Alright bros

irishpotatoshirt
irishpotatoshirt Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Blademaster
Just walked away from my rrr9 wizard, tired of that chit, it's time for a change. Let me prelude my question first by painting a picture for you guys. You're a diamond 1 player on LoL, your hand eye coordination is so good, you taught mr miyagi how to catch the fly, you have a stellar hormonal profile with T levels in the upper exosphere, you are basically the stuff of legend, so no challenge on pwi is too great for you.

This is what my bm has:
http://pwcalc.com/8985ddd2a2cf2095 (srs)

Here's my question bros, knowing all of the above, would my 800m allow me to turn my bm into an absolute stud, the likes of which, while maybe never killing any of the best cash shoppers, is fully capable of being up in there face doing all kiiiiiinds of stun you here stun you there stun you everywhere tank your friend tank your sister dodge this dodge that switch to fist switch to axe switch to pole stun your mother stun your brother, or would that 800 go much much further on a seeker / barb due to their inherent tankiness.

Grazie <3333
Post edited by irishpotatoshirt on

Comments

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I call a troll thread, or OP just never took the time to read any of the posts anywhere on bm, and never interacted with a bm in game. Reason why i say troll, you never mentioned server and your question is way too vague.

What kills people is skill+refines+shards+luck, 800m is not a figure that covers any one of those for end game for serious cash shopped pvp people.

With 800m, you might become a glass cannon on any one of the 3 classes to an extent, but you won't enjoy the experience. Might as well spend the 800m to +12 josd, r9 3rd cast your wizzy.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let me prelude my question first by painting a picture for you guys. You're a diamond 1 player on LoL, your hand eye coordination is so good, you taught mr miyagi how to catch the fly, you have a stellar hormonal profile with T levels in the upper exosphere, you are basically the stuff of legend, so no challenge on pwi is too great for you.

yet actually creating a build is too much for your brain to handle. I should start charging for buildsb:laugh
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    from the lol reference ( meh ) im assuming pvp is aim, what seperates ppl who rock pvp and ppl who fall over tons is 2 things: 1st, gear 2nd, who has the better understanding of their classes/game mechanics and how to manipulate em to their advantage

800m will get u decent gear for pretty much any toon i wont say the best but nothing you'd be embarrassed to be seen about in, 800m will not buy u an understanding of the games mechanics tho so yeh u might be good but some1 = gear with betr understanding will lol u wanna be great go learn to use it ;P
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Morridune - just to highlight a very simple and glaring example about game mechanics. A friend was in cube, lvl 70 sin. Another lvl 84 sin decided to kill him. He put on deaden nerves and killed the lvl 84 sin. The lvl 84 sin did not understand how he got killed, and called the friend a scammer.

This was back in the glory days of aps.

Since i am bored.

800m

Cube neck = 60m
    Warsong belt = 40m
    Pan gu tome = 200m
    G16 gear piece = 40mx6 = 240m
    G16 weapon = 80m
    Rings = 25mx2 = 50m

Total gear cost = 670m

130m = refines = +5 gear and some pieces +6. Rings = 0 refine. As a bm your buffed hp at +6 refines in a full g16 gear be around 9~12k. That is easy one shot for other people.

To answer your question, 800m is not enough. To get +10 refines on 9 pieces of gear, you will need 1 billion coin roughly, so 1.67billion, and you will have decent hp for PVP. That will push your hp to 17~20k mark. You will be less likely to be one shot, but it will happen, some people just hit hard.

I still think OP is trolling.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My current gear, and while I may not be an easy one shot it is still extremely difficult closing the gaps between people to even begin to try and stun them.

If you haven't noticed on you wizard how often you/others specifically target bm's... you will soon find out, and no matter how well you play one you will get owned left and right in mass pvp on a bm, which so isn't fun at least not to me it isn't. (though I don't use charms/a specific genie for survival... which if I did... it survival skills would likely take a front seat over something else that we very much need to even try to stun lock, and that is chi, and that is where apo comes in. Which on a barb/seeker/even sin you can focus on just survival skills on your genie, and not worry so much about keeping up chi, but as for the bm... well reread what I just... typed. :$)

In short, unless you have the gear/are willing to go out of your way to prepare your bm for mass pvp, as in Charms, apo, a genie for survival/chi, and rather epic gear... you likely will not like how often you die before you even have the chance to attack others. (If you manage to survive a caster, a archer or seeker, and even some sins/barbs other bms can make you pay dearly for tryign to protect from magic attacks) Ergo gear is really important on a bm.

