Questions Questions

VipertheElf - Sanctuary
VipertheElf - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Seeker
Hello Seeker Forum,b:bye

My seeker hit 80 tonight :),now time to go full FCC and do tanky. I have questions for u guys.

First is about skills (i)i maxed staggering strike,cleave,battousai.unfetter,B/S matsery ,A.Numbness and NSW..Stalagstrike,gemini slash,heart shatter,heartseeker skills are lvl 7 respectively and leave the rest to lvl 1.It's ok for untill lvl 100 or at least lvl 90?

(ii)Sometime my Vortex stopped without interruption b:surrender is lvl 7 Vortex can overeat charm cooldown? my current mana pool is 1900, any suggestion?

Second Question is about gears, since R9 is out of options i have 2 choices:G16 and r8r.Which one is better suit for seeker? i fancied GoF procs on r8r weapon.

(ii)what shards area more suitable for pure str build? how about sappire shard for more magic defence??

b:thanks
Post edited by VipertheElf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    (I)Overall, your skills are more or less fine. There are a few you should work towards:
    Blade Affinity, Gemini Slash, Heart and Mind Shatter, Darkcloud Bolt and Stalagstrike. You'll want everything maxed out in the end, particularly Soulsever for it's debuff, though most things can wait a while.

(II)Bad idea to rely on your charm alone, High level Vortexes eat through your mana incredibly fast. You can use the LV.75 Herb Yuanxiao; They restore 5k mp, and have a 10 second cooldown, letting you spam them for a constant flow of mana. Also helps that they're pretty damn cheap. If you don't wanna go that way; best I can recommend is to track down a helmet, cape, and some rings with extra mp, and socket them with more mp.

Gear? Armor-wise: I find G16 is less of a pain to deal with; It refines for more HP, it's also a fair bit cheaper and easier to re-roll for better stats, and it's pretty easy to farm. The set effect is also better, since you end up with extra Def Levels on top of Atk. Overall, it's just a lot less painful to deal with.

As for the weapon? G16. Simply by the virtue of it being cheap and tradable.
    Start off with "☆Dragonslayer, Annihilation"; it's an unbound TT99 gold which retains it's tradability all the way to any of it's G16 forms, leaving you open to upgrade to R9 if it becomes an option.
    R8r isn't bad in my opinion, it's just a bit of pain when it comes to actually funding it and trying to get the stats you want. Most people actually use it for it's Def level add; a max of 25 extra levels is nothing to scoff at, and, it synchronizes greatly with Sacrificial Slash for extra oomph.

Shards? Some might argue, but, I personally believe you should shard for more HP. It's an overall boost, letting it cover for both physical and magic damage.
  • VipertheElf - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    (I)Overall, your skills are more or less fine. There are a few you should work towards:
    Blade Affinity, Gemini Slash, Heart and Mind Shatter, Darkcloud Bolt and Stalagstrike. You'll want everything maxed out in the end, particularly Soulsever for it's debuff, though most things can wait a while.

(II)Bad idea to rely on your charm alone, High level Vortexes eat through your mana incredibly fast. You can use the LV.75 Herb Yuanxiao; They restore 5k mp, and have a 10 second cooldown, letting you spam them for a constant flow of mana. Also helps that they're pretty damn cheap. If you don't wanna go that way; best I can recommend is to track down a helmet, cape, and some rings with extra mp, and socket them with more mp.

Gear? Armor-wise: I find G16 is less of a pain to deal with; It refines for more HP, it's also a fair bit cheaper and easier to re-roll for better stats, and it's pretty easy to farm. The set effect is also better, since you end up with extra Def Levels on top of Atk. Overall, it's just a lot less painful to deal with.

As for the weapon? G16. Simply by the virtue of it being cheap and tradable.
    Start off with "☆Dragonslayer, Annihilation"; it's an unbound TT99 gold which retains it's tradability all the way to any of it's G16 forms, leaving you open to upgrade to R9 if it becomes an option.
    R8r isn't bad in my opinion, it's just a bit of pain when it comes to actually funding it and trying to get the stats you want. Most people actually use it for it's Def level add; a max of 25 extra levels is nothing to scoff at, and, it synchronizes greatly with Sacrificial Slash for extra oomph.

Shards? Some might argue, but, I personally believe you should shard for more HP. It's an overall boost, letting it cover for both physical and magic damage.

(i)I have no spirit left after i learned morai skill :D...but it's seen ok to go with it till 90.

(ii)I used to duo fcc with my sin,so start Vortexing while i pulling..I think i should keep extra gears with mp shards.

For gears my archer is g16 and also have g16 BM with different account,so i want to try something new b:laugh ..how about r8rfull set + 2 g16 pieces for extra hp bonus?

for weapon,i made tt90 gold sword for it (want SS so badly)b:laugh..and yeah better go g16 for endgame.

Seen r8r full set with Mdef shards seeker is my only personal preference..

Thank you for your reply
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    (i)I have no spirit left after i learned morai skill :D...but it's seen ok to go with it till 90.

(ii)I used to duo fcc with my sin,so start Vortexing while i pulling..I think i should keep extra gears with mp shards.

For gears my archer is g16 and also have g16 BM with different account,so i want to try something new b:laugh ..how about r8rfull set + 2 g16 pieces for extra hp bonus?

for weapon,i made tt90 gold sword for it (want SS so badly)b:laugh..and yeah better go g16 for endgame.

Seen r8r full set with Mdef shards seeker is my only personal preference..

Thank you for your reply
    you should check the two stickied seeker guides. Their skill section talks about which skills should be leveled up first. Check them both their great guides
  • VipertheElf - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    I read all seeker guilds,sadly there is no update for new weapons,armors and skills.there may be someone posted about this but no sticky..b:surrender

now my seeker hold at 80(for jones quest ofc) to lvl blade affinity,79 skills and void step
    and got mp sharded extra helmet for Vortexing..

so my only question now is: are the r8r seekers can't compete g16 seekers??
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    I read all seeker guilds,sadly there is no update for new weapons,armors and skills.there may be someone posted about this but no sticky..b:surrender

now my seeker hold at 80(for jones quest ofc) to lvl blade affinity,79 skills and void step
    and got mp sharded extra helmet for Vortexing..

so my only question now is: are the r8r seekers can't compete g16 seekers??
    Cheaper to go G16, and has much better returns in overall standards than R8. I've heard of going R8r for the weapon and G16 for the rest, but that seems overly costly.

Personally, only go with R8 if you're merely using it as a stepping stone to R9rrr.

Oh, and Perfect Turquoise shards in the cape and helm and you can sit in Vortes all day on Charm. I've got Sage now and need to upgrade to Gems that I'll be putting in my G16 gear. (the blinking poultice from Dreamchaser packs rocks too for extra mana boosts.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]