Upcoming Seeker changes

Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Seeker
Alrighty, we have an upcoming expansion headed our way, and the main thing I wanted to bring up is skills. Yes, we are getting skill updates once again. Now for most of these, you're gonna need the Lv.11 versions of these skills, and they more or less exist as Lv.12 versions. At this point, there's a lot we don't know about, like whether or not the merged skills can still be used on their own, how to earn the mats to make the books, not enough info going around to confirm it.

Links:
Skill-book information
Skill descriptions pulled from the Chinese client Updated with more recent info.
(In case you missed the bigass thread in the GD)
BREAKING NEWS:
There has been confirmation that once skills have been merged, the original skills are no longer available.
==========================
New Seeker changes: 1-10 skills
The damage formula was changed to add more oomph to the 3 basic attacks.

Rock Splitting Cleave
Staggering Strike
Battousai

Inflict 110% base physical damage plus "x"% weapon damage plus "x" physical/magic damage.
More of a clarification thing:
Blood-thirsty Blitz

Health recovered is 20% of your max HP
Sage/Demon form
●/○ Rock Splitting Cleave

Inflict 110% base physical damage plus 100% weapon damage plus 1100 physical damage

Sage: Inflict an extra 550 physical damage
Demon: Has a 20% chance to return 50 Chi when cast.
●/○ Staggering Strike

Inflict 110% base physical damage plus 100% weapon damage plus 1716 physical damage

Sage: Reduces the cooldown by 1 second.
Demon: Reduces cast time by 0.2 seconds.
●/○Battousai

Inflict 110% base physical damage plus 100% weapon damage plus 2750 metal damage.
Increases Threat.

Sage: Deals an additional 660 points of damage.
Demon: Recovers 5 extra Chi when cast.
Evolved/Merged Skills
Rock Splitting Cleave+Parchedblade Dance+Soulsever Minuet

Inflict 110% base physical damage plus 100% weapon damage plus 1100 physical damage

50% chance to inflict the Spirit Bore status on the target.

20% chance to inflict the Bloodlet status on the enemy.

Sage: Increases bonus damage by 550.
Increases the chance to inflict the Spirit Bore status by 15%,
Has 5% greater chance to inflict the Bloodlet status.

Demon: Has a 20% chance to return 50 Chi when cast.
Stuns the target for 1 more second when the Bloodlet status is activated by ○Stalagstrike.
Decreases target's Attack and Defense level by 2 more levels when the Spirit Bore status is activated by ○Gemini Slash.

Staggering Strike+Northern Sky Waltz

Inflict 110% base physical damage plus 100% weapon damage plus 1716 physical damage

30% chance to deal 2060 additional damage and immobilize the target for 3 seconds.
The target's Defense level is also decreased by 20 for 8 seconds.

Sage: Reduces the cooldown by 1 second.
Increases the effect trigger by 10%

Demon: Reduces cast time by 0.2 seconds.
Immoblizes the target for 1 more second when the effect is triggered.
Battousai+Duelist's Glee

Inflict 110% base physical damage plus 100% weapon damage plus 2750 metal damage.

20% chance to inflict the 'Parried' status

Sage: Deals an additional 660 points of damage
Demon: Recovers 5 extra Chi when cast.
Heart Shatter+Mind Shatter+Soul Shatter
"Omni-Shatter"

Range 20 meters
Channel 0.3 seconds
Cast 0.7 seconds

Cooldown 15 seconds
Gain 25 chi

Casts a debuff on the target that increases skill damage by 35%. Lasts for 600 seconds.

Can only be cast on monsters.
Does not affect normal attacks

Sage: Increases the damage the target receives from skills by an additional 15%.
Demon: Adds an additional 15% chance to deal a critical blow with a skill.
==================
Sacrificial Slash

Channel 0.2 seconds
Cast 0.5 seconds

Cooldown 30 seconds

Reduce your Defense Level by 40%,
while increasing your Attack Level by 50% of your reduced Defense Level.
Lasts for 15 seconds.

Defense Level is reduced by at least 20.
The negative effect can stack with defense reduction effect caused by The Eye of the Northern Sky.
===================
Quid Pro Quo

Range 28 meters
Channel 0.2 seconds
Cast 0.5 seconds

Cooldown 30 seconds

Transfer up to 10 of your debuffs to the target and
silence your target for 1 seconds.

Sage: Silence effect time increased by 2 seconds
Demon: Also Immobilizes the target for 4 seconds
===================
Post edited by Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ravensfeill - Archosaur
    Ravensfeill - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hmm im not sure I'm seeing this right I thought on Chinese stuff I looked at said voidstep was getting 30 sec cd this stuff that is streamlined it looks like either battosui replaces armed neir? Or Maybe it's more awesome since now we can blast people with mag damage with bat, and still activate deul with neir?
    edited October 2013
    And is omni shatter like a huge pile of the other shatters combined that's actually decent since it takes time for seeker to cast all the debuffs shame they still haven't given seekers a way for the debuffs to be beneficial tothemselves or made seekers gain chi by changing stances or sage and demon versions of party buffs another single aoe attack would be nice just to rack up hit in an unending skill spam
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    Not a whole lot is known about how the skills work in the long run, but, the omni-shatter basically combines all the shatters into one: Increasing skill damage for everything.
    As for the basic trio; they act like stances, RSC has a chance of placing Soulsever or Parchedblade onto the target, letting you follow up with Gemini/Stalag without having to use the original stances. Same thing goes for Battousai with Arme Nier; SS and NSW are special by just having it be a 30-40% chance to activate the bonus immediately.
    It means you won't need to be in a stance to take advantage of stances.
    edited October 2013
    Man if it works like this this is gonna be a whole like more fun pvping still I hope we get that void step CDs I seen that would really help
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The merged skills look like they'd be fun to experience with. I'm curious though, since you said "merged" I hope it doesn't mean they literally merged Duelist's Glee with Battousai. If that's not the case, what would happen if I used that Battousai while being in the Duelist's Glee stance? All that seems to be a bit confusing right now.. Seeing Cleave "merged" with Stalagstrike makes no sense to me at all as Cleave's a ranged single target skill while Stalagstrike's close range aoe.

I'm liking Omni-Shatter though, it's a nice idea but once again as long as I can still use shatters individually. I do have a few questions here too such as is it a single icon on the mob or 3 shatter icons? Does it "stack" with other shatters? Since it lasts 600 seconds, unless it means I can't use shatters individually anymore would I have to let it run out to use Soul Shatter for it's 150% sage effect?

I'm not asking you to answer these now, but I hope I'll find these answers sometime. The new stuff looks okay but it depends on how it works. In that case it's either a waste of time for me or it's an amazing idea :p.
    edited October 2013
    The merged skills look like they'd be fun to experience with. I'm curious though, since you said "merged" I hope it doesn't mean they literally merged Duelist's Glee with Battousai. If that's not the case, what would happen if I used that Battousai while being in the Duelist's Glee stance? All that seems to be a bit confusing right now.. Seeing Cleave "merged" with Stalagstrike makes no sense to me at all as Cleave's a ranged single target skill while Stalagstrike's close range aoe.

I'm liking Omni-Shatter though, it's a nice idea but once again as long as I can still use shatters individually. I do have a few questions here too such as is it a single icon on the mob or 3 shatter icons? Does it "stack" with other shatters? Since it lasts 600 seconds, unless it means I can't use shatters individually anymore would I have to let it run out to use Soul Shatter for it's 150% sage effect?

I'm not asking you to answer these now, but I hope I'll find these answers sometime. The new stuff looks okay but it depends on how it works. In that case it's either a waste of time for me or it's an amazing idea :p.

