannot learn Barb skills* -unlearned skills can be traded but have a 100 hour limited lifespan

Level 1 = 1 skill (10 million chi to unlock) + 10 million coins
    Level 2 = 2 skills (15 million chi to unlock) +15 million coins
    Level 3 = 3 skills (20 million chi to unlock) + 20 million coins

Stench of the wasteland (stink bombs) - Allows BM to toss "grenades" that explode causing damage and poison to all enemies within 16 meters (@ lvl 1) to 25 meters (@ lvl 10)- inflicting 6000 phys & mag damage (@ lvl 1) to 15,000 phys and mag damage (lvl 10) and slows opponent by 50%

Demon = AOE purge and 5000 bleed damage (30 meter range)

Sage = loss of all chi and disarm all opponents in range (30 meter range)

This is just a few spitballed ideas to make the class a bit more fun and tanky and able to compete against newer opd classes.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i think this is the main reason u dont see alot of bms. tho i know that other classes will disagree but bms are probably the hardest class to play in pvp.

tbh, I don't think anyone will disagree. The only other class I think would have an equally hard time in mass pvp would be a mystic.
    TBCH the only thing i would change about this skill is the no bp return thing. i mean srsly? WTH GMS!!!

Pretty sure the reason bp doesn't affect it is because it counts as a DoT. It deals full damage through SoG/Invoke so that's the trade-off. I mean, I'm sure you can see how that's useful if you're dealing with one of those nasty r9rr full +12 casters carrying flag in NW and you have the upgraded version + your weapon is decent (and well, you have clerics to SoG them).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tbh, I don't think anyone will disagree. The only other class I think would have an equally hard time in mass pvp would be a mystic.

Pretty sure the reason bp doesn't affect it is because it counts as a DoT. It deals full damage through SoG/Invoke so that's the trade-off. I mean, I'm sure you can see how that's useful if you're dealing with one of those nasty r9rr full +12 casters carrying flag in NW and you have the upgraded version + your weapon is decent (and well, you have clerics to SoG them).

I disagree with the term 'equally' as mystics at least have the ability to kill at a... WAIT FOR IT... distance, and they can still be ridiculously difficult to take down if played right, those constant heals, can be quite hard to get through. (I realize the same can almost be said as far as if played right it can be hard to take down SOME bms but meh... that doesn't usually happen with the bm until gear is quite phenomenal, whereas to me it seems like a mystic could get away with gear that isn't refined to riduclous amounts and still do quite alright... but yea thats just my opinion. being a support who is unable to support isn't fun.)

Quoted for truth. :$
    Case in point TheDan one of the strongest bms out there puts this as END GAME stats for a bm.

End Game BM Stats

Survivability - ☆☆☆☆
    Damage Output - ☆☆
    Supportive Control Skills - ☆☆☆☆☆
    Overall Mass PvP viability - ☆☆☆
    Overall 1v1 Viability - ☆☆☆☆

For a non-end game bm all those are probably 1 stars i cant deal enough damage to anything short of r9rr casters who for some reason put hp shards in their gear over garnets.

I think a very important tidbit it being left out of that post... I am pretty sure that list was meant for overall pvp ability. As when you get into pve those stats have quite the potential to dramatically change. Specifically the player difficulty. (Though it is indeed an opinion, but I would rate a bm's difficultly level as *** instead of the 5 that he gave them... but yea thats for pve only (my 3 star rating) Because if you know what your doing on a bm in pve... you can pull of some quite amazing things nigh regardless of your gear, if prepared right/use the right skills... though that can be said of pretty much any class still... those stats would indeed change if we were talking about pve ability. However since we're talking about pvp. those stats are accurate.

Also I do disagree, as the player difficultly would actually remain, perhaps even go up. (if that is even possible, as I am fairly sure that was meant to be 5* as the highest, 1 star lowest.)

The overall 1 vs 1 ability would also likely only be taken down to 2 *'s as its a lot easier to counter moves in a 1 on 1 fight, not to mention you don't have all those nasty intangibles to deal with in a 1 on 1 fight compared to when your fighting in a mass pvp scenario. It truly is easier to be smarter/combat moves being thrown at you in a 1 on 1 fight, even if under-geared... however if your opponent vastly out-gears you those stats would yet again change, and it might very well be difficult to even close the gaps depending on your opponent/other intangibles.

I must say I haven't ever witness it being done either, but still I do believe that stat sheet for bms is quite accurate.

