Resize UI without changing Resolution

Options
DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Support Desk
So nab question, I play on resolution 1920x1080 as thats the native resolution of my monitor but I prefer the UI size (bigger skill boxes etc) of 1280x720 but I don't like the resolution of 1280x720.

Is there a way that I can do this, there is a check box called UI size but maybe I'm not using it right it doesn't seem to do anything.

Apologies if this has been asked before or if I'm in the wrong section.

Thanks in advance. b:thanks
DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
Post edited by DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Basically, no. If checking the box doesn't change the UI size for you, then you're on a higher resolution than it will affect. IIRC, it works on 800x600 or smaller. (Might be 1024x768, but I can't remember for sure if it worked on that resolution or not.)

Game engine is 10 years old now, it wasn't designed for multi-core processors, much less HD resolutions.

There may be a way to "****" the files to adjust the UI size, but that is again't the TOS.

Interestingly enough though, the UI boxes scale fine when I'm on my 24" desktop at 1920x1080, but when I put it on my 42" TV at the same resolution, it's completely different. I keep meaning to look into why that is, but haven't ever had the free time for it, and other projects tend to come first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]