Again I am not a one shot, but still I do find it insanely difficult to get to others/enjoy myself on my bm in mass pvp. (more specifically nw) Still I really do love my bm.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • irishpotatoshirt
    irishpotatoshirt Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    from the lol reference ( meh ) im assuming pvp is aim, what seperates ppl who rock pvp and ppl who fall over tons is 2 things: 1st, gear 2nd, who has the better understanding of their classes/game mechanics and how to manipulate em to their advantage

800m will get u decent gear for pretty much any toon i wont say the best but nothing you'd be embarrassed to be seen about in, 800m will not buy u an understanding of the games mechanics tho so yeh u might be good but some1 = gear with betr understanding will lol u wanna be great go learn to use it ;P

Right, I realize how much more weight gear carries than the little bit of room permitted for skill to shine (after all, there is a cap restricting how much you can actually do, it's still an mmorpg at the end of the day), but my main concern is whether or not a bm financed with 800m can play aggressively and compete to the extent that I can be a serious nuisance for CS'ers, given the bm's kit. But its starting to sound like that style of play died out for BM's now that casters have been buffed across the boards. The only reason I ask is because I don't know the market that well, after all, I was a wizard, there was barely much I could farm, I only got my rrr9 after a lot of time playing and a lot of help from friends.

I was just having fun with c.ocky humor because there's no other way to get the message across that learning the character or skill would not be the issue here for me, so I was hoping for advice with that fact in mind and not the generic feedback you give to first timers. I wasn't trolling though.

Morridune - just to highlight a very simple and glaring example about game mechanics. A friend was in cube, lvl 70 sin. Another lvl 84 sin decided to kill him. He put on deaden nerves and killed the lvl 84 sin. The lvl 84 sin did not understand how he got killed, and called the friend a scammer.

This was back in the glory days of aps.

Since i am bored.

800m

Cube neck = 60m
    Warsong belt = 40m
    Pan gu tome = 200m
    G16 gear piece = 40mx6 = 240m
    G16 weapon = 80m
    Rings = 25mx2 = 50m

Total gear cost = 670m

130m = refines = +5 gear and some pieces +6. Rings = 0 refine. As a bm your buffed hp at +6 refines in a full g16 gear be around 9~12k. That is easy one shot for other people.

To answer your question, 800m is not enough. To get +10 refines on 9 pieces of gear, you will need 1 billion coin roughly, so 1.67billion, and you will have decent hp for PVP. That will push your hp to 17~20k mark. You will be less likely to be one shot, but it will happen, some people just hit hard.

I still think OP is trolling.

Thanks, that helped some.
    My current gear, and while I may not be an easy one shot it is still extremely difficult closing the gaps between people to even begin to try and stun them.

If you haven't noticed on you wizard how often you/others specifically target bm's... you will soon find out, and no matter how well you play one you will get owned left and right in mass pvp on a bm, which so isn't fun at least not to me it isn't. (though I don't use charms/a specific genie for survival... which if I did... it survival skills would likely take a front seat over something else that we very much need to even try to stun lock, and that is chi, and that is where apo comes in. Which on a barb/seeker/even sin you can focus on just survival skills on your genie, and not worry so much about keeping up chi, but as for the bm... well reread what I just... typed. :$)

In short, unless you have the gear/are willing to go out of your way to prepare your bm for mass pvp, as in Charms, apo, a genie for survival/chi, and rather epic gear... you likely will not like how often you die before you even have the chance to attack others. (If you manage to survive a caster, a archer or seeker, and even some sins/barbs other bms can make you pay dearly for tryign to protect from magic attacks) Ergo gear is really important on a bm.

Again I am not a one shot, but still I do find it insanely difficult to get to others/enjoy myself on my bm in mass pvp. (more specifically nw) Still I really do love my bm.

Thanks buddy, that really help answered a lot of my questions. Believe it or not, there aren't that many bm's I come across in NW on archosaur, but I suppose that is also a testament to what you said as well, being that they apparently are pretty chitty without the very best gear, reminds me of my wizard.

What i'm taking away is that 800m would go much further on a seeker or a barb given the native genie skills and buffs as you pointed out. I think I'll gear up the bm for interval so that I can actually farm PVE for a change, then account stash everything to a seeker or barb.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Right, I realize how much more weight gear carries than the little bit of room permitted for skill to shine (after all, there is a cap restricting how much you can actually do, it's still an mmorpg at the end of the day), but my main concern is whether or not a bm financed with 800m can play aggressively and compete to the extent that I can be a serious nuisance for CS'ers, given the bm's kit. But its starting to sound like that style of play died out for BM's now that casters have been buffed across the boards. The only reason I ask is because I don't know the market that well, after all, I was a wizard, there was barely much I could farm, I only got my rrr9 after a lot of time playing and a lot of help from friends.

I was just having fun with c.ocky humor because there's no other way to get the message across that learning the character or skill would not be the issue here for me, so I was hoping for advice with that fact in mind and not the generic feedback you give to first timers. I wasn't trolling though.

Thanks, that helped some.

Thanks buddy, that really help answered a lot of my questions. Believe it or not, there aren't that many bm's I come across in NW on archosaur, but I suppose that is also a testament to what you said as well, being that they apparently are pretty chitty without the very best gear, reminds me of my wizard.

What i'm taking away is that 800m would go much further on a seeker or a barb given the native genie skills and buffs as you pointed out. I think I'll gear up the bm for interval so that I can actually farm PVE for a change, then account stash everything to a seeker or barb.

I am glad it helped, but to be fair it's essentially true for every class, (though from the sounds of it you likely already knew this tidbit :$) but imho bms suffer the most without epic gear to survive. (Especially when you factor in what a bm has to go through to even try to attack, they don't have viable ranged skills to attack others, and it really is difficult to withstand multiple attacks often from both melee, and magic attacks while trying to close the gaps.)

EDIT: While it's not exactly the post/thought I remember him posting (can't find it pretty sure it wasn't edited) still this tidbit might also prove to be quite useful to you.

Edit 2: oh wait yes it is haha... but yea that post is so why I have the reinforced notion not to gear up my bm for endgame pvp.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just walked away from my rrr9 wizard, tired of that chit, it's time for a change. Let me prelude my question first by painting a picture for you guys. You're a diamond 1 player on LoL, your hand eye coordination is so good, you taught mr miyagi how to catch the fly, you have a stellar hormonal profile with T levels in the upper exosphere, you are basically the stuff of legend, so no challenge on pwi is too great for you.

You seem really good. Why do you need to ask questions? We should be asking you instead!
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited August 2013

This is what my bm has:
    http://pwcalc.com/8985ddd2a2cf2095 (srs)

Here's my question bros, knowing all of the above, would my 800m allow me to turn my bm into an absolute stud, the likes of which, while maybe never killing any of the best cash shoppers, is fully capable of being up in there face doing all kiiiiiinds of stun you here stun you there stun you everywhere tank your friend tank your sister dodge this dodge that switch to fist switch to axe switch to pole stun your mother stun your brother, or would that 800 go much much further on a seeker / barb due to their inherent tankiness.

Grazie <3333

TT99 LA ornaments lol; so pro
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    With 800m u can get full r9 during 50% off r9 sale, but that's it. U'll have to farm summer wind tokens for r999 and refines and shards for that gear.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    To OP: Read the posts, guides on aps set up and get it right the first time.

LA Ornies b:shutup b:shocked
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you want a BM that can compete with endgame players you are looking closer to 3b bill. N3 BMs dont even really hurt me as a sin, only BMs to really ever kill me are R9T3 these days. And I cant bother burning physical defense charms so not really hurting should hold true for all somewhat serious PKers.

As for full R9 with 800m during 50% sale? Thats not true on even archo that has cheapest gold of all servers I believe.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    o right my bad. 800m will get u r9 ring+weap, another 800m will probably do the trick. so 1.6 bil.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    o right my bad. 800m will get u r9 ring+weap, another 800m will probably do the trick. so 1.6 bil.

If I remember correctly, R9 is 4x 14 GST + 2x 34 GST + 85 GST = 209 GST

And 19 MoG.

On best sales I`ve seen 10g MoG and 2.5g GST from this summer:

2.5g/gst x 209gst + 19mog x 10g/mog = 712,5g

So actually 800m might be enough on Archo, though not with current gold prices and gold prolly wont go down really till after anni or xmas, depending if it falls between em.

But to get it for 800m, gold has to be under 1.22m fees included. Oh, never forget rep that isnt accounted in that.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop