Perfect World International: The Awakening (Sanctuary)

TheDan - Sanctuary
TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Blademaster
Brief footage I uploaded of last night's NW and some group PvP earlier in last month. Just got back from a 4 month break or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnC8He52fFM&feature=youtu.be
BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
Post edited by TheDan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Interesting...

Super-fast speed videos like yours are nice for a sense of strategic play. I'm guessing you've sped your footage by 3 to 4 times?

However, slower (1.5 to 2x speed) videos are much better for watching tactical play.

Did you consciously decide to speed the footage up as much as you did, or did you just do what was convenient? Personally I prefer 2x since it is slow enough for a viewer to see your tactics, but fast enough to remain exciting.

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Nice fights though!
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Nigoshi - Raging Tide
    Nigoshi - Raging Tide Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Good to see you back.

Gotta love those bridge battles; always good fun. As for the speed of the video, while it was faster than most it was still comfortable to watch without thinking something was off or that i was missing things.
    Wait...Wait...There will be large posterior wenches?! -Impatiens

youtube.com/NigoshiPwiRT - Blademaster PvP videos and TW
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Interesting...

Super-fast speed videos like yours are nice for a sense of strategic play. I'm guessing you've sped your footage by 3 to 4 times?

However, slower (1.5 to 2x speed) videos are much better for watching tactical play.

Did you consciously decide to speed the footage up as much as you did, or did you just do what was convenient? Personally I prefer 2x since it is slow enough for a viewer to see your tactics, but fast enough to remain exciting.

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Nice fights though!

I rarely watch sped up videos. I like to watch timing and see how people were thinking and you can't do that "during" the video then you spend the next few moments figuring out the train of thought and end up missing things while you mentally assembled the previous action.

Bonus of sped up footage though is it hides most of the users mistakes.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I admittedly didn't watch the video before uploading it, I was in a hurry to leave for work, I normally would put it on 2.5x instead of 3x. 3x I got too used to during TW and NW for long 2-3 hour battles, but yeah it is a little skimpy on footage since I had a lot of short fights.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Superfeng - Lost City
    Superfeng - Lost City Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can always download the videos from Youtube, then use VLC to slow it down.
    Superfeng - Level 101 Lost City Blademaster, retired.