full r8 vs full nv3 ha

D_E_V_I_L - Lost City
D_E_V_I_L - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Seeker
what would be a better suit? eventually plan to go r9+ but currently lvl 94 and having hard time finding people to farm hh99 with and find coins to buy the mats.. any suggestions? should i just go r8 and be done with it or should i farm for the hh99?
Post edited by D_E_V_I_L - Lost City on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah buddy gotta get that Hwilight Hemple armor.

Depends on how much you can get in a certain time frame. If you aren't a CSer or heavy farmer get N3 and save for R9. N3 is cheap as a mo once you get the TT99. TeeTee. Twilight Temple.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    NT3 > R8

It's really truly worth the investment of time and farming and etc, it outdoes it by a lot.

~Full R8 Seeker.

~Full NT3 Seeker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    o.0 why a magic attendance ring?

http://pwcalc.com/65bcf86b703b1e05 <- tweaked g16 nirvy build which is pretty close to my actual stats, shards, and gear. gear isn't max stats, but the meridian bonus puts it pretty close to what you see there.

But yes, Nirvy stage 3 is pretty cheap to come by once you get the gold mats out of the way, and is actually better than stage 1 rank 9 as well. Unless you can afford to go to stage 3 Rank 9, Nirvy G16 would be the way to go. Be sure to collect as many Warsong Inscriptions as you can on your badge farming runs, so you can make the belt of your choosing (I prefer the elemental belt myself)
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here is what my seeker looks like right now (the numbers are slightly off due to the meridians and I must have missed something somewhere... I know I have 21k hp and 10k magic defense with buffs). Anyway, you will be able to survive a lot more damage in the N3 gear than you would in R8.

http://www.pwcalc.com/d85148b7a7789d3b

If you plan to go r9 obviously you wouldn't take it this far, but you can keep the cape, hat, necklace, and whatever rings you use. I won't go r9 because my characters share gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here again, in regards to the build linked above, I am curious as to why you choose the magic attack ring of Sign of Antiquity: Chaos, as opposed to something like another Sky Cover or the slightly less expensive Sight of Frost: Chaos. Unless I'm missing something here, Seeker metal skills work just like an archer's metal skills do. That is to say that they are based off of the physical attack stat, and not the magical attack stat. I can understand going for a high grade and high refine magical attack ring if you want to take advantage of the magic defenses gained from refining the. But, with the Sign of Antiquity, you're only gaining 117 mdef per element at +5 refine, and nothing to physical attack. Sure you gain the minus channeling, but with blade affinity - you don't really (IMHO) need that stat for your seeker. The Sign of Frost comes with +200 MDEF (across the board!) by default and refines for physical defense, which it seems you engraved for.. and the other engraving (+40 mag attack) seems to me to be wasted. That is unless I am entirely wrong about how seeker Battousai, Heartseeker, Edged Blur, Ion Spike, Gemeni addon, etc work.

EG:
    Heartseeker (level 1):

Deals Metal damage equal to base Physical Attack, plus 55% of weapon damage (self note - this is a physical attack weapon, not a magical attack weapon - so all bonus here is based off of physical attack stat as well), plus 1050.8. Has a 43% chance to immobilize the target for for 8 seconds.

So, going by this, I am entirely perplexed as to why not 1 but 2 seekers here in this thread have suggested the use of magical attack rings as opposed to physical attack rings. Again, for the purposes of defenses (as a catapuller or flag carrier NW for example) I understand a high grade, high refined mdef ring. But a lower grade, low or no refine magic attack ring seems just a waste on seeker. Going back to the sign of frost Chaos, a +5 refine gains a +207 pdef bonus per ring, and as mentioned it comes with +200 mdef by default. If the goal is to gain mdef from magic rings - a refine level that places you anywhere below the level given by the Sign of Frost, on a Sign of Antiquity just seems a waste of money to me, as you are loosing both defenses (from refine level bonuses) as well as DD power (from not having damage addition to your ring)

Or is this in the hopes that Vortex Channels 6% faster (not sure if that is even possible - though I did get a cleric to RB for me on full Delta tonight to add about 3k to my max physical damage stat). For what it's worth, my seeker build linked above never ticked once in that full delta and BB was rarely if ever up.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    not sure about Zhei's ring but Fissile's look like a ring from a AA alt used for mdef and the nice engraving. for the record, switching that ring to a p.ring would give around 500 extra base attack which is pretty trivial, especially since seekers mostly use skills in which base dmg is but a part of the total damage.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ah- I wasn't paying attention to what ornies and etc I was putting in, I was only concentrating on the R8/N3 since that is what the OP of the thread is about 'xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    not sure about Zhei's ring but Fissile's look like a ring from a AA alt used for mdef and the nice engraving. for the record, switching that ring to a p.ring would give around 500 extra base attack which is pretty trivial, especially since seekers mostly use skills in which base dmg is but a part of the total damage.

Bingo. I also have a mob drop (not refined or engraved obviously) Ring of the Defeated with physical attack +28, +24, +18 adds that i switch in if I need more attack. Eventually I am going to make a Moon's Embrace and Star's Destiny but I just sold all of my seals of war (89) to buy vit stones and ocean orbs for this gear set b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    what would be a better suit? eventually plan to go r9+ but currently lvl 94 and having hard time finding people to farm hh99 with and find coins to buy the mats.. any suggestions? should i just go r8 and be done with it or should i farm for the hh99?
    if you farm Herpderp Hall, you could possibly still use it on another class if its on the same account as opposed to rank gear thats class specific
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You have difficulty getting the coins for G16. Are you aware what r9.3 will cost ?

And the fact that R9.3 poorly refined is worse than G16 with all that money invested in refines ?

Taken that in mind, going r9 starts to be usefull by the time you invested 2,5b or so.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You have difficulty getting the coins for G16. Are you aware what r9.3 will cost ?

And the fact that R9.3 poorly refined is worse than G16 with all that money invested in refines ?

Taken that in mind, going r9 starts to be usefull by the time you invested 2,5b or so.

eventually he will refine and shard it b:avoid

only has to beat the R10 release
    you only purge once #yopo