Pwi is now a dating website. Next up, How to catch a predator.

Options
XxStormy - Harshlands
XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=986021

Can I be the first to say What in the HELL pwi? f:melon
What does everyone think of this? And an UNDER 18 option? b:shocked f:farewell

Hi, I'm Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC, Why don't you take a seat.

Pwi, you have gone TOO far this time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by XxStormy - Harshlands on

Comments

• NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Way Too Far >.>
    1st comment \o/
    I will come back and join the flames when things get more heated >.>
    it should be because it is.
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I find it quite amusing :o It seems more like a funny thing, but it could have some pros along with the creepy sugar daddy cons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    P-harmonyb:victoryb:chuckle this is one of the instances where being a male is quite helpful ^_^. No one to worry about bothering me on this thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear
    PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is another step towards making pwi an online dating service. Kids play this game, and you want them to find a lover? This game is not really suited for kids anymore. Please pwi, change this matching system or remove it.
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Its not like half the time people arent trying 'date' someones avatar in teh first place.
    But if this is about the new perfect match thing (which im sure it is) I was under the impression it was about finding partners to play with. WHICH.... is what FACTIONS ARE FOR, Or maybe I am totally wrong about that.

Anyway

NEON NEON - He's our man, if he can burn this thread ,

I sure as hell can.. b:angryb:thanksb:cute

EDIT: Holy WTF Batman, I just read the thread about this, and omg it says are you looking for a friend a mentor or maybe a Lover.
    I withdraw all my cute comments above >.> and am now just ashamed of my game for a moment....
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Reminds me of this post:
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Just wanted to drop in and remind you all that the US version of Perfect World doesn't necessarily receive everything that the Chinese version does.

So..... don't hold out for dating services just yet, okay? :P

- Val

Silly val.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm not going to be the only one putting in completely false data and gender, right? :3

And lol. That's one step towards nerds. Honestly, there's so many creeps and horny teens on my server, the drama arising from this will be hilarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I sure as hell hope there's an opt out option, whether it's literally 'opt out', or you can just leave it alone period.f:gross
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Countessia - Dreamweaver
    Countessia - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    While I know this is really creepy...I still can't stop laughing about it! I mean....find a lover? *coughs and attempts to hold her mirth in* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The reward of patience is patience b:heart
    Thanks to Chibiusa for the pretty siggy b:cute
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Giving total strangers the chance to meet up and have fun is bad? The new system I strongly believe is optional, and I have doubts its any worse than facebook or myspace back in its hay day.

I for one welcome this thing, people never join chat rooms in game anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yay more ways for people to creep on each other.
    Idk I do play PWI for some of the social aspects but imo this is going way to far. Its a video game not a dating service (and this is coming from someone who ironically met her irl husband on pwi...the difference for me is I wasn't looking for it. PWI isn't 18+ so I think this is a bit inappropriate)

I was hoping when they said they were introducing a networking system it was gonna be more of a group finder like other mmos have. (Yes I know pwi has wc but its still a pain for newer players and low lvls)

To each their own I guess tho. As long as its not required I guess it doesn't phase me yet until I see the added new WC drama
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Well my newly played Sin called Pantys is going to get stalked like hell D: I just had to use that Name.

I guess it has a few pro's and con's alot of lower lvl people dont have friends and i guess its easier for them to get help.
    (that sounded so rude haha, didn't mean it like that)

though if i get a creepy message from somebody ill gladly sit there and be like uh no go aways..
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    "Find lover"

...Why

As if there weren't enough creeps already roaming on the servers f:sweat
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If everyone treats this like grown-ups, it wouldn't be too bad. The problem is that PWI is opening themselves up to a lot of legal issues by having no form of age verification for each account.

I will say that I recently had someone I met in game hop on a plane and come visit me for a week. It was very pleasant, and this is no different than meeting someone online in any other way.

Actually our species seems to have become so frightened of one another that you're going to have the same problems no matter what you do. It's becoming ingrained in us to hate each other, distrust each other, and think each other guilty until proven innocent. That's regardless of meeting online or in person.
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    "Find lover"

...Why

As if there weren't enough creeps already roaming on the servers f:sweat

Wedding Pack sales, it's PWE.
    b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Your all perverts because this is the first place your mind went...the first thing I thought was "I'm gonna use it to troll people" b:laugh
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Definitely agree with helping the lower levels. Especially with BHs, culti etc. When I'm not questing or soloing TT that's what I do in my spare time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Wheee, Kitty's going to log in right when servers are back up and do the match thing first. Then most ppl logging in soon after the maintenance see Kitty as one of the matches and Kitty can stalk even more efficiently. f:grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If everyone treats this like grown-ups, it wouldn't be too bad. The problem is that PWI is opening themselves up to a lot of legal issues by having no form of age verification for each account.

I will say that I recently had someone I met in game hop on a plane and come visit me for a week. It was very pleasant, and this is no different than meeting someone online in any other way.

Actually our species seems to have become so frightened of one another that you're going to have the same problems no matter what you do. It's becoming ingrained in us to hate each other, distrust each other, and think each other guilty until proven innocent. That's regardless of meeting online or in person.

I'm not sure i trust you...f:scared
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    SyntherosX can now make applications via the perfect match system for his next wife.

#trophyhusband #mynameissyntherosxandimthebest
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm quite sure a lot of people will use it to troll others.
    I find it silly but I also think it's a possible way to meet new people.

There will be people to use it to troll, people using it seriously and people using it just to find a friend -shrugs- Just don't use it and ignore it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear
    PlayfulSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Wheee, Kitty's going to log in right when servers are back up and do the match thing first. Then most ppl logging in soon after the maintenance see Kitty as one of the matches and Kitty can stalk even more efficiently. f:grin

b:laugh

I just want to add to my first post in this thread, that I find the idea of getting some help to find friends in game a good thing, it is the find a lover option that I dislike. I think it would be a nice system without that option.
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm not sure i trust you...f:scared

*snort* b:chuckle

Well I'm pretty sure you're guilty of something! And until I prove you innocent of something you didn't do, I'm gonna... do absolutely nothing because I'm lazy like that.

b:cute
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm quite sure a lot of people will use it to troll others.

Are you saying I'm not actually a blonde baywatch dude looking for a boyfriend? :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • bobyjoee
    bobyjoee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Cant wait to see how this will turn out f:hehe
  • Rivi_V - Heavens Tear
    Rivi_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This reminds me of the guy who was World Chatting; "Looking for a GF" in Heavens Tea b:shocked
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited September 2013
    Options
    b:laugh

I just want to add to my first post in this thread, that I find the idea of getting some help to find friends in game a good thing, it is the find a lover option that I dislike. I think it would be a nice system without that option.

A certain barb on RT will certainly misuse that option. Misuse it much. All ladies, run to the shelters f:horror
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

+1 conscious thought is a beautiful thing more than it is a dangerous one....DAMN YOU NETWORK NEWS b:angry
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg