I've quit.

Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Off-Topic Discussion
You guys have probably already noticed but I've quit PWI and the forums here, it was a good 3 and a half years on the game but I've just gotten bored of it and have moved on with my life, it consumed too much of my life (addiction) and I was taking it too seriously, like I was staying home from school to do farming for my G16 and it fueled my depression etc.
So I bid you all farewell, I had a good run on here, I love y'all :)
-Tide over & out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
Post edited by Tide_Surfer - Archosaur on

Comments

• Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I hope you are able to overcome your depression.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    >Replying to a retirement topic un-ironically
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been around PWI for 5 years now but I keep quitting and coming back to see what's new rather than actual leveling. I noticed ever since ''Age of Spirits'' that the game took heavy turn into power-leveling Cash shopping marathon, people don't quest, they don't follow they story and most important, don't have fun. Now it's just about ''Gettin to 100'' and getting Rank gear. I remember showing off my armor because it glowed, found as a drop, that doesn't exist anymore, only people with experience can play this game, new players won't know how to find themselves in this world because actual gameplay and what tutorial teaches you? Misses by far. And also another thing this game is True Free to Play Pay to Win example, Everything EVERYTHING can be achieved trough money and even more, Hypers, Rank gear, you don't even need to level up your crafting anymore just buy some box. Let's see how Free vs Paying player would do against each other in Territory Wars or simple PVP. That is why I think PWI went from Glorious to Piece of ****
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    >Replying to a retirement topic un-ironically

Yeah I know he'll never read it, but I felt compelled to post my response.

Edit: I'll never quit the game, but I wont ever be 103 at the pace I'm going lol.
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    I know it's ironic to reply to my own retirement thread but I was just checking on this incase anyone had any questions for me, and I don't have depression anymore, I overcame it early this year :)
    Also I haven't had PWI on this laptop for about 5 months now haha, no chance in me coming back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rosabear
    rosabear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I do understand about depression as I battle it everyday, but you don't really over come depression you manage it with good therapy and medication plus support. Talking to family about your worries and issues about what your feeling helps. I hope all goes well in your future and at one point come back not to escape your troubles but just to have some fun. Rise up and shine my friend. Rise up and shine cause you have so much ahead of you. You just have to keep hope and a positive outlook.f:victory
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    rosabear wrote: »
    I do understand about depression as I battle it everyday, but you don't really over come depression you manage it with good therapy and medication plus support. Talking to family about your worries and issues about what your feeling helps. I hope all goes well in your future and at one point come back not to escape your troubles but just to have some fun. Rise up and shine my friend. Rise up and shine cause you have so much ahead of you. You just have to keep hope and a positive outlook.f:victory

You actually do overcome depression, for most people it's not like a heart attack where you have an initial attack then you have the disease the rest of your life, you can get out of depression, like I did. I never went onto medication for it and I had excellent counselling and support. But yeah, I'm out of depression.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]