Two suggestions in 1.... (1 for bm, 2nd for nws)

Slivaf - Dreamweaver
Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Suggestion Box
I am well aware that many people are against the idea of giving bms any kind of boost... but bare with me, it is and has never been my intention to make them invincible beasts taking on armies of people, but still I do believe prior to true end game gear bms leave a lot to the imagination (aka they're quite lackluster) about how strong they are in true end game gear.

Anyways without further ado here's suggestion number 1:

1. (A skill for bms) Yes I realize this is all a suggestion and it may get changed if they decide to implement it but here they are anyways. :$

Mana: (TBD)
Cooldown: 30 seconds. (NO cooldown if you want it to cost 2 sparks or more EDIT: This is meant for the devs, and not us... we wouldn't get the option to choose whether or not it took a cooldown or not)
Channel: 1.0 Seconds
Cast .2 Seconds
Weapon: Any

Skill Lvl: 100

Requiste Cultivation: Celestial Demon/Sage

Name: Divine Protection

Description: This skill prevents you (the blademaster) from getting attacked by more than one person at a time. Lasts for only 15 seconds. The highest damage done to the bm will be the one that gets counted. (Does NOT work while carrying the flag in nw.)

----

2. (Nation wars)

Make it so that not the whole of a single map is enabled for multi way pvp. Unless of course its imperative that the others get you down as soon as possible. (I.E: Carrying the flag/capture points/pick up or drop off points)

EDIT: What I meant by this is to make it so that 1 on 1 fights can occur in NW... unless in a spot where people need to get you down ASAP... ie those flag points, capture, and drop off, etc. (you WILL have an unremovable buff that gets put on you while carrying the flag that will ALLOW everyone to attack you.)
Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
Post edited by Slivaf - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• importancestuff
    importancestuff Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello Silvaf, while I agree that the Blademaster class could use a boost I do not believe this is a good way to go about it.

Reason 1.

I do not believe PWE has the technology to implement a skill that can change cooldowns based on certain conditions, much less give the user the ability to choose which version of the skill they would like to use.

Reason 2.

Without the limitation of reason one, I believe a skill that has no cooldown in exchange for the consumption of two sparks is imbalanced. Imbalanced in a much similar way to that of Tidal Protection, being that without the class in question is somewhat inferior. (though in the Blademaster's case, the skill you suggest would not do as much as Tidal Protection)

Though, with this in mind, it has been established that there is a such thing as overcompensation. Though something is not currently where we may want it to be, that doesn't mean the scales should be tipped to a point where that thing becomes overpowered. This has been the case with both Assassins and Purify Spell (under certain conditions), though Assassins required no change to class skills or weapon procs as Tidal Protection has been around since their inception in the Tideborn release.

Thank you for reading, I do hope my opinion is useful to you Silvaf. Good luck with your thread!
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Hello Silvaf, while I agree that the Blademaster class could use a boost I do not believe this is a good way to go about it.

Reason 1.

I do not believe PWE has the technology to implement a skill that can change cooldowns based on certain conditions, much less give the user the ability to choose which version of the skill they would like to use.

Reason 2.

Without the limitation of reason one, I believe a skill that has no cooldown in exchange for the consumption of two sparks is imbalanced. Imbalanced in a much similar way to that of Tidal Protection, being that without the class in question is somewhat inferior. (though in the Blademaster's case, the skill you suggest would not do as much as Tidal Protection)

Though, with this in mind, it has been established that there is a such thing as overcompensation. Though something is not currently where we may want it to be, that doesn't mean the scales should be tipped to a point where that thing becomes overpowered. This has been the case with both Assassins and Purify Spell (under certain conditions), though Assassins required no change to class skills or weapon procs as Tidal Protection has been around since their inception in the Tideborn release.

Thank you for reading, I do hope my opinion is useful to you Silvaf. Good luck with your thread!

Oi, I see what you mean, I definitely didn't want the option ourself. :$ <3 (I edited my first post to reflect that.)

As for the second part the reason why I for one would prefer it not to have a cooldown IF it cost 2 sparks is quite simple... the fact that bms use insane amounts of chi else where with their other skills... (even with apo.. the likely hood of them always having 2 sparks + the chi needed for their other skills + that one if it costed 2 sparks is quite unlikely) I for one don't think that sacrficing our crowd control skills for a 'defensive' skill that would still easily allow us to still get one shot espeically if we aren't geared for pvp regardlessly... would be good nor useful for the class at all... it would imho be like putting a bandaid over a bullet wound... it would slow the bleeding down a whole lot, but the bullet would remain. (seriously dont try using a band aid to stop the bleeding of a gun shot/serious wound)... (Aka it would just be a very crappy temporary fix, that would have no guarentees of actually keeping you in the frey.)

