Cleric main, but would like gear for all casters.

Sakubatou - Sanctuary
Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Cleric
So here is my story: I get bored with ranged chars, but I <3 my cleric. I enjoy hopping on my veno, archer, mystic, or my wizard for an hour or two a week but not nearly as much as I enjoy melee chars. Playing every class also helps me understand how to work best with that class on the chars I do really enjoy playing (for instance I discovered I'm a horrible aggro thief on my archer, so can't really blame them now for grabbing mobs early) so playing ranged classes usually helps me grow on my melee classes, too.

About 6 months ago my BM became my main, and I'd like to continue mainly focusing on him without neglecting my alts too much either. My cleric is my second most played character lately. She recently joined a TW faction and I'm trying to gear her up to be competitive.

My goal is to invest in her as little as possible so the bulk of my coin can go to my bm. I'd also like tradable gear so all my casters can use it without further investment, but I do understand some of the non-tradable things (r9t3) blow the tradable things (g16) out of the water. So what I'm looking for is gear recommendations for my cleric that I can swap with my other arcanes, and what pieces I should go for even though they're not tradable just because they're that good.

One other thing. One of my accounts became a buff account so my mystic and wizard are on a different account then my cleric, veno, and psychic so I'm looking for tradable items, not just stashable.

Current Build- Full G16
TW setup- Borrowing BMs neck, cape, and ring.
The eventual endgame- Working on farming G16 deviance neck (magical for BM) but figured def levels and bonuses are almost better than any cheap endgame phys neck my cleric could get. Also went Jungle Ruins belt because its cheaper and tradable. Rest is full G16. Would add cloud stir (BM could also use). Would consider eventually (some day *dreams*) adding r9t3 weapon.
Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
Post edited by Sakubatou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm actually doing a similar kind of thing, except I only play AA classes (wiz, ep, veno, maybe mystic).. so I can share a few other pieces of gear. This is my current EP gear http://pwcalc.com/62d129d6d1555ab3, and my current wiz gear is in my signature if you want to see what is shared.

You seem to already have an idea of what you want, but a few things I'd change. Elemental necks on AA classes are a terrible idea, do not share your mdef neck.. you'll want to invest in some kind of pdef one (maybe a g14 pdef cube neck). One magic ring isn't that unreasonable, but eventually you'll probably want to get a second pdef ring (I have 2 pdef rings and one mdef rings for my alts.. always have one pdef ring on.. and swap out the 2nd mdef/pdef ring when necessary). Also, purify weapon is a game changer, if at all possible.. try to get r9rr wep for your favorite alts (r8r purify has a proc rate is like half or less of r9rr purify proc rate, so you'd probably be better off going for broke and getting the good stuff).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's what I currently use on my alts after going r9rr on my cleric: http://www.pwcalc.com/85d8dc840b64d1fb (The g11 shards were done wayyyy back. I kinda regret sharding them now.)

I share Adroit's sentiment that you shouldn't share the mdef neck. Especially once it's recasted since it'll lose the pdef add. Either go ahead and invest in a g14 pdef Cube neck and +7 it or keep with the Sky Demon's Pearl for the time being.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be more money to make a tradeable g16 Jungle Ruins belt than to just pay 40m + some negligible costs to manufacture Warsoul mats to make two g14 Warsong belts for the two accounts? I guess I don't know how much those stones cost, tbh.

You may want to consider getting a r8r def level wep for the cleric if you really like it that much and use it often in pvp situations as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You may want to consider getting a r8r def level wep for the cleric if you really like it that much and use it often in pvp situations as well.

^ this. I'd also suggest a R8r weapon with defence levels. It really does make a difference if you get a good roll. You won't be able to share it of course but I doubt you'll use any other AA toon for PvP judging by your post.

A +7 on the Sandy World for PvE should be enough if you're running low on money while working on R8r weapon for the Cleric, should you choose to do that.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would love an r9t3 purify weapon. As a BM, I have the right to **** and complain about how OP they are but the funny thing is most casters also comment on how OP they are. "It's completely balanced... this weapon is so OP". If I'm not going to bother r9ing my armor is it still worth it to get with under 10k hp and so-so defenses, or would an r8r def level weapon be pref?

My thinking on the cube neck was in TWs I usually die from one of two ways. Either sins on a suicide mission to kill a cleric and they come out of stealth with a stun->EP->rapage, or its a ranged dd like an archer or caster shooting me from 30m away. More than half the time its another caster. So in my head I was comparing 1200 pdef, 200 mdef, and 10 vit on a G14 phys neck vs 1500 mdef, 7 def levels (3% crit and 4 attack levels). I didn't think a G14 cube neck would make enough difference to save me, plus total cost for it would be around 150m to farm and +10 where the defiance I hope to have soon.

I think stone of the jungles cost about 3m each (could be wrong) and I'd need 6 for a G14 or 18 for the G15, so 54m cost. But then I'd have a higher grade than a G14 warsong belt, and I'd only have to refine once. I'm also a gear perv and have been wanting one for a long time. This may just be an excuse to get one.

Be curious to hear what ring combos most cata-cleric's use. If I do pursue the r9t3 weapon I suppose I'd just use sky cover and r9 ring since I'd get def levels and -channeling there.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I ended up basically switching between weps in TW. If I'm getting a ton of sins/barbs on me -> puri wep. If I'm mostly getting shot at by a lot of archers -> def level wep. I'd stick with the def level wep if the gear you're using isn't at least as good as the Nirvana set I posted earlier (albeit without the g11 shards).

But anyway, the two classes you need to worry about most in mass pk as a cleric are both phys damage classes (sin and archer). You kinda want as much pdef as possible. And as nasty as r9rr casters are at end-game, you can pretty much mdef charm your way through a lot of the damage (except like sutra->spark combo, but dat's what Soul of Fire/AD/puri/some other form of immune is for).

As for rings, yeah. I just use r9 ring+Sky Cover. If I didn't have r9 ring though, I'd use the pdef-engraved Lunar ring I have in the calc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute