Anni Event QQ Thread

Tekril - Dreamweaver
Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
So PWI decided that the anniversary event gifts will come via email. This isn't good for some of us old timers who have used an email to sign up that we never use. Emails are sometimes 'recycled', and in my case, signing back up with the name, say, on Yahoo, is impossible, as now they're asking for a mobile number. Something that I do not have, as I do not own a cell phone.

Sigh... why must you complicate things, PWI? And I was slipping into inactivity from no content, hoping the anni event would bring me back. Seems as though if this isn't resolved, I might quit PWI for good.

QQ over. Troll away.
Post edited by Tekril - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if you can access your account, cant you simply change your default email?
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited August 2013

This^

The event's haven't even started and there's already QQ threads.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Who told u its over mail? i didn't recive anyhting
    edited August 2013
    This^

The event's haven't even started and there's already QQ threads.

at least it's kinda original and not one of the 'qq 2x ruins everything cause i've been trying to sell illusion stones for 18m'
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Who told u its over mail? i didn't recive anyhting

From the PWI announcement of this weekend's festivities:

That's not all, we'll also be sending everyone some free anniversary items! So please make sure your email addresses are up to date because we'll be emailing them to you by the end of next week!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ah i c , well i gues sthey whana evade gliching or what not i rememebr few years ago peopel would get few anni rewords not like its usefull but back then there wasnt 15/15 blessings so some get few and some only 1
    edited August 2013
    at least it's kinda original and not one of the 'qq 2x ruins everything cause i've been trying to sell illusion stones for 18m'

LMFAO, someone just said that to me the other day hahahaha
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    imagine if anni gift is zen coupon xD
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
    edited August 2013
    LMFAO, someone just said that to me the other day hahahaha

b:laughb:pleased
  • Sharki - Dreamweaver
    Sharki - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You gotta have your old email address active to change addresses, I believe.
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I just went and checked all my addresses. I noticed there was a thing asking if you have access to your old account so guess there is a way to change without having access if anything you can submit a ticket thats how I got one of my accounts back after I forgot the info for it. they just asked me to answer questions about the info on the account like my real name and billing questions and stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013

No, as long as you can provide all the information they ask you to so they can confirm this account is yours. They'll let you change e-mail that way. It's also the same thing if you lost your safe code in-game and such.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Juggarjew - Harshlands
    Juggarjew - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So PWI decided that the anniversary event gifts will come via email. This isn't good for some of us old timers who have used an email to sign up that we never use. Emails are sometimes 'recycled', and in my case, signing back up with the name, say, on Yahoo, is impossible, as now they're asking for a mobile number. Something that I do not have, as I do not own a cell phone.

Sigh... why must you complicate things, PWI? And I was slipping into inactivity from no content, hoping the anni event would bring me back. Seems as though if this isn't resolved, I might quit PWI for good.

QQ over. Troll away.

Come on now, no cell phone? Not even a $10 prepaid one?
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2013

QQ over. Troll away.

I too think that this is a poor decision by PWE. Anyone who has actually played for a while may not have a working e-mail. If I remember the online system correctly, you can't change your old e-mail to a new one. Though, I could be wrong.

I have two accounts with old e-mails (AOL & Yahoo), and now I will get nothing this year - unless I can actually update my e-mail.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
    edited August 2013
    I don't understand what the big deal is. If you go to your account information, click change email, it will show you your original email. Go to the website belonging to the email(gmail, yahoo, aol, ****, poopyou), and click forgot password. Get your password. How hard can that be. Good for all of you who can't get your stuff. You haven't even made an attempt at trying to get your old email info before QQ'ing. PWI's free gift should be, if you can't get your email from the account attached, you get a free permalock lol b:laugh
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I too think that this is a poor decision by PWE. Anyone who has actually played for a while may not have a working e-mail. If I remember the online system correctly, you can't change your old e-mail to a new one. Though, I could be wrong.

I have two accounts with old e-mails (AOL & Yahoo), and now I will get nothing this year - unless I can actually update my e-mail.

You can change your email address without access to your old emails but you should get started soon on changeing so you don't miss out.

This is why I keep all my game linked to several free Email accounts I keep active just for my games. I learned years ago you get tons of free **** through codes they send to your email. It's also makes things a lot easier if there is ever trouble with your game account. Just Make sure it's an E-mail service that don't give out your address to spammers like MSN and Yahoo do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    QQ
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Hey, I was about to qq about that.
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This would have been better, IMHO.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Come on now, no cell phone? Not even a $10 prepaid one?

Not everyone has access to coverage.

Ex. In my area i would have to drive 35 miles just to get a signal, so what would the point be to have a cell phone?
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is a clear description of what info you need to supply in the ticket section to change your Email account address if you have no access to your old account and cannot remember the details.
    I had the same issue and it took only 5 days to change from the time I submitted the ticket.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • _Kiya_ - Lost City
    _Kiya_ - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    f:cry

The email on this account got recycled...

...so I can't change it without submitting a ticket...

...but the link to send a ticket in is broken!

/endQQf:laugh
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013

The email on this account got recycled...

...so I can't change it without submitting a ticket...

...but the link to send a ticket in is broken!

/endQQf:laugh

While logged into this forum on the account you want to change, go to my account at the top of the page and follow links there, thats how I did it.

My old email had been completely deleted for 2 years when I did it as I had changed ISP.
  • _Kiya_ - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    While logged into this forum on the account you want to change, go to my account at the top of the page and follow links there, thats how I did it.

My old email had been completely deleted for 2 years when I did it as I had changed ISP.

It's not working. It's still saying "There are too many redirects in this link."

f:laughf:cryf:laugh
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Try a different browser then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Do as the poster above says,
    Also clear cache and cookies and I think you may have to check security settings to allow third party cookies as well.
  • _Kiya_ - Lost City
    edited August 2013
    I tried safari and firefox but it's still not working. Oh well, at least it's all good for my other 2 accounts. f:grin
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Try IE. ik it's the devil, but PW site seems to work absolutely fine for me in IE for some reason (not enough incentive for me to ever use it beyond the times when PW site decides it hates FF, but whatevs).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sharki - Dreamweaver
    Sharki - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is a clear description of what info you need to supply in the ticket section to change your Email account address if you have no access to your old account and cannot remember the details.
    I had the same issue and it took only 5 days to change from the time I submitted the ticket.
    Try doing that with 7 accounts, ijs.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Try doing that with 7 accounts, ijs.

Errr ... users fault for creating that many without giving a damn about important information?

And *shrug* no problem with this for me. But then again, I linked all my accounts to e-mails I got access to. (if you got a smart host, they allow you multiple addresses. <3) b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
This discussion has been closed.