R9 3rd cast stories

Jaabg - Sanctuary
Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Blademaster
Greetings folks

Due to this sale and previous 2 sales on the GST+MOG, a considerable number of people have geared up their main (people are going r9 3rd cast no alts now b:shutup).

Time to share the fun stories in tw, nw, pve instances that you had with your r9 3rd cast armour, weapon.

I recently got my r9 3rd cast weapon+armour, and refined it b:surrender. Now people actually die when i use my axes b:chuckle. I still think claws rule in pvp b:victory, especially with my lag issues.

NW: I do two things that crack me up. I use auto pot, and a charm. This means that barring OP people one shotting me, i just take on damage. I find a barb or seeker and put on my aoe macro. This usually means that once people drop in hp, they run back to their friends. With my aoe right behind resulting in more deaths :D.

The other thing i do in nw, when i reach the crystal for the other side, i often see people lining up at the gate to start dding at me, while i dig. I always announce BT time in common chat before digging. People still die en-mass, never ceases to amaze me. BT is OP as it is, but with high refined axes, they will kill most players on servers. Often times when i stop with my bt, there is only a seeker or barb alive, all the rest are dead or scattered.

TW: I was on a defend squad i think, i joined late. I noticed that people, casters, range people line up and attack our side. Or they form a fan. Either way, they are not far from each other. If i run up to them straight i get one shot like no tomorrow. I run in from the side, and people hardly notice me, i was successful in taking out 2 cata squads - the catas.

Other classes may be OP, but us BM can do massive damage and live to tell the tale. On other occasions i was not so successful with the above tactic. I am pretty sure in that tw, i might have moved up on the target list. Because later on in the tw, i was being purged and targeted b:sad.

PVE: People get surprised when i say i can tank the puppet boss, sure the boss hits pretty hard, but if i do my dd, other squisher people can churn out max dd, and the puppet boss dies in 1~2 sparks usually. I wonder when will people learn that every class has the potential to be everything with the right gear and skill combo.

So share the moments when you got your new gear, or refined it to +10~12 and went Damn, never knew that was possible on a BM.
Post edited by Jaabg - Sanctuary on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Huh, the puppet boss hits heard ?

I tank it in TT99. Sometimes theres another guy who does more damage, then he tanks it in TT99. Noone notices.

Other than that, I see a lot of people in incomplete and/or very poorly refined R9. The difference from being r9 does not so much come from the fact that it is r9. It comes mostly from the fact that R9 is worth refining and sharding to an end game level while G16 is not. And the fact that it is usually in the hands of those wealthy enough to use a charm. That is where the true difference comes from.

My moment has yet to come though. While i wasnt too ignorant about the barbs possibilities, my "damn i never knew" moment was when headslicer invited me to see how he does TM 79 and it turns out he actually AOE 1-hits all the mobs. I hope to be doing the same soon :D 1 more morai skill and a +10 refined axe to go.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Huh, the puppet boss hits heard ?

I tank it in TT99. Sometimes theres another guy who does more damage, then he tanks it in TT99. Noone notices.

Other than that, I see a lot of people in incomplete and/or very poorly refined R9. The difference from being r9 does not so much come from the fact that it is r9. It comes mostly from the fact that R9 is worth refining and sharding to an end game level while G16 is not.

Puppeteer doesn't hit that hard, but his bleed damage hurts. Similar with Seat boss. BM+Phys marrow actually has a much easier time tanking them then barbs.

And I totally agree on refining. Pretty much from +7-+10 refines double the hp your gear gives you, and then from +10-+12 doubles it again. Refine isn't the only place you get hp from, but you can have two r9t3 BMs, one with +7 and one with +12 and the +12 has almost 3x the hp (and therefore 3x survivability) as the +7 but both would be considered "OP/endgame r9t3 BMs."

One of my favorite things is taking some of our "problem children" that everyone is afraid of and just get those lucky chain zerk crits that end an endgame fight unbelievably quick. I NW in vent and we'll be shouting strategy and stuff and its nice to be so casual and badass about it when fighting some of the more infamous names on our server and being like "xxxx is dead. Got xxxx, too. Need help with xxxx? Got him. And just bounced out xxxx from the instance." I realize I'm casually saying that about r9t3 pkers and I have to lol.

Two other fun times. One, I started a NW and had TheDan in the same nation. We both went to the same instance and we constantly were mirroring each others moves. Both would drake ray the same person. Both would use almost the same aoe combos. Both would leap back at almost the same time. There was a pro team on the other side we kept pushing back so we kept going to the same battles and I was laughing. Identical movements? Must be doing something right.

Second fun time was I had a veno who purged me literally 20+ times in probably 90 minutes but I killed them almost every single time and for huge numbers. 15-40k each time. I don't zerk when I need it but when I'm fighting a tt90-tt99 mix uncharmed veno it goes off everytime, lol. I bounced them from 3 battles alone and got another handfull of kills in other wars on them.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I always announce BT time in common chat before digging. People still die en-mass, never ceases to amaze me.

Common chat in NW can only be read by your own side. Took me a while to figure that out. XD
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Common chat in NW can only be read by your own side. Took me a while to figure that out. XD

Nuuuuuuuuu b:cry. I must buy teles now b:angry. Just kidding. Thanks, i did not know that.

Puppeteer

Armagedon in 3-3

Harpy

Emperor