Perhaps a better analogy would be this:... Another skill (for bms) that takes 2 or more sparks, with a longish cooldown... would imho be like putting a bandaid/duct tape on a hole in a ship it may get you further/closer to your 'goal point', but there is no guarentees it will hold up especially in uncalm waters. (Like nw is for everyone)

I do get your concerns though I really do, still the amount of chi a bm uses even with apo/genies... they do consume a lot of it, without any real "badass" way of regaining it... that is what I am worried about. :$

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • importancestuff
    importancestuff Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oi, I see what you mean, I definitely didn't want the option ourself. :$ <3 (I edited my first post to reflect that.)

As for the second part the reason why I for one would prefer it not to have a cooldown IF it cost 2 sparks is quite simple... the fact that bms use insane amounts of chi else where with their other skills... (even with apo.. the likely hood of them always having 2 sparks + the chi needed for their other skills + that one if it costed 2 sparks is quite unlikely) I for one don't think that sacrficing our crowd control skills for a 'defensive' skill that would still easily allow us to still get one shot espeically if we aren't geared for pvp regardlessly... would be good nor useful for the class at all... it would imho be like putting a bandaid over a bullet wound... it would slow the bleeding down a whole lot, but the bullet would remain. (seriously dont try using a band aid to stop the bleeding of a gun shot/serious wound)... (Aka it would just be a very crappy temporary fix, that would have no guarentees of actually keeping you in the frey.)

Perhaps a better analogy would be this:... Another skill (for bms) that takes 2 or more sparks, with a longish cooldown... would imho be like putting a bandaid/duct tape on a hole in a ship it may get you further/closer to your 'goal point', but there is no guarentees it will hold up especially in uncalm waters. (Like nw is for everyone)

I do get your concerns though I really do, still the amount of chi a bm uses even with apo/genies... they do consume a lot of it, without any real "badass" way of regaining it... that is what I am worried about. :$

I am in agreement about the chi issue, Blademasters exhaust it very quickly with results that are very lackluster, as you put it. I believe an increase to skill damage and/or reducing the amount of strength required to reach the next damage modifier would help to better balance the class without having to adjust any skills. The next best solution in my opinion would be to reduce the cost of certain skills by a set amount depending on the skill. However, I doubt the second option would ever be considered as the game assigns basic skills of increasing power every so often and spark skills, which come come in intervals of 1, 2, and 3 sparks required to use.

The best way to approach this would be option one, or a series of new skills that cost little to no chi on a reasonable cooldown that have either high damage or a crowd control effect other than stun. Stuns are rendered very ineffectual given that most genies are geared towards breaking them, however Silence, Sleep, and Freeze remain very solid effects. (Though freeze will not prevent the opponent from using skills, so mostly it would be used as an aid to land other forms of CC.) Or perhaps some combination of both.

The issue would be coming up with skills that would tie in with the class and not tip the scales too highly in their favor. Rather than give them higher survivability given them something to allow for them to deal better damage, they are Blademasters and as that name implies they should be able to have a wide mastery of different weapon types. Were option three to be implemented though, other classes would also need new skills to compensate and we could very well end up back at square one depending on the function of their new skills.

Also, I do apologize for misinterpreting your original post.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    I am in agreement about the chi issue, Blademasters exhaust it very quickly with results that are very lackluster, as you put it. I believe an increase to skill damage and/or reducing the amount of strength required to reach the next damage modifier would help to better balance the class without having to adjust any skills. The next best solution in my opinion would be to reduce the cost of certain skills by a set amount depending on the skill. However, I doubt the second option would ever be considered as the game assigns basic skills of increasing power every so often and spark skills, which come come in intervals of 1, 2, and 3 sparks required to use.

The best way to approach this would be option one, or a series of new skills that cost little to no chi on a reasonable cooldown that have either high damage or a crowd control effect other than stun. Stuns are rendered very ineffectual given that most genies are geared towards breaking them, however Silence, Sleep, and Freeze remain very solid effects. (Though freeze will not prevent the opponent from using skills, so mostly it would be used as an aid to land other forms of CC.) Or perhaps some combination of both.

The issue would be coming up with skills that would tie in with the class and not tip the scales too highly in their favor. Rather than give them higher survivability given them something to allow for them to deal better damage, they are Blademasters and as that name implies they should be able to have a wide mastery of different weapon types. Were option three to be implemented though, other classes would also need new skills to compensate and we could very well end up back at square one depending on the function of their new skills.

Also, I do apologize for misinterpreting your original post.

Don't worry about it at all, I completely understand why you misinterpreted it. (After rereading it I can see why you/anoyone not in my mind would misinterpret it. <3)

Aye I do agree that they need to tread carefully when implmenting any new skill, they definitely shouldn't want to make any class so unkillable that it becomes a 100% preferred class regardless of instance. (I don't know if I am being baised but I do believe that the skill weaknesses can be exploited with quite a bit of ease... 15 seconds of 'free time' for any and all to do what they normally do to bms, and that is take them out with a quite a bit of ease.... hell from my description status effects from the others would still get 'through' as the way I described it makes it sounds like damage only is the only thing that would be stopped. Sheesh that sounds scary. D: xD) Still I do feel that it is a step up than anything else suggested/what bms have at the moment.

