this week's sale

shashahah
shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
what happened to it? am i the only one missing the items in boutique which r on sale on EU server (storage sale)? do we even get a special sale this week?

edit: sry almost forgot, cosmic packs are on sale, too..
Post edited by shashahah on

Comments

• Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    shashahah wrote: »
    what happened to it? am i the only one missing the items in boutique which r on sale on EU server (storage sale)? do we even get a special sale this week?

No, im sure the idea of giving everyone multiple mounts, and not putting the account stash stone on sale along with storage, was planned out perfectly. That's a good way to make money. Everyone gets, 5+ new mounts and other stuff, half the server doesn't have account stash stones or storage cuz they making new accounts and toons, but needs them. So, don't put them on sale yet so that people pay full price, then next week put them on sale. This is why they allow dual clienting, power leveling, and r9 is always on sale. The more toons you make, your going to need storage on each toon, account stashing and so on. Giving everyone multiple mounts all these years on anniversary is not a mistake, it's planned. Only this year, they not only gave you the code for all the mounts, but you also got the single mount that you get for the amount of years you've been here.
    shashahah wrote: »

It's funny too. I was talking to my girl and I told her that I would bet that account stash stones and storage will be the next sale.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No, im sure the idea of giving everyone multiple mounts, and not putting the account stash stone on sale along with storage, was planned out perfectly. That's a good way to make money. Everyone gets, 5+ new mounts and other stuff, half the server doesn't have account stash stones or storage cuz they making new accounts and toons, but needs them. So, don't put them on sale yet so that people pay full price, then next week put them on sale. This is why they allow dual clienting, power leveling, and r9 is always on sale. The more toons you make, your going to need storage on each toon, account stashing and so on. Giving everyone multiple mounts all these years on anniversary is not a mistake, it's planned. Only this year, they not only gave you the code for all the mounts, but you also got the single mount that you get for the amount of years you've been here.

LOL so true! Was thinking same thing b:chuckle
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    mounts can't be stashed though
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited September 2013
    mounts can't be stashed though

they can, all but snake. Snake is only one that cant be acc stash.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No, im sure the idea of giving everyone multiple mounts, and not putting the account stash stone on sale along with storage, was planned out perfectly.
    Need account stash stone right now for 2 mounts only? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    they can, all but snake. Snake is only one that cant be acc stash.

:O

interesting
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited September 2013
    Need account stash stone right now for 2 mounts only? lol

If you got only 2 mounts you better send ticket right now :)
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    If you got only 2 mounts you better send ticket right now :)
    Forgot a fox, but not all are here for 5 years, most will get 2-3 mounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    edited September 2013
    Forgot a fox, but not all are here for 5 years, most will get 2-3 mounts.

When you go to the link, the code gives your toon that you choose ALL the mounts, including the Jade Unicorn and all the other goodies(charms, tele stones etc.). Doesn't matter how old the account is. I could be made today, and if you use that code for that toon, it will get all mounts. But like I said, it's purposly done so that you HAVE to get an account stash stone if you have one, and storage if your running low. This ploy happens every year, and right afterwards, they have a storage sale. I'm guessing the plan is, have people buy storage n stash at full price for a week or so, knowing people will need it, then put the sale on. It's a good idea.
    edited September 2013
    Another plan of theirs is, if they give you 5 mounts, and you only have 3 toons, you're more than likely going to make 2 more toons for those mounts. Eventually you'll play on them, which means more money. Good plan. Same with the dreamchaser packs. Advertise on FB, make 2 new toons, send each toon a dreamchaser pack, get free mounts for the toons. It's incentive to have you make more toons and a reason to play on them. b:victory
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited September 2013
    if you use that code for that toon, it will get all mounts. But like I said, it's purposly done so that you HAVE to get an account stash stone...
    Nobody forces you to buy it right now. If you really need all these mounts, keep them on 1 char for a while and wait for sale. I just don't understand the emergency =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    edited September 2013
    Nobody forces you to buy it right now. If you really need all these mounts, keep them on 1 char for a while and wait for sale. I just don't understand the emergency =)

I totally agree. But of the thousands and thousands of players, how many do you think are impatient? How many are using daddy's credit card? How many do you think want it RIGHT NOW? How many do you think feel they have to hurry and get those mounts on those toons, with the feeling they might lose it if they don't hurry? How many do you think feel that a sale is not going to happen for a while, and feel they might as well buy it? It's all about a pressuring the player into buying items that can be purchased by just waiting a week or so and having a little patients. Some players can't handle the pressure.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2013

It's funny too. I was talking to my girl and I told her that I would bet that account stash stones and storage will be the next sale.

LOL I just got a safe extension stone myself!
  • Qwynnzel - Heavens Tear
    Qwynnzel - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yup just spent 25 bucks on storage than the very next day it goes on sale b:cryb:angry
    edited September 2013
    Well played PWI, well played.