Newbie signing in :)

aeternusdoleo
aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Well, figure it's about time to shout out - without using a horn token, mind you. That gets spammy enough.

I started playing on Morai (euro) not too long ago after a tip from a friend. The flight aspect of the game caught our interest. I've since then played quite a bit - learning the game as I go. It was a bit overwhelming at first, but I guess I caught on now. So far, my first impressions:
The good:
- The game guides you well in the early stages.
- Diverse classes make for interesting combination play. Effective teams may require some planning in advance on how to complement eachother.
- The mining-and-crafting system is nice. I enjoy a good bit of resourcing... probably harvested well in excess of a few thousand units already, mostly tier 1 and 2 stuff.
- Lots of flashy stuff.

The bad:
- Archosaur is cluttered. Really cluttered. I've got a high end computer system, but even that one can't keep up without performance mode down there. I don't like going into the main city for that reason. Isn't there any way to limit the amount of shops in a certain area? Probably too late for that now...
- Shops in the form of... Cats? Zippos? Seriously...? Not what I expect in an quasi asian medieval fantasy setting. That motorcycle mount was a bit of a turnoff as well. Shops in the form of sword&shield displays, armor stands, barrels of berries and herbs... kinda to signify the nature of the store, would have been both more immersive, and easier on potential shoppers.
- The game still feels a bit pay-to-win-ish to me, but I suppose something has to keep the server running. The ability to buy the boutique gold for lots of ingame gold offsets this a bit for me. Just means a longer grind to get to the gear that's in the boutique. I don't mind grinding 10M for that inventory upgrade... will get there. Eventually.

The ugly:
- Have to turn off the world channel or the message box becomes unusable. Just way too much chatter being pumped in there that I guess should be in the trade channel instead. But a quick reconfigure of the Faction chat options helps sort that (all, minus world). It would be helpful if you could turn off the "World" channel in normal chat as well.
- Heading out of Argosaur on foot since you haven't gotten your flier yet, straight into a massive attack at the city... that was a bit annoying. Got stuck until I figured out how to use that free chest you get in the inventory - it dispensed a temporary flier. If not, I'd have been stuck until that event was over. I tried asking people about it but noone answered me. Guess helping newbies isn't something the higher levels enjoy doing. That's allright though, I'll figure it out.
... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
Post edited by aeternusdoleo on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I believe Assault on Archosaur is scheduled for every Friday evening by the Euro team (the American servers only get it as a special event.) It is possible to stick to the city walls, get to a corner and go around the event mobs. Or you could teleport to one of the other cities, or schedule your play time to avoid the event (which lasts for literally hours.)

Friday evening is usually a bad time to get help anyway, due to conflicting with Nation Wars. Hopefully you'll be able to find help (recommend looking for a faction that accepts your level) before long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sign back out. If you arent a major cash shopper you will be hard pressed to catch up to end game gear and weapons by farming.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't listen to Wicked brew...He likes to put Pwi down alot lol.

You don't need to be r9 or even g16 to have a good time. R9 should really just be bought if your into Pk/Pvp/Tw/Nw stuff lol.

You know about Jolly jones guy he gives you free coin and when you do stuff for him.

What level are you?
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sign back out. If you arent a major cash shopper you will be hard pressed to catch up to end game gear and weapons by farming.

I hate this kind of negative attitude.

For one thing, not everbody strives to be R999+12. For another thing, I actually know quite a few people that *have* gotten that gear and have never cash shopped.

But there are perfectly good alternatives that are pretty easy to obtain. It's certainly a lot easier now than it was in the past to farm for decent gear.

There are some people that actually play this game for fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh, I forgot, everything is absolutely wonderful in the land of PWI. It's perfect and run like a well oiled machine. Everyone, especially high levels help low level people, its easy to find low level BH squads, because no one likes FC. The game has no glitches, broken quests, and if it does they are fixed within a week. There are no missing NPCs, no pop up quests that aren't part of our version, PvPers are the sweetest little cupcakes in WC, quests aren't repetitive, and end game quests, there are so many of them...etc.

Rose colored glasses rosey enough for you?
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Here is a solution to your world chat problem! You can completely ignore world chat.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17950291&postcount=10

I recommend you find yourself a good faction that doesn't mind answering newbie questions, it helps a lot.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/2013-07-1512-12-17_zps16f10659.png

They also recently added a new feature, this boat that you can use to teleport for free to raging tides, 1k streams and dreamweaver near archosaur. It doesn't really address your issue, I just found it helpful and neat. xD

@kinky

I missed the part where the broken quests are so numerous that it actually makes it hard to quest. )(oh yeah, they don't) I missed the part where the glitches completely destroy gameplay for most people (they don't.) I missed the part where the only pop-up not in our verision wasn't easily trashable and ignorable. (it is) I missed the part where pvpers are sweet cupcakes in any competitive gaming environment and pvpers (or even RL athelets) never trash talk each other except for here. I missed the part where questing is an essential part of endgame. OP is enjoying himself, you don't have to spoil it with endgame concerns because you aren't satisfied with the best gear in the entire game being harder to get than it probably should be. >__> As for gear for doing things like TT or FWS, that gear has become easy to get.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh, I forgot, everything is absolutely wonderful in the land of PWI. It's perfect and run like a well oiled machine. Everyone, especially high levels help low level people, its easy to find low level BH squads, because no one likes FC. The game has no glitches, broken quests, and if it does they are fixed within a week. There are no missing NPCs, no pop up quests that aren't part of our version, PvPers are the sweetest little cupcakes in WC, quests aren't repetitive, and end game quests, there are so many of them...etc.

There's no game out there that's perfect, I'm sure everyone knows that.

However, you will only be pressed to cash shop if you want to compete in PvP and reach endgame in a matter of days. For somebody who joins the game for the first time, there's plenty of low level content to go through which should keep them busy and entertained.

It is true that low level areas are rather empty but it's always best when you start a new MMO with a friend or two (as OP implied) and being in a faction that has low levels or helps low levels and generally does things for/with its members really improves your PWI experience by a lot.

And if it matters, I got r999 without charging any zen.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2013

All i'm saying is stop trying to scare people away. The game isn't perfect no. and they did fix npc and put the one npc for a quest in and fix stuff.

The negative attitude around here of people sucks.

Every MMO is gonna have big ego'd people espacially pvpers lol
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • aeternusdoleo
    edited July 2013
    Eh, I'm not even looking to catch up. I don't intend to "play to win". PvP isn't my thing. I like slaying evil critters and loads of them - I wager -that- can be done without needing to spend a whole lot of cash. ('Though I admit I will be saving up for an inventory stone - I like gathering stuff and the basic inventory is just too tiny).

I guess WickedBrew is one of the local discontents? Every gaming community has em. I came from a space sim - familiar with them. As for a faction, dunno. Two friends came along with me so we've already got a small group. Who knows, maybe we'll join up with a nice, relaxed faction along the way. It's not something I'm worrying about right now.

As for the game having some glitches... been known to mod a bit. I like to help communities I'm a part of out. Might be a bit hard with a game that originated in China though... So far the only quest glitch I've found is with the Statues quest - one of them didn't give me the requested mission. Forgot which one - I just trashed it.

And err... what's r999?

Dawnglory player:
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2013
    Eh, I'm not even looking to catch up. I don't intend to "play to win". PvP isn't my thing. I like slaying evil critters and loads of them - I wager -that- can be done without needing to spend a whole lot of cash. ('Though I admit I will be saving up for an inventory stone - I like gathering stuff and the basic inventory is just too tiny).

I guess WickedBrew is one of the local discontents? Every gaming community has em. I came from a space sim - familiar with them. As for a faction, dunno. Two friends came along with me so we've already got a small group. Who knows, maybe we'll join up with a nice, relaxed faction along the way. It's not something I'm worrying about right now.

As for the game having some glitches... been known to mod a bit. I like to help communities I'm a part of out. Might be a bit hard with a game that originated in China though... So far the only quest glitch I've found is with the Statues quest - one of them didn't give me the requested mission. Forgot which one - I just trashed it.

And err... what's r999?

Unfortunately neither mentioning other games or modifying game files (beyond ini editing a chars looks and changing to the old UI) is allowed for this game. But if you see a glitch there is a whole section for quality control on the forums now. Most of the glitches are minor and won't disrupt your game. There are a few ones at the endgame that are a bit bigger, but seriously the vast majority of the time they aren't going to interrupt your gameplay. And there are many discontents on the forums, but joining a faction should help out a lot with some of the endgame stuff. And yeah, if PVP is not your thing this game is easy-ish to gear up in. Really the only gear that is hard to get is the endgame pvp stuff, which definitely leans towards pay to win. The PVE equipment is easy and you should have no troubles at all. Happy gaming!

