Bosses and BHs with a Psychic

Options
mrcharlytoo
mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Psychic
I've just started playing a psychic and have a lot to learn.

Can people give tips for dealing with bosses and running in BHs for beginning psychics?

I've managed to work out that having Black Voodoo on is a bad idea when I'm tackling a boss.
Post edited by mrcharlytoo on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    -You can stay in Black Voodoo and not attract aggro.

-Use Bubble of Life/Empower Vigor (on the tank) if they're having trouble staying alive

-Space your attacks with Torrent, Sand Trap and Soulburn (DoTs) inbetween

-Use Diminish Vigor if they have a self heal effect (and whoever's tanking doesn't need Empower Vigor). You probably won't see this till much MUCH later down.

-Wearing Soul of Retaliation may give you a moment to hit a potion and switch to White Voodoo if you think you're about to take aggro since it absorbs a portion of the damage you take in one hit

-Note that some bosses have physical damaging AoEs at close range (Farren, Myriadtail, Rankar, Polearm, Guarnob(?), ect), so it may be better to keep a good amount of distance from them

The rest will come with practice and experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited October 2013
    Options
    That's useful, thanks.

How about the general role of a psychic in a BH squad?

I guess it is as DD, protection for Cleric, erm, interrupt boss casting with Soul of Silence (would that work if cast on barb when fighting Pole in BH69?). What else?
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Pretty much what Euthymius said in groups... I will add :

- Do NOT throw soul of Vengeance or Soul of Silence on anyone else unless you ask them first and they say yes. (Soul of Vengeance will sap up the mana of any tank pretty damn quickly, making them unable to use skills... Unless you go Sage later at 89+ as this skill in Sage path uses 0 mana then)... (As for clerics, many do not like SoV because they get enough aggro from healing, last thing a lot want is something to add aggro if they should happen to get it)...
    on my barb and cleric, I still love getting them psy buffs ;p

So there are all your basics for grouping for such things covered.

Now IF you happen to be talking about soloing such things... White Voodoo is your best friend... Genie skills will be a must... and very brief time periods of Black Voodoo during boss battles. You will have to pay especial attention to what bosses are doing to debuff you and/or buff themselves up. It is all about survival and preparation... leading up to pounding out the goods... rebuilding back up again, survival and preparation... rinse and repeat...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Can you cast Soul of Silence on a tank and hence have auto-block the sort of nasty attacks that Pole likes to dish out?
  • Korpinsulka - Raging Tide
    Korpinsulka - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Silence/stun/immobilize/sleep and some other debuffs typically dont work on bosses and it drains barb's mana so no, do not SOS the barb.