My bad, it was meant to be Parchedblade Dance, not Stalagstrike. In any case, we don't have the answers to them as of yet, best I can do is sit around and wait for news from China.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited October 2013
    I figured as much, it just seemed too weird otherwise. So I guess it can mark both. And yeah, that's what i meant by not answering them now :D.
  • Nostinor - Harshlands
    Nostinor - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Omni-Shatter=PVE Undine Strike
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i hope it doesnt bring us to this thing where you have to wait for the right thing to proc to use the next skill...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited October 2013
    BREAKING NEWS:
    There has been confirmation that once skills have been merged, the original skills are no longer available.
    What does it mean? It means once the stances/shatters are fused, we can no longer use them seperately; no more AOE marking for Parched/Soulsever stances, and the loss of crit/damage boosts from Mind/Soul shatters. Of course, it's a great boost PvP-wise, but, the real problem comes to how much this ends up affecting the PvE side of things.

EDIT: Anyone wanna do the math on whether Omni-shatter would actually end up doing more damage over time? I'd do it myself, but, math stopped being my strong suit after I dropped out of high school.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited October 2013
    BREAKING NEWS:
    What does it mean? It means once the stances/shatters are fused, we can no longer use them seperately; no more AOE marking for Parched/Soulsever stances, and the loss of crit/damage boosts from Mind/Soul shatters. Of course, it's a great boost PvP-wise, but, the real problem comes to how much this ends up affecting the PvE side of things.

EDIT: Anyone wanna do the math on whether Omni-shatter would actually end up doing more damage over time? I'd do it myself, but, math stopped being my strong suit after I dropped out of high school.

It's not a boost at all, at least not for me. It screws us up both in PvE and in PvP... I guess I'm not going to like this update then.
    edited November 2013
    i think there are some dmg info left out on the first seeker skills, i only noticed it when the sin skill dmg looked absurd. ill look it over once im back home, seems we get a bit more dmg than previously thought... maybe.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited November 2013
    ok so..

"Omni-Shatter"
    Range 20 meters
    Channel 0.3 seconds
    Cast 0.7 seconds
    Cooldown 15 seconds
    Gain 25 chi
    Casts a debuff on the target that increases skill damage by 35%. Lasts for 600 seconds.
    Sage: Increases the damage the target receives from skills by an
    additional 50%. <---
    ==================

if status lands further metal 7950 dmg with [insert skill used] + decrease of 10 DEF and 10 ATT LV for 3min. (on target)
    20% chance to inflict the Bloodlet status on the enemy. if status lands further metal 3750 dmg with [insert skill used] + stun/faint?? target for 3sec

Battousai+Duelist's Glee
    Inflict 110% base physical damage plus 100% weapon damage plus 2860 metal damage.
    for 10 seconds, upon active 4080 dmg and weapon taken away
    edited November 2013
    ok so..

"Omni-Shatter"
    Range 20 meters
    Channel 0.3 seconds
    Cast 0.7 seconds
    Cooldown 15 seconds
    Gain 25 chi
    Sage: Increases the damage the target receives from skills by an
    additional 50%. <---
    ==================

if status lands further metal 7950 dmg with [insert skill used] + decrease of 10 DEF and 10 ATT LV for 3min. (on target)
    20% chance to inflict the Bloodlet status on the enemy. if status lands further metal 3750 dmg with [insert skill used] + stun/faint?? target for 3sec

Battousai+Duelist's Glee
    Inflict 110% base physical damage plus 100% weapon damage plus 2860 metal damage.
    for 10 seconds, upon active 4080 dmg and weapon taken away

Alrighty;
    So for the bottom ones, they're not inflicting the actual effects, They work like the original stances. (Inflict Spirit Bore, follow up with Gemini to activate etc.)
    As for the Omni-shatter; I'm pretty sure it just increases it to 50%, not an extra 50% on top. It's practically identical to how Heart Shatter works, with the exception of working on skills in general.
    edited November 2013
    Im not sure how the chinese one works, but mines im just taking directly from the JP translations. Possibly the prior one has less detail? its the same site where i found the skill merging ast put up.
    ダメージ / 増加 / 効果 50%
    dmg / add,additional,bonus / status,effect

thats the actual sentence so it can be translated howevers.
    edited November 2013
    Im not sure how the chinese one works, but mines im just taking directly from the JP translations. Possibly the prior one has less detail? its the same site where i found the skill merging ast put up.
    ダメージ / 増加 / 効果 50%
    dmg / add,additional,bonus / status,effect

thats the actual sentence so it can be translated howevers.