--

Personally I blame nw for the disgust that bms have with their class, before it came around people were more or less content with their bm, EVEN if a bm can earn the same amount of points as another class... there is some things that are so blatantly/painfully obvious to bms, that they often find it easier to just leave nw/or just go to a new class for the PVP instance.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Crematory - Lost City
    Crematory - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Someone before said that this card system will boost G16 ppl. Yes it will boost, but have u imagined how R9rrr ppl will be boosted? So balance gone again...
    CS ppl buy the R9 stuff and with that gear they can farm to recast em so it isnt a big win for PWI. It seems they dont care about ppls loyality who play this game for 4-5 years and they forgot they advertised this game once "The Best Free To Play MMORPG". <-- Try to say that now... Cheers and make ur richies even powerful with the upcomming update.
    Why dont u just give em GMs gears so the unbalance between ppl would be complete...
  • Bragepage - Sanctuary
    Bragepage - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i wrote this a couple weeks ago, submitted it to GMs and posted it on another thread and feel it fits this thread

Just a few thoughts.....

Demon = gains 25 atk/def levels (dependent on which marrow is active) for 30 secs and becomes un-purgable/ un-debuffable for 6 seconds. 10 sec cooldown. 15 chi gain

Sage = gains 300% Mdef/Pdef (dependent on which marrow is active) for 30 secs and becomes unpurgable/ undebuffable for 6 seconds. 10 sec cooldown - 3o chi gain

Demon = Stuns all in 12 meter range (doesn't miss) reduces 20 atk/ 20 def levels to all enemies in range for 10 secs. 15 sec cooldown. 20 chi cost

Sage = Stuns all in 12 meter range (still has chance to miss) and has 66% chance to disarm all enemies in range for 10 secs 15 sec cool down. no chi cost

Demon = Enemies in range absorb 300% physical/magical damage and has change to stun or seal for 10 secs (2 spark) 30 sec cooldown.

Sage = Enemies in range absorb 200% physical/magical damage and has a 50% chance to debuff. (2 spark) 30 sec cooldown.

Jump to target up to 30 meters stunning target for 5 secs, deals 100% weapon damage plus 3000 and has 50% chance to disarm enemy.

Demon = base damage plus 100% weapon damage +5000 bleed damage 50% chance to disarm

Sage = base damage plus 100% weapon damage +5000 bleed damage 50% chance to stun

"Will of the Warrior" - allows BM to study extra hard and with ingenuity and increased cost of learning allows the BM to "cross-train" in other skills from other classes (up to 3 skills) - 5 million chi to buy random skill from a "chosen class" (can be rerolled at same cost if skill slot isn't filled) - requires 200,000 chi per level up to level 10 - sage and demon is then "learnable" *cannot learn Barb skills* -unlearned skills can be traded but have a 100 hour limited lifespan

Stench of the wasteland (stink bombs) - Allows BM to toss "grenades" that explode causing damage and poison to all enemies within 16 meters (@ lvl 1) to 25 meters (@ lvl 10)- inflicting 6000 phys & mag damage (@ lvl 1) to 15,000 phys and mag damage (lvl 10) and slows opponent by 50%

This is just a few spitballed ideas to make the class a bit more fun and tanky and able to compete against newer opd classes.

b:laughb:laugh this would be awesome if this could be implemented
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Just a few thoughts.....

Honestly, at endgame and r9t3 bm will have 25k-30+ mdef and pdef while mag marrowed. Since we're capped at 90% reduction (about 35k def) then 300% is way overkill since that'd be like 45k pdef/mdef.

I just think both of these are too powerful. Plus, unless an opponent is anti-stunned then reducing their attack levels while stunned would matter (except your 10 seconds extends beyond the stun). They're already at a disadvantage being stunned, its kind of asking to much to be auto-debuffed everything a bm stuns you.

Same complaint against sage. Purify weapon procs realllllly suck for BMs, but a stun that completely takes away the chance of it proccing and allows us to chain stuns+debuffs against a caster is just too powerful, now.

srsly? HF is already one of the most OP skills in the game and pretty much the main reason (not the only, but the main) to have a bm in your TW squad besides bell. Again, its just too OP and you'd still have the problem against casters that you have with our current HF. Once it's on if they're smart they kite away. Stun or seal for 10 seconds is again way too much to ask for and a melee class that seals when it aoes would be a pain in pve.

You mean purge? Since HF is already a debuff, Curse. And a purged+HF opponent would take way more than 300% damage.

Upgrading freeze to stun and doubling the range, plus disarm? I can see the increased range being nice but I'd be happier if they fixed it from stopping us from moving+ casting everytime the enemy gets near max range.

Chance to seal or stun would be fine in pvp but again would break pve when the mobs scatter everytime you aoe.

I'll just stop commenting on every skill having the chance to stun or seal for such long lengths of time.
    I wish it had a pdef debuff rather than a fire debuff but I understand this encourages "squad play"

Leaps don't have targets...

Sounds good, but would have to have a very strict list of skills we can learn. Some class skills would just be too OP.

You lost me at aoe purge. Too OP. Lol at 30m range.
    You lost me at opponents automatically losing all their chi and losing their weapon. Lol at 30m range.

Comments in red so they were next to the skill your were changing.
  • lokileya
    lokileya Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well, im r9t3 bm and is still got killed by closely every other class. so maybe i have to train my survivability but its still pretty hard.

we have a pretty cool skill: Sword Cyclone/ Blade Tornado

- dealing full dmg through Invoke, Wings of Protection etc
    - not triggering r9-Caster-weapon effects
    - not triggering Falling Petals from Mystics

the only problem is, that it costs 300 chi to cast (evenif u get 200 chi over 12 seconds back).

so for a better rebalancing i would be fine with 3 things:
    - more choosable r8/ r9 weapons: we are Blademaster, not onl Fist/Axe-users, even that those are the most common weapons used by bms. but after u choosed 1 r8 weapon you are done and u have no chance to get another weapon ...
    - maybe mdef buff stacking with clerics mdef buff and also stacking with alter marrow magical
    - reducing chi costs of Sword Cyclone/ BT to 0-50 to make it easier to use

because even barbs have a skill that purifys and gives them chi, archers can regain chi by "Awaken" so i suggest reducing BTs chi requirement to 50 by keeping the 200chi over 12 seconds is only fair.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lokileya wrote: »
    so i suggest reducing BTs chi requirement to 50 by keeping the 200chi over 12 seconds is only fair.

...you do realize how OP the skill is, right? This is why it costs 3 sparks. It's called balance.
    Silvaf wrote:
    I disagree with the term 'equally' as mystics at least have the ability to kill at a... WAIT FOR IT... distance, and they can still be ridiculously difficult to take down if played right, those constant heals, can be quite hard to get through. (I realize the same can almost be said as far as if played right it can be hard to take down SOME bms but meh... that doesn't usually happen with the bm until gear is quite phenomenal, whereas to me it seems like a mystic could get away with gear that isn't refined to riduclous amounts and still do quite alright... but yea thats just my opinion. being a support who is unable to support isn't fun.)

What part of "BMs aren't meant to kill in mass pvp, they're meant to support their DDs (meaning archers/mages/psychics/seekers) so they can get a kill off" do you not understand?

Yes, a mystic will probably get a couple more kills off than a BM because they're essentially a hybrid support/DD due to being a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none. Most are still going to be playing solely support in mass pvp though since they can pretty effectively play as something of a magic BM/cleric hybrid.

Also, 5-6k HP mystic will die just as easily as a 7-8k HP BM. Just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    ...you do realize how OP the skill is, right? This is why it costs 3 sparks. It's called balance.

What part of "BMs aren't meant to kill in mass pvp, they're meant to support their DDs (meaning archers/mages/psychics/seekers) so they can get a kill off" do you not understand?

Yes, a mystic will probably get a couple more kills off than a BM because they're essentially a hybrid support/DD due to being a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none. Most are still going to be playing solely support in mass pvp though since they can pretty effectively play as something of a magic BM/cleric hybrid.

Also, 5-6k HP mystic will die just as easily as a 7-8k HP BM. Just saying.

1. Seriously people need to stop reading in between the damn lines. << I didn't say bms should be able to kill... (though yes imho they ABSOLUTELY should be able too) NOW YOU CAN SAY THE BS ABOUT BMS NEEDING TO BE A DAMN SUPPORT. <<... to which i'll reply why in the hell do you think I added in "being a support that is unable to support is NOT fun." (yes it has a bit to do with the gear, but it is also the lack of viable useful skills that can be used with the amount of ease that others have. << seriously what is your reading comprehension level.

