Question in regards to gear.

Options
SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Cleric
Hello all.

I'm full G15 at the moment, and have the Aegis of Shadow bonus for having a full set.
My dilemma is that I have two pieces of the G16 set which I can forge to get the +500 bonus, but that means losing my full set bonus. My question to you all is is it worth it to do this now or should I wait for my full set to drop first? Thank you in advance for all answers. (My set is TT G15 Nirvana btw. 5 attack levels, and 13 defense levels.)

(Sidenote: Sorry for earlier necro OPKossy. I got interested in the subject discuss and replied. Wasn't paying attention to the dates at the time. Not trying to make y'all job harder. XD b:surrender
"Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
"http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
Post edited by SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Considering the +def levels and full set you have at the moment, I'd say it's not really worth breaking the set bonus.
    I went from R8/TT99 mix to G16 Nirvana so I just did part by part but in case of set bonuses it's usually better to wait and do all at once.

At the very least do 5 pieces at once so you can get the defence levels back :o

A calculator would probably be more useful though if you have time to post one.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It happens. b:surrender

I'd suggest waiting for a bit first, depending on your current refines and shards. If your HP is low enough, the 13 defense levels really don't mean all that much compared to the extra HP you'll get from G16's base bonuses alone. If you have relatively higher refines, though, then you'll want to wait to upgrade the entire set at once not to mention getting time to gain mirages and refine aids to re-refine your gear.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    full G16: 500 HP, 15 def levels, 20 atk levels, better refine rate/base than first cast r9. IMO if you're really squishy then wait to G16 but tbh the better base is so significant that you'd get more from going G16 piecemeal
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What does your gear look like otherwise? Is your set only like full +3 or something? If so, the 13 def levels won't mean jack and you'd be better off getting the HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Gear is namely +4. Full G15 AA set, Sky Demon's Protection necklace, 4th Belt of OHT protection belt.
    No high refines. I have horrible luck with mirages.

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Then I'd go for the g16 personally

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ah... At only +4ish average, you should go ahead and get the G16 since the defense level isn't doing much for you at this point anyway.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Gear is namely +4. Full G15 AA set, Sky Demon's Protection necklace, 4th Belt of OHT protection belt.
    No high refines. I have horrible luck with mirages.

g16

/5char
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Agreed. You should also make sure that you can at least put some flawless shards in there or something.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses. I'll get some EoD's, and G16 it. I appreciate your help on the matter. :)

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And dont think of yourself as being unlucky with mirages too easilly.
    Take a look at the price of Dragon orbs and translate that to mirages. You can buy thousands upon thousands of mirages for that money. The hours of clicking you need to do to refine your gear will make you feel very unlucky though.

I advise you to play a bit with this tool: It will show you that mirages are the cheaper option to refine up to +7 or +8 depending on the values you enter for the tisha/tienkang and dragon orb prices. (I used to value tisha/tienkang 100k because i could buy DQ from catshops and get them cheap trough event gold but that is gone now, so you need to buy them from some catshop or get them from the boutique yourself when they are on sale)

Up to +6, i normally regard it a simple matter of a little patience. When i get a set to refine, i start by refining everything to +6. +6 is not something you need to worry about being unlucky too much. +7 and +8 it starts to get a different matter. For this, i just give it a try when i feel like it and and if it fails, i make it +6 again. That is of course assuming you got the financial means to do so.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thanks for that tool. I'll keep that in mind. I'll use my DQ points to purchase the event gold also, so long as I get it before December. That way I can properly refine my new gear. I appreciate your help on this matter, and the matter of refinement as well.

• Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Get the G16, you are already squishy and won t make any difference if you wait, and also don t refine till you get the set