"Hello, New Friend, My Name Is Fred...

Options
Murcas - Sanctuary
Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Off-Topic Discussion
The voices you hear are in my head."

So, October! Time for scary stories and bizarre rituals from where I am from. The point of this thread? Tell me you nope.jpg stories and tell me about any bizarre rituals, if any, you plan on doing.

I'll start with the ritual. I plan to play The Midnight man if I can get into an old school that has been around since, um, 1930 or so. Four story building, the upper two stories abandoned and filled with asbestos (Taking a mask.) It has a wooden door and plenty of places to run and hide from the Midnight Man, provided my damn candle doesn't go out. The game lasts for 3 hours: Midnight to 3 A.M. The problem is getting into the school; just because it's abandoned doesn't mean I can just waltz in there, may have to get a permit and tell them it is for a school project.

If I can't do the Midnight Man ritual, my husband, friend, and I are going to an old abandoned church that was built in the 1800's, it is still standing but in severe disrepair. Shadow people confirmed to wander the cornfields and the cemetery around the church.

After that, we will go to a place known only as "The 30 minute stare" road. For privacy reasons and a pact I made with my friends, I will not discuss what happened on that road or where the road is located at. Then we will move on to an old rail road bridge that has a phantom train that still roars down the tracks...despite the fact that there are no planks and the steel is rotting and bending after a hundred years of little to no maintenance.

Then it's off to Seaton, a cemetery that is open year around and is known for paranormal activity. No wonder, that, since the cemetery is almost 300 years old. All that stands between you and the dead is a sighing fence that seems to mourn you passing into the grave yard. Near the out cropping of trees, there are Pagan rituals taking place, so we do not stay there for long, so as not to stop their rituals.

And, finally a working bridge that has been standing for as long as my city has stood: the suspension bridge. Rumor has it that one of the slaves that were working was caught stealing the over-seers meal for his starving family and was interred in the base of bridge. Of course, observing common sense, we will be taking the necessary items to keep us safe: salt, water, legal daggers/a walking staff, a satchel of marbles (ghost are known to be obsessive-compulsive and are compelled to count what you throw at them.), flashlights, and amulets hand made by me to ward off possession/supernatural assaults. The most important thing though?: Always stay together.

Wish I could visit the Alamo, but I live hundreds of miles of there.

And a camera. I'll post up things I find interesting.

Now that I have shared my plans (if this takes off I may tell a few stories), now you all tell me what you're planning to do this month.
Post edited by Murcas - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Honestly, I'm scared from reading your plans alone xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I wish Halloween was more celebrated in Australia :/

I mean as a kid I did go trick-a-treating once or twice, but It wasn't a big thing and still isn't a big thing, It looks like so much fun!! Some day I'm going to come to the US and have a halloween with you people >;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.