Kniraven PvP/TW/NW Videos

Kniraven - Lost City
Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Blademaster
I apologize for the misleading titles but I have not actually posted any videos here yet.
First I wanted to explain a potential issue and then to ask something.

I play PWI on 2 Laptops. My preferred gaming controls are keyboard + touchpad

One is very high end processor, dedicated graphics, 12G Ram
On this computer I can play max graphics + run fraps w/ minimum "lag" even in very populated areas w/ many effects.
Unfortunately, the touchpad is a bit vexing for this computer. It does not have mouse buttons. Instead, it has a space on the touchpad I can tap which act as buttons. This gives me some difficulty when controlling my toon and my overall play performance is hindered.

Two is a cheaper model. It is more than the minimum requirements for playing PWI but that isn't saying a lot. It can't handle max graphics without falling behind. On this model though, I love the keyboard and mousepad size + setup. I can control my toon very well and perform as best the hardware will allow.

MY QUESTION TO YOU GUYS (Bare in mind my intent is to gain an audience):

Would you rather watch PvP/TW/NW Videos on maximum graphics from a BM played/controlled less than perfectly?

OR

Would you rather watch PvP/TW/NW Videos on minimum graphics from a BM played/controlled with more considerable skill?

Also feel free to suggest BM PvP Music :)

I'll upload my first vid here when I feel I've gotten a decent reply from the BM community.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kniraven - Lost City on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Reserved
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Rather watch bm played well at 480p. Than HD with lots of mistakes, though they could be educational showing how to deal with mistakes made.

Could you record on both or are you worrying about cost of recording/editing programs? You know like really important recordings/1v1s on lower quality laptop, messing about/more casual videos on higher qual one.

Final thought: How do you play with touchpad!?! b:shocked mouse or gtfo for me :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Watch out, here comes the Touchpad Terror.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    @Adroit, i have my preference and it doesn't limit my ability. The only difference between the functionality of a touchpad vs a mouse is where i place my hands.
    Please just pick from the 2 options ^^

@Unholly
    Left hand hits wasd + f keys/#s

Right hand manipulates mouse pad, thumb holding down right mouse button and index finger dragging for screen rotation or hitting space bar to jump. Left hand thumb can also hit space bar in the event right hand is too occupied.

I might be able to upload a video if you're interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    @Adroit, i have my preference and it doesn't limit my ability. The only difference between the functionality of a touchpad vs a mouse is where i place my hands.
    Please just pick from the 2 options ^^

highly highly doubt that
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    highly highly doubt that

That's nice, but you still haven't addressed the topic of the OP and answered my question bout hich of the two options listed you wuld prefer to watch or suggested music

If you want to continue to debate the functionality of my control choice I can either:

A.) converse in PMs wth you.
    B.) converse openl in a seperate thread if you want input from others or an audience.

On topic:
    I like nightcore and dubstep for a lot of pvp videos but does anyone else here listen to metal? Would that be a good genre for a pvp video?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    That's nice, but you still haven't addressed the topic of the OP and answered my question bout hich of the two options listed you wuld prefer to watch or suggested music

If you want to continue to debate the functionality of my control choice I can either:

B.) converse openl in a seperate thread if you want input from others or an audience.

On topic:
    I like nightcore and dubstep for a lot of pvp videos but does anyone else here listen to metal? Would that be a good genre for a pvp video?

>Listen to music
    >Find music you enjoy
    >Use said music for videos
    >????
    >profit

Common sense mang

Now everyone beware, the Mouse-free Murderer is on his way.
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    >Listen to music Baby baby baby oowwww, baby baby baby oowwww
    >Find music you enjoy He is now infected with the beiber fever
    >Use said music for videos The infection will spread!!!
    >????
    >profit? b:shocked

You should be ashamed! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2013

On topic:

I think neither option is good, hence I gave you a 3rd option.. go buy a $5 mouse and pk more effectively than you can on either touchpad that you've been using while using your faster computer. Quit being a derp.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Meh someone just close this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    A final farewell to the Clickless Coolguy

Man. These are actually kind of hard to think of.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Some people do play somewhat effectively on the touchpad, which, while it confounds me, I have to appreciate as being possible. What I'd like to hear more about is why somebody would CHOOSE a mousepad over a mouse.

Possible advantages:

1) desk you work at is REALLY small
    2) easier to move right hand from mousepad to keyboard when typing
    3) other?

Possible disadvantages:

1) loss of fine control
    2) slower clicking
    3) palm moves mouse point around when you don't want it to
    4) other?

I hate using mousepad personally, but that doesn't mean it would be impossible to to do well with one. Again, I'm just interested in why somebody would choose to not use a mouse (when as Adroit pointed out, they are so cheap).

Well?
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd prefer you show skill rather than graphics. I think most of us have to pk/tw/nw with our graphics turned all the way down anyway otherwise lag becomes a major issue. Get 80 v 80 in TW and everyone is in your base you can barely move.

I also prefer actual speed rather than 2x so that... I can actually tell whats happening rather than just get the jist. I won't watch most 2x vids.

I don't really like metal music for tw vids for a few reason. Half the time I open it and am blasted (at 4 am with my wife and son sleeping) with bad music. The other reason I'm not a fan is most pk is largely boring, kiting, setting up kills, waiting through locks, vying for position, waiting for cds, building chi... There is no reason I need someone screaming at me while a drummer plays 200 bpm while I watch a pwi character saunter around.