(edit) just adding a break here)

Specifically we should be able to kill those pesky casters if we can close the gaps we should be able to kill you fairly easy, and yet that isn't the case, which is extremely annoying. (EDIT:) I AM NOT SAYING you all should die in 1 hit, , but seriously the amount of damage you all take from a melee most of the time is ridiculous... even if we are suppose to be support. << (some casters have quite the ridiculous amount of phys def that they shouldn't have. << Though to be fair some melees also have quite insane magical res, but imho for what a melee has to go through is offsets their insane mag res def that some have. Due to you guessed it them not being able to attack at a distance, and them having to fight up close, meaning they have quite the potential to be ganked. )

You really do not seem to realize how useful being able to do things at a distance is in a mass pvp setting. (I am not saying it is ridiculous overpowered, but it IS useful in more ways than one.) You also used the word 'equally' ergo you got a response from me. I do not mean to be picky/single you out or anything, (AND I DO IT TOO I KNOW I DO) but yea words like that absolutely have the potential to elicit responses. If i hadn't said anything someone else likely would have.

The simple truth of the matter is that innate abilities always tips the scale of equality even if only a little, they still tip it from equality, though yes other abilities and intangibles try and tip that scale back to equality, but sadly that doesn't always happen, nor is it easy to see, especially when innate abilities, and gear can really outshine the skills AND gear of another.

2. That last line you do realize you pretty much said the same thing I said in the post that you quoted? Yours was just more localized so to speak.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1. Seriously people need to stop reading in between the damn lines. << I didn't say bms should be able to kill... (though yes imho they ABSOLUTELY should be able too) NOW YOU CAN SAY THE BS ABOUT BMS NEEDING TO BE A DAMN SUPPORT. <<... to which i'll reply why in the hell do you think I added in "being a support that is unable to support is NOT fun." (yes it has a bit to do with the gear, but it is also the lack of viable useful skills that can be used with the amount of ease that others have. << seriously what is your reading comprehension level. Specifically we should be able to kill those pesky casters if we can close the gaps we should be able to kill you fairly easy, and yet that isn't the case, which is extremely annoying. (some casters have quite the ridiculous amount of phys def that they shouldn't have. << Though to be fair some melees also have quite insane magical res, but imho for what a melee has to go through is offsets their insane mag res def that some have. Due to you guessed it them not being able to attack at a distance, and them having to fight up close, meaning they have quite the potential to be ganked. )

You really do not seem to realize how useful being able to do things at a distance is in a mass pvp setting. (I am not saying it is ridiculous overpowered, but it IS useful in more ways than one.) You also used the word 'equally' ergo you got a response from me. I do not mean to be picky/single you out or anything, (AND I DO IT TOO I KNOW I DO) but yea words like that absolutely have the potential to elicit responses. If i hadn't said anything someone else likely would have.

The simple truth of the matter is that innate abilities always tips the scale of equality even if only a little, they still tip it from equality, though yes other abilities and intangibles try and tip that scale back to equality, but sadly that doesn't always happen, nor is it easy to see, especially when innate abilities, and gear can really outshine the skills AND gear of another.

2. That last line you do realize you pretty much said the same thing I said in the post that you quoted? Yours was just more localized so to speak.

He/She just doesn't want for the hardest class to play to gets it's deserved buffs, better to just play any other easymode class like sin or seeker.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    He/She just doesn't want for the hardest class to play to gets it's deserved buffs, better to just play any other easymode class like sin or seeker.

What I find funny is that she keeps spewing that **** about bms are meant to be a support.

What the hell does she think I/we were in tw? We were fine with that "support" role before nw came out, but the more and more nw is done, and the fact that there are so few bms in nw our support role is completely ruined in there, not to mention that cheap *** proc that has more or less ruined our ability to support even more. (the fact that there are so few bms in nw, and the fact that they can't survive well at all, or kill... means there is less bms to combat that proc.) (edit) Though YES it is true its a lot easier to be a support in badass gear, and you can even support a little even in my gear, but there are some things that are so obvious to bms that they often are just too irritated to stay on a bm and play them in NW.

Yes the skills are nice especially on paper, but they're highly situational, and each and every single one of them requires the bm to LIVE... a bm HAS to live in order to be support. As I have said before every single class has the ability to be a support far easier than that of a bm. As she even admitted bms are the hardest class to play in mass pvp, though sure some may come close but none are 'equal' each and every single class has their advantages and weaknesses, its just some advantages are a lot easier to allow to come into play than others.

• Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Just a few thoughts.....

i lolled ... like ... a .. lot b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Just a few thoughts.....

I will support this b:victory.

Imagine if forward leap creates a white screen of death for everyone in range b:laugh Us bm need some smoke screen to ya know.

oooh and they can sell dyes for the smoke screens at 5~10 gold each b:dirty.
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know how they can fix the BM class. The Devs can permanently delete the class and give us a class of our choice with the same stats and comparable gear. Maybe people will be happy then? My guess is they won't be. And no, this post doesn't add anything to the conversation but I'm sick and need to take it out on someone.