And R999 is that aforementioned, hard-to-obtain, endgamve pvp gear! You do not need it for any of the pve content of this game.

• aeternusdoleo
    edited July 2013
    Ah, right, apologies about naming another game then. I wasn't thinking of modifying the local client - instead offering to help with future patches if that's something help is being asked with. Free games often run on volunteers after all.

PvE is my thing. And harvesting resources. Not sure how much call there is for either of those among factions, but we'll see.

Dawnglory player:
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It isn't really a free game, it's a cash shop game; the only volunteer helpers are the forum mods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Completed - Archosaur
    Completed - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice feedback o_O

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I guess WickedBrew is one of the local discontents? Every gaming community has em.

As for the game having some glitches... been known to mod a bit.

Yep, just like every game has people that want to judge people they claim they know, or simply don't know.

Every game also has tons of people who have, or want to, mod a bit. Some games even have made their last few years totally based on reporting other players, lol. Imagine entire MMOs totally dedicated to knit-picking each other to death.

R9RRR is the best gear in the game. It also costs the most - 1 billion coin is the estimate I have seen for the basic r9. Then you need to recast it twice, then refine and shard it.

The best shards are around 25 million or more each, and a good piece of gear will have 4 sockets.

Its really fun, easy to get, some say only a few weeks.

After hours of questing today, my 3 level 45 - 47 toons brought in a whooping 222K each...yep, Im living the High Life thanks to old Jolly. b:pleased

You seem to fit right in with the upper eschelon. We may see you modding a bit in the future, who knows?

I once heard a rumor, and I have no idea how true it is - but here it is, and maybe Venus or someone can confirm or deny its validity for us both, BUT, if you play your cards right, and get to be a CM/GM, you get free unlimited gold.

If its a true rumor, and you play your cards right, YOU TOO could be the game's next golden child.

Good luck, man! b:victory
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2013
    @Brillance
    I don't get anything for being a volunteer moderator, players don't get free unlimited gold. It's always been a stupid rumor.

@OP

They don't really use player patches for things, but submitting good bug reports could help a lot. :) If you felt like doing that. And herb/mat farming is pretty profitable in the later levels, a lot of people make decent coin off of that. You won't get the best gear in the game by farming things like Jolly Old Jones, as that's for low level players such as yourself to make money for things like leveling your skills, and getting good gear. In fact the high end players farm mats in this instance called TT and many of the TT farmers are able to get some decent gear. In the end, as long as you have your group of friends and perhaps a faction, you should fun in this game. Especially given that PVE content isn't really pay to win, its' the PVP aspect that is and you're not into that. :)

Although if you don't like PVP but can tolerate it, one of the thigns I would look into is nation wars. I don't like PVP really either, thanks to things like the competitive trashtalking and the bragging, and the high costs to be really great at it. Besides the punishing system for the loser in a fight in game. But I do like nation wars. Yeah there is the people who one shot you because you're not in PVP gear, but you can find some decent fights and find ways to contribute. While at the same time making some nice coin. :) And since it's mostly anonymous, you don't have to deal with all the egos and such as much. Not to mention, there isn't any punishment to dying except having to maybe find a different battle if you die too much. That's just my two cents. :)

edited July 2013
    @Brillance
    I don't get anything for being a volunteer moderator, players don't get free unlimited gold. It's always been a stupid rumor.

I wasnt talking about you Venus, afterall, you are a volunteer forum moderator, and not what others would call a Community Manager or a General Manager.

The rumor has it that players can be those, and we all know a lot of games hire their managers/employees from within their player base - not all games, fortunately.

Its easy to believe the rumor, especially on those days when you are watching gold prices, and for some inexplicable reason someone bids 42 gold on a flyer ticket that normally goes for no more than 10 - or someone places 110 gold up for sale for 500K each less than the previous offer....BUT, Im happy to hear you believe its only a stupid rumor.

Thanks. b:victory
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited July 2013
    I wasnt talking about you Venus, afterall, you are a volunteer forum moderator, and not what others would call a Community Manager or a General Manager.

The rumor has it that players can be those, and we all know a lot of games hire their managers/employees from within their player base - not all games, fortunately.

Its easy to believe the rumor, especially on those days when you are watching gold prices, and for some inexplicable reason someone bids 42 gold on a flyer ticket that normally goes for no more than 10 - or someone places 110 gold up for sale for 500K each less than the previous offer....BUT, Im happy to hear you believe its only a stupid rumor.

Thanks. b:victory

Well some people think we are GMs, so I wasn't sure. xD And no, there is a regular job application and everything. It would be stupid for them to just employ players just because they are leet within the game. And anyone who has submitted a ticket can tell that the GMs are not the kind of hardcore players that would attract that type of attention anyway. Fools and their money are soon parted, that's a not reason to think the GMs play this game. >>

edited July 2013
    Fools and their money are soon parted, that's a not reason to think the GMs play this game. >>

Lol, good point about fools and money. +1 b:chuckle

Btw, I said I was going to test the "Farm R9 in a Few weeks" theory. Although I am still skeptical about the few weeks part, Im starting to become a believer.

As with most things, Im still a nublet at money making overall, but Ive done rather well over the last couple of weeks, which is not an easy trick in our current market on my server. One minute something is going for a high price, the next the price plummets.

Anyway, although Im not playing - as in get on and go have fun - but get on and go farm mats, watch gold prices, try to make good choices to merch, Ive done better in the last 2 weeks than the whole previous couple years combined.

Im starting to believe....*zombies off into the sunset, and drools* xD
  • aeternusdoleo
    edited July 2013
    R9RRR is the best gear in the game. It also costs the most - 1 billion coin is the estimate I have seen for the basic r9. Then you need to recast it twice, then refine and shard it.

The best shards are around 25 million or more each, and a good piece of gear will have 4 sockets.

Its really fun, easy to get, some say only a few weeks.
    That won't be my goal anyway. I'm going for a super inventory stone first, so I can vacuum any resources and DQ stuff I come across - and help my friends by crafting a few items for them. We already got lucky with a nice mold for the barbarian, courtesy of Qinghy (hope I spelled that right) for some axes he's now enjoying.
    After hours of questing today, my 3 level 45 - 47 toons brought in a whooping 222K each...yep, Im living the High Life thanks to old Jolly. b:pleased

You seem to fit right in with the upper eschelon. We may see you modding a bit in the future, who knows?

I once heard a rumor, and I have no idea how true it is - but here it is, and maybe Venus or someone can confirm or deny its validity for us both, BUT, if you play your cards right, and get to be a CM/GM, you get free unlimited gold.

If its a true rumor, and you play your cards right, YOU TOO could be the game's next golden child.

Good luck, man! b:victory
    I'm not sure if you're being honest or a bit sarcastic here, but being a "golden child"... what's the point? I enjoy creating things, and improving things. Not beating the living *bleep* out of other people. I've been a GM in that other community I come from, found that particular job quite stressful, because there's just tons of people who live to make other peoples lives difficult. I'd rather be devving then herding trolls and egotrippers...

And as for free money - if you've got nothing left to work on in the game, if you can't progress any further, then what's the point in playing anymore?

Dawnglory player:
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    welcome to the game aeternusdoleo, have fun playing it with your friends.

Dont mind trolls... you can find them everywhereb:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For the rest: Check out pwi's site, if you get hired, as part of your benefit you get some zen with your salary. If you complain so much about a game you play, work for it, and improve it from the inside b:chuckle.

OP: This game will suit you fine in making gear, gathering stuff, killing things. I started that way, and it is super fun to do that. Inv stone will be easier to get, once you get your jolly old jones going, the quests give good money these days.

R999 = pvp end game gear, works really well for pve as well, simply because it is that strong by default.
    edited July 2013
    @ OP,

See what I mean about people who like to label others - especially those they dont really know? Quite common - dime a dozen in any MMO, which says something about society in general. *shrugs*

Oh well, gotta laugh, right? b:chuckle

I'm not sure if you're being honest or a bit sarcastic here, but being a "golden child"... what's the point? I enjoy creating things, and improving things. Not beating the living *bleep* out of other people. I've been a GM in that other community I come from, found that particular job quite stressful, because there's just tons of people who live to make other peoples lives difficult. I'd rather be devving then herding trolls and egotrippers...

And as for free money - if you've got nothing left to work on in the game, if you can't progress any further, then what's the point in playing anymore?

As for my honesty or sarcasm, Im usually honest. I only get sarcastic when people get snotty, lol. I did hear the rumor when I first started playing, always wondered if it was true.