I love how you put that "bm's put out an extraordinary amount of chi with a very lackluster result/return." <-- Paraphrasing a bit from memory. You didn't even mention the evil *** proc on r9r3 caster weapons. So much better than the way I was saying it. :$

As for the part I bolded... I would love to see that happen/agreed with the rest of it that doesn't pertain to bms getting a 'boost'... :$ but yea we would indeed be back at the they would need to be careful part lest they want bms to be insanely overpowered. (not something I want)

• Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    not bad, but part of me will still say i think Def level buff be nice for all class that dont have .
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think Bms would be boosted if purify proc is removed. As it stands, the main goal of Bms -> stun locking is useless versus purify.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't think the skill you suggest would be accepted neither by the comunity nor by the game devs, beacuse 1st of all, ultra OP bms would turn into gods, nearly invincible for 15s then they would wait only 15 and turn invincibility on again. Doesn't sound balanced.

Now, if they made some sort of unpurifiable stun, that would be yet an OP thing, but easier to accept.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    I don't think the skill you suggest would be accepted neither by the comunity nor by the game devs, beacuse 1st of all, ultra OP bms would turn into gods, nearly invincible for 15s then they would wait only 15 and turn invincibility on again. Doesn't sound balanced.

Now, if they made some sort of unpurifiable stun, that would be yet an OP thing, but easier to accept.

First off, let me state something that I stated in the thread here.

I am fully aware that just because something has it weaknesses as does that pos proc, it does not mean it isn't oped.

Still bare with me, and think of all the potential each of my points have in making this skill quite the situational one.

(In no particular order)

1. The LENGTHY channeling, it could easily be interrupted when the bm is in the midst of a battle.

2. Even if the bm is smart and uses will of bodhisttva with it, there is still plenty of ways to lock down the bm, or even just simply interrupt his or her channeling, which would mean they would have to run away and find a spot they could use it. Not to mention WOB has a 60 second cooldown, which would make it difficult to spam those two skills in unison making it easier to lockdown/prevent the bm from even using it. (Yes there is apo, but their cooldown is even longer than WOB.) EDIT: Aye there are genies as well... but I can't think of a single skill on a genie that would allow a bm to use the skill while being ganked.

3. It CAN be purged... which in hindsight I think that is kind of sucky. (EDIT:) As much as I may hate to admit this... this seems like it may very well be a necessary evil.

4. Think about the limit of it, where I said and I quote. "It can NOT be used in places where people need to get you down ASAP." Ergo it wouldn't work near the flags, crystals, capture points pickup or drop off, nor would it work in EITHER faction base... places like those.

Then take a look at all the skills that could potentially force a bm back into one of those locations where the skill would be rendered useless. (Granted there is only 2 I can think off of the top of my head.) Still there is reel in, and there is the mystics knockback that works in pvp. (Perhaps they could do something a bit similar to that for other classes to make it seem less 'useful' but I do feel it has quite a few things that is more than holding it back and then some.)... Something like this skill could potentially bring a lot more bms back into mass pvp... meaning disarm would be more at the ready to combat that pesky *** proc casters have, and there would be more bms to potentially reel in the bm back into a place where people can go monkey ape **** on that bm, and killing the bm with quite a bit of ease... (though YES bm's in end game gear become WAY harder to kill)... still this skill has it's weaknesses.

I am so thinking there are other points I could potentially bring up, but that is all I can do at the moment, have to go afk /o\.

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Believe Underdogs May Pwn

in other words Bump RAWR!

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The problems here are implementation issues and technical limitations. Restricting a skill's use by location ("cannot be used in bases", etc.) is rather absurd (not to mention if a skill is overpowered enough to have to do that, it probably shouldn't exist to begin with). On top of that - how do you define "attacked by one person at a time?" Multiple people could be hitting you in increments of, say, 0.5s - some directly, some via AoE - and how do you distinguish one of them to take damage from while ignoring the rest? It's not reasonably implementable.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    The problems here are implementation issues and technical limitations. Restricting a skill's use by location ("cannot be used in bases", etc.) is rather absurd (not to mention if a skill is overpowered enough to have to do that, it probably shouldn't exist to begin with). On top of that - how do you define "attacked by one person at a time?" Multiple people could be hitting you in increments of, say, 0.5s - some directly, some via AoE - and how do you distinguish one of them to take damage from while ignoring the rest? It's not reasonably implementable.

There could be a (de)buff that gets applied to everyone while in those zones and it would prevent the bm from using it, I do absolutely agree and understand that it is far easier said than done. Still though I think it would be an interesting skill for bms to have.