I ended up getting my info straight from the Chinese data that Ast had pulled from their client, although, "増加" could also be interpreted as "increased to" once you put it through Google. Personally; I don't see them boosting Sage Seekers any higher, technically they're after more balance, an extra 50% on top would make Sage the clear winner.

Below is the Chinese data pulled from the client:
    Raw client data Asterelle pulled

使目标受到的技能伤害增加35%,持续600
    秒。

Sage: 伤害加深效果提高到50%。
    Demon: 同时使目标受到暴击的几率增加15%。

Overall CN and PWI have two different endgames: CN doesn't have rampant usage of R9 gear because of how rare they make it over there, we can only hope that they tweak the Sin skills to a more reasonable amount when it hits our version.
    edited November 2013
    Not saying its wrong, but there is room for doubt as the sin skills compared, arent exactly after more 'balance' compared to others. Or it could be as the CN says. I just tend to like to keep to the JP info cause their change is pretty much in sinc with PWI since like forever
    I guess you might wanna look some info over because some of the info 'ast pulled' is from my translation i pulled from the JP blog onto our faction site :P
    edited November 2013
    Not saying its wrong, but there is room for doubt as the sin skills compared, arent exactly after more 'balance' compared to others. Or it could be as the CN says. I just tend to like to keep to the JP info cause their change is pretty much in sinc with PWI since like forever
    I guess you might wanna look some info over because some of the info 'ast pulled' is from my translation i pulled from the JP blog onto our faction site :P

I'm confident in my interpretations. Yes; there's room for doubt and wrong interpretations, I am relying on Google here. In the end, I'm going to err on the side of caution and stick to the lower amount. Whether I'm right or wrong, it won't be a major problem, no point in setting high expectations.
    edited November 2013
    seeker needs to be OP D:<
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ^^^^ YES b:victory

These merged skills are probably gonna have some nerfs with them...

I'm just gonna stick with the skills separate for awhile, seems like the merged skills are missing some of the effects that makes the individual skills great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Isn't it right that have a choice which skills are merged and which arnt I'd keep they new single spam skills since they work pretty good but now more damage think of this omnishatter is super pointless since now u lose skills that had better timing and could make u Chi faster which didn't mark but as till gave Chi in pvp and I'm guessing the new skill is over only meaning separately u had more an advantage Chi wise I'm a full str build with over 700 str I don't have much defense I survive killing others before they can react to me so Chi is life or death to me and this update like slot of seekers (probably 90 percent suffer from not being able to make Chi fast enough ) cloud helps but destroys your genie generally useless after it meaning a gank coming up and u know that a genie skill could have saved u but now it's on cd to get Chi to go fight some suped up rrr9 I can kill people way better geared than.me but I need vast amounts of Chi first I'm not super rich to gain plus 12 all josd everything and I suspect alot of people arnt either so I have to drop nearly all Chi to kill those built richer than me and can survive it they should keep damsges on all skills and didnt even worry about omni its pointless since now basically all shatters share a cd I was getting excited they would just add another shattered so we get another Chi skill that I thought could be used when soul shatterms was on cd for more and so far looks like battousai. Is just replacement of armed neir unless I'm wrong what was it's skill don't make that skill pvp it feels like they took tools outta our hands that gave us some ability to cope with our lame chi production to give us perma 1 spark damage which those skills should have had from they beginning
    edited November 2013
    Isn't it right that have a choice which skills are merged and which arnt I'd keep they new single spam skills since they work pretty good but now more damage think of this omnishatter is super pointless since now u lose skills that had better timing and could make u Chi faster which didn't mark but as till gave Chi in pvp and I'm guessing the new skill is over only meaning separately u had more an advantage Chi wise I'm a full str build with over 700 str I don't have much defense I survive killing others before they can react to me so Chi is life or death to me and this update like slot of seekers (probably 90 percent suffer from not being able to make Chi fast enough ) cloud helps but destroys your genie generally useless after it meaning a gank coming up and u know that a genie skill could have saved u but now it's on cd to get Chi to go fight some suped up rrr9 I can kill people way better geared than.me but I need vast amounts of Chi first I'm not super rich to gain plus 12 all josd everything and I suspect alot of people arnt either so I have to drop nearly all Chi to kill those built richer than me and can survive it they should keep damsges on all skills and didnt even worry about omni its pointless since now basically all shatters share a cd I was getting excited they would just add another shattered so we get another Chi skill that I thought could be used when soul shatterms was on cd for more and so far looks like battousai. Is just replacement of armed neir unless I'm wrong what was it's skill don't make that skill pvp it feels like they took tools outta our hands that gave us some ability to cope with our lame chi production to give us perma 1 spark damage which those skills should have had from they beginning
    if you have the money to 700+ STR your seeker then you should be well enough to survive by a LARGE margin....
    edited November 2013
    *SNIP*