Still, best answer was this:
    go buy a $5 mouse and pk more effectively than you can on either touchpad that you've been using while using your faster computer. Quit being a derp.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    Some people do play somewhat effectively on the touchpad, which, while it confounds me, I have to appreciate as being possible. What I'd like to hear more about is why somebody would CHOOSE a mousepad over a mouse.

Possible advantages:

1) desk you work at is REALLY small
    2) easier to move right hand from mousepad to keyboard when typing
    3) other?

Possible disadvantages:

1) loss of fine control
    2) slower clicking
    3) palm moves mouse point around when you don't want it to
    4) other?

I hate using mousepad personally, but that doesn't mean it would be impossible to to do well with one. Again, I'm just interested in why somebody would choose to not use a mouse (when as Adroit pointed out, they are so cheap).

Well?

I have never had any of the disadvantages you suggested and can't see why anyone would other than less personal experience with that particular control.

I have less fine control with the mouse because I'm not used to it and it makes me clumsy.
    Additionally i can't hit keys with my right hand as easily when i use one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013

Mods seem to be dropping the ball.
    I have never had any of the disadvantages you suggested and can't see why anyone would other than less personal experience with that particular control.

I have less fine control with the mouse because I'm not used to it and it makes me clumsy.
    Additionally i can't hit keys with my right hand as easily when i use one.

Look Keyboard Killer (seriously someone close this, I'm pretty much) habit does not mean your method is better. You may be better using it now, but once you learn the more efficient method you could become far better. I used to have Smack, Reckless Rush, and Drake's Bash at spots on my hotkeys where I'd have to click them and that would cost me valuable time and could cause me to lose out on getting a well timed seal, stun, or even kill with Reckless. Once I moved them so that they were hotkeyed I did worse initially, but after I became used to it I did much better than before.

Let go of your pride, stop holding yourself back, and get a mouse.

Or go through with this, record with a touchpad, and get laughed at for poor performance.

Or I guess be better than anyone with a mouse, but even then we'll still laugh at you because you use a touchpad.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    There are no limitations whatsoever to using a touchpad compared to a traditional mouse.
    The mouse's sensitivity, speed, and any auto-aim are all software.

As for your sad attempt to belittle me Zanryu, your example and the subject are as different as night and day.

It's like telling somebody not to be left handed.
    There is absolutely no functional difference
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    There are no limitations whatsoever to using a touchpad compared to a traditional mouse.
    The mouse's sensitivity, speed, and any auto-aim are all software.

As for your sad attempt to belittle me Zanryu, your example and the subject are as different as night and day.

It's like telling somebody not to be left handed.
    There is absolutely no functional difference

I don't know where your love of touchpad comes from, but there is no way you can get to things as quickly as you can with a mouse. I'm almost tempted to think you've never really used a mouse before.. your arguments actually kinda remind me of stuff I heard when someone was trying to convince me that there was no advantage to using a smart phone compared to an older phone.. just absolute nonsense.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    I don't know where your love of touchpad comes from, but there is no way you can get to things as quickly as you can with a mouse. I'm almost tempted to think you've never really used a mouse before.. your arguments actually kinda remind me of stuff I heard when someone was trying to convince me that there was no advantage to using a smart phone compared to an older phone.. just absolute nonsense.

You accuse me of not using a mouse.

I accuse you of not knowing how mice work.

As I stated earlier, the speed at which my cursor moves is controlled by software. By moving just my index finer I can rapidly move my cursor to any point on my screen. People adjust their mouse sensitivity, cursor speed, auto aim, as well as other things through a settings menu.

Arguing that I can't move my cursor as fast is what is really nonsense.
    Additionally, your comparison is ironic as the mouse predates the touchpad by about the same amount a smart phone is predated by an older model cell.

Instead of insulting my intelligence, why don't you try and tell me something I can't do with a touch pad that you can with a standard mouse? As far as the Computer itself is concerned, they are the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Junk

Instead of insulting my intelligence, why don't you try and tell me something I can't do with a touch pad that you can with a standard mouse? As far as the Computer itself is concerned, they are the same thing.

Play well.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    You accuse me of not using a mouse.

I accuse you of not knowing how mice work.

As I stated earlier, the speed at which my cursor moves is controlled by software. By moving just my index finer I can rapidly move my cursor to any point on my screen. People adjust their mouse sensitivity, cursor speed, auto aim, as well as other things through a settings menu.

Arguing that I can't move my cursor as fast is what is really nonsense.
    Additionally, your comparison is ironic as the mouse predates the touchpad by about the same amount a smart phone is predated by an older model cell.

Well if all that matters to you is that you CAN do something, then surely using Stephen Hawking's method to communicate to the world (little twitches in his cheecks) could also be used to pk effectively in pwi, right? No, of course not. Just because an interface exists that can move the cursor around does not mean it is efficient. I've tried to pk on my laptop without an external mouse before, it is extremely awkward and slow (and I'm certainly not the only person who has experienced this). Sure you can increase the sensitivity so that the cursor jumps from one side to the screen to the other, but then it is more difficult to stop where you want it.. and there is no way around the fact that it is not well suited for pvp.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013

Sorry didn't see this before, closed at request of the op

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.