option to skip mobs in WS

Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Suggestion Box
Would like to suggest to put option for skipping mobs in Warsong.
Players still would have option to defend if they want to. With all this Op gear around defending pavilions for bh is no more necessary, sou would be nice to have option to skip it and save us some time.
Post edited by Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Lol no. We don't need BH metal to become even easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Yea like someone is defending pavilions now for bh. People just standing and going afk for 15 min. Can use that time in some better way.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I understand where you're coming from but I can't see them add such an option P: most people usually start the timer and go afk to do other things then come back and invite people. It's not nearly as bad when you find a way to organize it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Would be nice yes. Right now most people still make squads before starting the timer or imeadiately after instead of when the timer is done. Therefore i never do BH warsong, only full warsong if BH is there because the amount of time wasted on just the BH does not compare very well.

A skip timer option might make me do the BH sometimes and it surely will help those who are now wasting their time waiting :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't see they ever implementing a "skip mob" thingy, but it wouldn't hurt to make the mobs come a bit faster at least (also an option, ofc, since lots of people don't have a high-ish lvl gear). Even when defending, most of the time I'm just waiting for the mobs to come/sleeping the head. It gets boring eventually.
    edited October 2013
    Would be nice yes. Right now most people still make squads before starting the timer or imeadiately after instead of when the timer is done. Therefore i never do BH warsong, only full warsong if BH is there because the amount of time wasted on just the BH does not compare very well.

A skip timer option might make me do the BH sometimes and it surely will help those who are now wasting their time waiting :)

I agree, I know several people that doesnt wana do that bh becouse its time consuming.
    edited October 2013
    I don't see they ever implementing a "skip mob" thingy, but it wouldn't hurt to make the mobs come a bit faster at least (also an option, ofc, since lots of people don't have a high-ish lvl gear). Even when defending, most of the time I'm just waiting for the mobs to come/sleeping the head. It gets boring eventually.

yea I know that most likely wont happen, dont even think someone in charge read this:) but can always hope b:chuckle
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    a skip timer* option would by fine as you cant skip it whit FW due to last boss but for bh should by fine.
  • Killerdagger - Lost City
    Killerdagger - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    NO .... why? once you have option for that skipping things. some will ask the same for GV..b:shockedb:shocked
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    NO .... why? once you have option for that skipping things. some will ask the same for GV..b:shockedb:shocked

Then they could just answer: "no".
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Unnecessary.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Garry - Lothranis
    Garry - Lothranis Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree, since its not going to make anything easier... mobs will hit the same, boss too, etc... It would just save us that 15 mins we stand for BH.
    For full warsong we would still need to defend the pavs.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Meh, you can already skip them by just starting the timer and forming your own squad after it's done. If you can't be bothered to toss an alt in there and let the timer cool down while you get better things done, and can't stand that someone else would do a different way so refuse to join with others, then isn't that your own decision? Some people like to go practice defending while the timer goes on, and nobody would be willing to let them do that if everyone just always skipped it because its bh. They could always go do it on their own obviously. But meh this way there isn't a lot of peer pressure. :P It's not like they need to do it that way, but there isn't really a good reason to change it to the other way either, and this way there isnt any peer pressure since everyone is deciding how to do it on their own. I mean the option is already available to pretty much everyone. :P If you don't want to be one of those people that allow that, then just start the timer yourself and let it run down. Pretty simple.

The way an instance is designed does determine how people are going to want to interact with it and get others to do the same. Like the fact that nirvana was mobless made it so that it was difficult to get a squad for anyone that wasn't a sin/bm and on servers where the general population didn't have their heads up their own rear, venos.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Meh, you can already skip them by just starting the timer and forming your own squad after it's done. If you can't be bothered to toss an alt in there and let the timer cool down while you get better things done, and can't stand that someone else would do a different way so refuse to join with others, then isn't that your own decision? Some people like to go practice defending while the timer goes on, and nobody would be willing to let them do that if everyone just always skipped it because its bh. They could always go do it on their own obviously. But meh this way there isn't a lot of peer pressure. :P It's not like they need to do it that way, but there isn't really a good reason to change it to the other way either, and this way there isnt any peer pressure since everyone is deciding how to do it on their own. I mean the option is already available to pretty much everyone. :P If you don't want to be one of those people that allow that, then just start the timer yourself and let it run down. Pretty simple.

The way an instance is designed does determine how people are going to want to interact with it and get others to do the same. Like the fact that nirvana was mobless made it so that it was difficult to get a squad for anyone that wasn't a sin/bm and on servers where the general population didn't have their heads up their own rear, venos.

Off topic. Venus if you are a lady can i marry you?b:dirtyb:dirty
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    Off topic. Venus if you are a lady can i marry you?b:dirtyb:dirty

She's mine. I bribed her with cookies already.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    She's mine. I bribed her with cookies already.

b:laugh my bad Kossy sorry for that b:surrender
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2013
    f:staref:grin

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013

And yet people still want to blame sins for this one, and still QQ about it. If they'd put half as much effort into making their own nirvy squads as they did QQ.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2013
    And yet people still want to blame sins for this one, and still QQ about it. If they'd put half as much effort into making their own nirvy squads as they did QQ.

You cannot just pretend that the speed and cheap price at which APS'ers were able to provide goods and services like power levelling or farming raptures/cannies, has no impact on others trying to enter into the market. That is not how that works. A million coins on a rap goes a hell of a lot further when it is being split by two-three people instead of six people. Not to mention that in order to make a run work, you need certain roles fufilled. And the people who best fufilled roles like debuffer (bms/venos) were in the higher end squads. This allowed a certain type of playstyle to basically enjoy a monopoly on farming it, since no others could hope to keep in terms of cost incurred versus profits made. And thus there time was better spent elsewhere in a more cost effective way. In addition, because of the much larger profit margins they enjoyed, APS'ers tended to have better gear. Because those who have the most money, can naturally afford better gear. That's why the total APS domination happened on every server, of every version of the game. It had nothing to do with players personal ethics or drive. That instance was designed in such a manner that it made the most rational choice for farming to roll a sin or bm, and anyone who couldn't was left in the dust. That is the reason APS has been made less effective as time went on, without an actual nerf. The way a system is designed, impacts how people interact with it. And that is not just true for game design, it is true for human nature.

But that is all off-topic so I won't say anymore on it.

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    while we are at it, lets have a button that kills every mob on the current map, and all you have to do is walk around picking up drops

f:grin
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
    edited December 2013

Agree. My suggestion is only because its atm time consuming. I rarely doing that bh anymore cause it takes to much time, and even if I go, squad never defending pavs anymore,cause with gear now days its completely not necessary.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Agree. My suggestion is only because its atm time consuming. I rarely doing that bh anymore cause it takes to much time, and even if I go, squad never defending pavs anymore,cause with gear now days its completely not necessary.

I love this new generation of players that the devs breeded thanks to all the op rank gear and apstards afk sparking everywhere, only to come up with the lame "I don't have the time for this stance" or "it's too time consuming" blah blah blah...

FACT! All you guys want to do is to finish a stance in 5 minutes, then get bored and fill WC with random **** or just complain that you're bored and that the game lacks content.

If you don't have the time to play a MMO like it's meant to, then you shouldn't play it at all. b:bye
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,796 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    As I always keep saying people should learn to adapt to things more.

I think its an interesting suggestion tho.