Firstly, Punctuation.
    The skill upgrades are completely optional, you can pick and choose which ones you want.
    I think you're confused about some of the fusions; Battousai isn't replacing Arme Nier, it's replacing Duelist's Glee. All the fusions, bar Omni-shatter, are meant to allow you to use stances without destroying Heartseeker or Ion Spike in the process. It means you can use all your stances at once, and still keep the 100% activation on all the important stuff.
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i hope it doesnt bring us to this thing where you have to wait for the right thing to proc to use the next skill...

This is what I fear as well.
    edited November 2013
    trust me there isn't much a large margin I die because my build I made isnt made for tanking and I rely heavy of pots speed and power and strategic terrain movment plus I still only have flawless shards not josd or vit like pretty much every rrr 9 seek that i know mostly I'm waiting to see if they maybe make those +20 vit stones to balance some of this, I was mostly pointing out my build is because I use mass amounts of Chi in attack since I rely on pure brute force and will drop as many attacks to completely overwhelm to attempt to leave no room for counter attacks it works well , just surviving stuff for seekers without Chi for sparks to counter attack is more difficult since running and kiting donst work when your fighting the endless kiting of wizards and archer which then I have to resort when things see on cd to the 3 single attack skill spams that it looks like they balanced to make it easier to keep up with kiters ok well this brings me to this question then from what I gathered (and yeah was a little confused like we all are about the new skills ) that all the skills that are new u can get them individally? Like bat, rock and so forth or is this upgrade kinda like how u get sage and demon books where if u have to gain the whole set (as in all the skills in the upgrade) to use any of the effects like say u want the new battousai does it force u to change your shatters to omni just to get that upgrade since omni is part of the new merge also last question I seen something about voidsteps cd was supposed to be majorly reduced to 30 sec in some forum where I seen the into to these skill did they nix that or is that part of it or something that I missed?
    edited November 2013
    *SNIP*
    They act just like the skill books, e.g. you can get the Battousai upgrade without getting Omni-shatter and vice-versa. The voidstep cooldown is actually part of a new "Preview" area, where newbies get a taste of what to expect from their class; and no, that cooldown does not carry over to the main game.
  • Illryga - Archosaur
    Illryga - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    aww ballz, wish the nsw merger thing would be paired with arme nier or something instead of the skill that activates the mark being the one that puts it on there X.x shafted indeed i think b:cry my favorite pair to go grind with
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The real question is...Will the range for the merged skills be based on the skill with the farthest range or the shortest?

Shorter range could be a disadvantage...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited November 2013
    The real question is...Will the range for the merged skills be based on the skill with the farthest range or the shortest?

Shorter range could be a disadvantage...

That question would apply to Omni-Shatter only because the 3 shatters can have different ranges when they aren't of the same level, but all max out at 20 meters which is also the range stated on Omni-Shatter.

The rest seems to be a skill paired with one or two stances so I'm guessing the range there is the same as the skill's range.

Besides that.. I can't agree with this idea so much right now. Even with having the choice to only learn some of them I don't really get what those updates do for us besides making everything easier. I'm guessing Omni-Shatter does improve things a bit because it also gives damage for water and wood now? But to trade soul shatter for that >.>.