new TM SoT/ABA content as broken and inaccessible as pre-expansion version

Options
Clergywoman - Raging Tide
Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Quality Corner
in my former post i described the bugs of Abaddon and Seat of Torment Trophy Modes. sadly those bugs are still in game and therefore make it nearly impossible to get Trophy Mode medals and thereby make it equally impossible to acquire the new Trophy Mode Gear that was introduced with the latest Rising Call expansion. foxy alone
gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
Post edited by Clergywoman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I talked with someone on my server recently who ran trophy mode in SoT regularly prior to this expansion and never had an issue. At the same time there were others complaining that starting trophy mode resulted in some members of the squad not porting into the instance, or disconnecting and not being able to sign back on for 5 minutes or so.

Some people seem to always have problems with it while others say they never have problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Revamped SoT Trophy Mode Bug

This is a short clip to demonstrate what happens as our squad attempted the Trophy Mode SoT today. I'm wondering if maybe there is a bug in the distribution of the Trophy Mode token and some sort of "lag" between the times the server tries to issue the token and the time it takes to port into the instance. I guess what I question here is does the server issue the trophy mode token too slowly than the time it takes it takes for some players to port in? Or do the players have a worse ping and don't receive the token before the server reports that they have entered the instance? I have a feeling it is somehow a timing issue and maybe what if the programmers delayed the porting into the instance until everyone gets the time it takes to possess the item? Just a guess from a non game programmer, so I know it might sound like a foolish idea, but I wanted to throw that out there.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Revamped SoT Trophy Mode Bug

This is a short clip to demonstrate what happens as our squad attempted the Trophy Mode SoT today. I'm wondering if maybe there is a bug in the distribution of the Trophy Mode token and some sort of "lag" between the times the server tries to issue the token and the time it takes to port into the instance. I guess what I question here is does the server issue the trophy mode token too slowly than the time it takes it takes for some players to port in? Or do the players have a worse ping and don't receive the token before the server reports that they have entered the instance? I have a feeling it is somehow a timing issue and maybe what if the programmers delayed the porting into the instance until everyone gets the time it takes to possess the item? Just a guess from a non game programmer, so I know it might sound like a foolish idea, but I wanted to throw that out there.

I got the same thing last night, we tried 2 times and both times people was dcing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options

EDIT: So, anyway, if the patch workers are scratching their heads to find the spot in the code to fix up, then will someone please contact the Chinese and find out the "exploit" that they use in order to bypass the spot where the game fumbles the items needed to start the show? I saw the chineses demonstration youtube and it appears at the start that they all rush the entrance to the instance as the quest is activating. Does this avoid the struggle that the server experiences in getting the necessary items in place? The trouble is that you need a well coordinated team without any lagging folks whom are able to synchronize their "exploit" if this is even the technique they use. If they have no special method to enter, then at least someone tried to reach out and see if the chinese player base has solved this issue or not.

So any word on any of all this? Trophy mode is one of the only challenges for top of the line end game toons and we can't even get one started with the evil disconnect bug taking half the squad out. Not to mention glitching the instance without hope for reward since it bugs the reward after the mass dc for the remaining members and being left with 6 or 7 folks to do a rewardless run when it is designed now for 10 players.

I guarantee if your precious meridian system were bugged and unusable that they would jump right on that fix, because hey we needs to move them holy pills packs in the boutique now don't we? Trophy mode is free and easy for a fully geared team of 10, so why bother fixing it when those folks ain't paying the rent?

Well how bout coz them fully geared trophy mode wanna do's have been paying to help your game for over 3 years huh? Don't you feel like you owe them some customer service to enjoy the game? The end game players will start to get sick of guild base questing and timed moriah quests and moriah events and talking with the teacher lady and easy peasy BH daily and looking for pvp at west gate.

Gratz on getting the teacher lady involved, o btw, I haven't spoken with her in a couple years until you gave her something to do for geared players.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Everytime i tried to enter TM sot with a full squad of 10, it was the last 4 players that entered the squad who got DC.
    so i sent them inside the instance, Kicked them.
    took the quest. and added them back once inside.
    once we teleported to the 1st area, all 10 players had the TM score quest.
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Strangely enough the first day of the expansion I did a TM SoT with 10 people and everyone got in no DCs at all. However the 2nd and everyday after I have been running into that DC bug where only 5-6 members stay in party. Idk if anyone else tried on the first day and was able to get in as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics