Advanced Grinding Machine

Xainou - Sanctuary
Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Suggestion Box
Could we please get one in every of the three starter towns or 3 "digging passes" from the NPC? b:surrender

Sanctuary has quite some people hanging out on their mounts or in true from, spam digging the thing. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for a new player. >_<
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
Post edited by Xainou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh goodness, I couldn't agree more. I think limiting you to only digging 3 times as the quest objective is supposed to be should be implemented, even though it'd make some people mad. As someone who does the Jones daily often, it's more than frustrating when I have to count how many times someone has dug the machine. I'm not sure who the people in true form/fox form or mounts are fooling, it's easy to tell that they're most likely "overdigging" and trying to look discreet. It's very inconsiderate.
  • QuietxKill - Lost City
    QuietxKill - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    May be a weird question but what is it anyways? I saw it outside of Lost City but never knew what it exactly does lol. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome sign made by Silvychar ♥
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's used in one of the Jones Bounty quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Bump. Could we at least get some response on this? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this seems to be a problem on all servers
    bumping so geno sees
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1 in every starter town is a great idea!
    I farm the machine when no one's around, and if someone comes up to it, I stop, but not everyone is so polite >.>
    Riding on mounts hides nothing b:chuckle everyone knows what you're doing.
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I definitely think the Devs should consider this. I'm all for new players coming to pwi. So if things like that cause them to have a bad time. They might not wanna stay D: Go go go Devs! Get on it :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So far I have been lucky, and people that are farming it have stopped to let my mystic dig her three. But there is often a crowd depending on time of day so it does make sense to spread them out a bit by adding more in the other towns, especially if they are going to be located in the starter area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, what's the point of digging the machine more then 3 times? Hording Perfect Flesh hardly seems worth the effort.. They're just being duchebags or actually have a reason for it? :o
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    So, what's the point of digging the machine more then 3 times? Hording Perfect Flesh hardly seems worth the effort.. They're just being duchebags or actually have a reason for it? :o

In case it breaks again in a future patch, you can continue to do your JJ quests.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Thoolan - Archosaur
    Thoolan - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    once on archo server by few hours i saw there a... bot digging it all the time b:shutup...

kinda good solution for this q could be made it on the same way as digging base quest... u have 6 tools so u can dig only 6 items... so for this q it would be 3 tools for 3 items just for one taken q... problem should be solved... ofc if machine won't be broke anymore b:avoid
    mad veno fox mode f:fume
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Bump. This is a real pain during weekends. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    once on archo server by few hours i saw there a... bot digging it all the time b:shutup...

kinda good solution for this q could be made it on the same way as digging base quest... u have 6 tools so u can dig only 6 items... so for this q it would be 3 tools for 3 items just for one taken q... problem should be solved... ofc if machine won't be broke anymore b:avoid

That is a great idea, there should also be 3 machines and not just one. I don't mind if they're all still at Lost though, since at lvl 71-80 Lost is the best location due to the dragon in the lake quest xD
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • katjenkurea
    katjenkurea Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oh yes for gods sake finaly do something against the annoying non stop digging idiots b:angry

quest is 3 not 86754 on cultivated root it works pretty well too why not finaly limit this one to max 3 aswell b:angry
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    f:fume Yes, indeed put more than one machine for this quest. I try to be nice to others by letting them dig their 3 then do mine, but you have people who just tab it constantly to grab it next. Just today I did this on my mystic I needed just one more and someone starts digging -- hello, rude much. And I do tend to count how many they dig.

Why must it be SO hard to be courteous and farm your three and go! Its just 7 random quests, grab and go not - AGM infinite dig!

Please ..

Please ...

Please ....

add Machines to Ether and Plume's Jones. What is exactly the point of them being there if you have to fly to lost to do the Machine. Please fix this!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • DragunBlud - Morai
    DragunBlud - Morai Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This happens pretty much all the time. Nowadays I rarely do my Jones' quest at the same time I pick up the daily Bounty orders, because there is almost always a bloodbath at the grinding machine. I actually have to wait until off-peak time (probably once or twice a week) to get all the Jones' quests done at once. Even then, I don't hog the machine, because there are usually 3 others with the same idea as me.

People should learn to "wait in line and mine three at a time". b:shutup
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Any official response on this?

Some people on my server seem to have the nerve to just laugh at you if you ask them to let others take a turn too when they spam it <<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, definitely. In HT the problem doesn't seem to be that bad, every time I'm there only about 2-3 people want to mine at once, and I've seen only a few who keep mining for more. The case is much worse with people who can't seem to understand that when there's 2 people already waiting in line, they should wait for their turn not click like mad so that everyone else has to wait for them b:irritated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Been trying to catch up on the daily on one of my chars. Spent so much time having to watch people overdig. I eventually had enough as I watched some mystic dig it 10 times and then someone on a mount to the point I told them to get off their mount and stop being greedy, as 3-4 people had shown up presumably to dig their quest's worth, too. Both people disappeared and I had a little support shown in PMs. I don't get on at a time convenient enough to avoid greedy overdiggers. No use being real polite to the ones spamming it...not like they're exactly being polite with any other person there.

EDIT: I see a lot of people overdig one and either continue digging it or cancel right away, probably because they have to spam-click to ensure people don't overdig...or they're impatient.
  • Female_Barb - Sanctuary
    Female_Barb - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This should be seen as a glitch. There are 3 Jolly Jones NPC in the game giving out the same quest, but only the Jolly Jones near Lost City has the advance grinding machine for the quest. So 2 of those machines are missing.
  • Iiyrana - Dreamweaver
    Iiyrana - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i have to agree when i get the SEP mobs i like to go to plume to get my next quest but since they do not have the option to grinding machine i just go to lost instead. Maybe its their way of making us dump coin in teles or having to take a long fly to lost? i also wouldn't mind them having more then one because sometimes people are grinding them forever it seems like and only one can grind it at a time.
  • UltiMaia - Morai
    UltiMaia - Morai Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Regarding the "barbs and mount riders try to hide the fact that they are digging"

Why isn't there an animation for mounts and transformed barbs for the digging action?
    You know, like one paw scraping the ground or something?
    Its a lot more realistic that way, and people around you know that you're digging.
    To me, seeing a tiger just standing there doing 'nothing' is actually quite creepy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, of course I'm bumping this again. I sat around today watching at least 3-4 people on mounts surrounding the Advanced Grinding Machine. I decided I might peek in their inventories. All but one didn't even have Perfect Flesh in their inventory. The one who did, however...

16hp0f8.png

They're still digging as I make this post. I'd really like to see this fixed, please. This is a ridiculous amount that contributes to wasting my time and many others.
  • darthcron
    darthcron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For a lot of players, Advanced Grinding Machine is a source of anger, because of the way it was configured it. This should be known to you already by PVE, that it's off balanced to use ONLY 1 grinding machine for WHOLE SERVER when ONLY ONE PERSON CAN USE IT AT A TIME.
    There are more then this 4 option i'm listing below, there might be more options, but could be a good start at least:
    1) add more advanced grinding machines - because anyone could figure 1 maching for 1.000-3.000 players it's by far not enough;
    2) make the machine "mineable" by all the players around it; other games were able to do this, so i don't see why in this one it's not possible;
    3) change the machine into an npc that gives a quest to wait an amount of time (30sec-1minute would be decent time, or whatever the developers might consider);
    4) change the quest so Jolly npc just ask you to wait a certain amount of time, or simply ask to wait in the proximity of the grinding machine.

I'v seen a lot of problems and off balanced things in this game, this it's only one of them, but honestly, why not making a good thing from the start then fixing it later many times over.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The problem is now high lvl use alts of lvl 71-80 to make free money from that quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    The problem is now high lvl use alts of lvl 71-80 to make free money from that quest.

Sadly, this is true. I even see someone daily in a faction named JonesArmy, his alts being JonesyOne, JonesyTwo and so on. << Suppose I'll report him soon if PWE doesn't do anything. Not because of jealousy, but these kind of people **** over any new player or someone leveling an alt for the sake of the character...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• chillstoner
    chillstoner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, please add more. I saw some tool doing this today.

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/jp_tcs/media/1_zps0d6f15d2.jpg.html

I know shift works, but still, c'mon.

Pretty sure he was afk since after that quest, I got the the lake quest. When I came back, he was still there surrounded by three other diggers.
    edited September 2013
    Umm, could anyone explain to me why is it a bad thing to make money by doing JJ quests with my alts? I don't cash shop so the only other way of making money for my lvl 100 gear is farming, and I don't have the patience to farm for hours every day. Having 3 alts currently in that level range helps me a lot and it's not hurting anyone, so how is it a problem exactly? It's not like I made them for the sake of this quest...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Umm, could anyone explain to me why is it a bad thing to make money by doing JJ quests with my alts? I don't cash shop so the only other way of making money for my lvl 100 gear is farming, and I don't have the patience to farm for hours every day. Having 3 alts currently in that level range helps me a lot and it's not hurting anyone, so how is it a problem exactly? It's not like I made them for the sake of this quest...

Try reading the thread.

It's not about making money, it is about people spam digging, and keeping other players from getting their turn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2013
    I've already read it and replied on page 2 b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]