I agree with what you say about people who live to make others lives difficult. Moderating is not an easy task. Being a volunteer can leave you feeling like you are between a rock and a hard place at times. All-in-all, a thankless task, especially if you are doing a good and fair-minded job at it, and/or have a lot of friends in the game that you have to moderate well too. Sometimes they think because they are friends with a mod, they have license to be as they please. Some "friends" will even abuse their friendship, and literally use you to mess with others. (And as a pre-emptive strike, this is not at dig at the moderators on this forum. Sometimes people just love to put words in my mouth for me, that simply are not there).

This game has been around as long as other older games almost. The people here generally love the game. As with anything or anyone you love, you want to see it improve and be its best. Sometimes that would even involve getting back to a game's original roots.

Afterall, if people didnt love PWI, they wouldnt use it as their gaming home base, or in between game resting hub. They wouldn't keep logging in, just like I do, and try to find ways to make it work for them as an enjoyable recreation.

No, Im quite honest, and honesty makes people hate on you too. It is what it is.

Anyways, you will enjoy the game up until you hit 100. After that, its up to you to figure out how its going to work for each individual. Fortunately, you are allowed 2 accounts with 10 chars each. So, if you find endgame boring, there is plenty of time and space to do something new.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2013
    My responses are in Blue =)
    Well, figure it's about time to shout out - without using a horn token, mind you. That gets spammy enough.

I started playing on Morai (euro) not too long ago after a tip from a friend. The flight aspect of the game caught our interest. I've since then played quite a bit - learning the game as I go. It was a bit overwhelming at first, but I guess I caught on now. So far, my first impressions:
    The good:
    - The game guides you well in the early stages.
    - Diverse classes make for interesting combination play. Effective teams may require some planning in advance on how to complement eachother.
    - The mining-and-crafting system is nice. I enjoy a good bit of resourcing... probably harvested well in excess of a few thousand units already, mostly tier 1 and 2 stuff.
    - Lots of flashy stuff.

The bad:
    - Archosaur is cluttered. Really cluttered. I've got a high end computer system, but even that one can't keep up without performance mode down there. I don't like going into the main city for that reason. Isn't there any way to limit the amount of shops in a certain area? Probably too late for that now...
    You can reduce your draw distance and character display distance. I'll sometimes just hit the "Performance Mode" button when going into archosaur. This is mainly because of a limitation in the client code. It will only ever use one CPU, no matter how many you have, and it doesn't use the GPU to draw graphics. It only uses the video card to display the images on your screen. (Client was written before multi-core processors were in the consumer market and high-end video cards were merely 32MB.
    - Shops in the form of... Cats? Zippos? Seriously...? Not what I expect in an quasi asian medieval fantasy setting. That motorcycle mount was a bit of a turnoff as well. Shops in the form of sword&shield displays, armor stands, barrels of berries and herbs... kinda to signify the nature of the store, would have been both more immersive, and easier on potential shoppers.
    It's a China thing. You get used to it.
    - The game still feels a bit pay-to-win-ish to me, but I suppose something has to keep the server running. The ability to buy the boutique gold for lots of ingame gold offsets this a bit for me. Just means a longer grind to get to the gear that's in the boutique. I don't mind grinding 10M for that inventory upgrade... will get there. Eventually.
    Most any F2P game that relies this heavily on the boutique will be like this after it's been running for a few years. PWI has been Pay-2-Win for a couple of years now, which is primarily why you don't see me around as much. Time is too valuable to waste farming, and money is too valuable to waste on pixels.

The ugly:
    - Have to turn off the world channel or the message box becomes unusable. Just way too much chatter being pumped in there that I guess should be in the trade channel instead. But a quick reconfigure of the Faction chat options helps sort that (all, minus world). It would be helpful if you could turn off the "World" channel in normal chat as well.
    You can edit the chat settings. This has already been answered in the thread I'm pretty sure. I have a guide around somewhere too.
    - Heading out of Argosaur on foot since you haven't gotten your flier yet, straight into a massive attack at the city... that was a bit annoying. Got stuck until I figured out how to use that free chest you get in the inventory - it dispensed a temporary flier. If not, I'd have been stuck until that event was over. I tried asking people about it but noone answered me. Guess helping newbies isn't something the higher levels enjoy doing. That's allright though, I'll figure it out.
    ...They don't really use player patches for things, but submitting good bug reports could help a lot. :)...
    Yeah, I finally quit submitting code to fix bugs a short while before we lost frankieraye. I mean some of it's just stupid simple fixes and required only minor changes in the code. Still I can only think of a couple of things I've ever submitted actually being implemented, and that happened SO long after I submitted it, it'd be willing to bet they just finally figured it out on their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]