Sry DW on NW Chats :P

Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Tideswell (East)
Hi DW Sel here just want yall to know im sorry if i annoying anyone in NW nation chats. I dont run vent nor do I have every single person on the server in my FL, For me I love NW, and always look forward to having a good NW at that. I dont mean i must be in a winning nation but when in a Nation that gives it they best and do the next best thing is what i so enjoy.

If cant come in 1st place i try to get ppl to help keep the score gap close. I dont feel theres enough communication sometimes as a nation so i wil be seen often in Nation Chat ..when im up against Dark for example, and i ask in Nation chat how the fight with Light or Flame..i'm just tryna get the feel of the war, and most times i will ask certain ppl to take they squads to help support here or there. Im not greedy as an individual player, i just want our Nation to put up one of the best fights as can. I would like to say Thank you to those that do respond to my chats and help with War update. It really does help and helps make the whole thing even more fun. When i see ppl in my nation calling our for back up or "need help/ more" believe me when i say i do check the stragic map and see if we can get there soon as possible. If ur blocked i will most times reply to give it what u got .

So again I dont mean to annoy or spam Nation Chats..im just really into the war. :) b:victory
To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
Team work is Flawless,
To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
Post edited by Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol why are you sorry for communicating in nw?
    The amount of people who fails to even communicate the flag spawn in a fight 2:1 in their favor or 4:1 in their favor makes me loose faith in NW. At this point, I don't even bother anymore. It's "amazing" in a 20v5, the 5 still grabs the flag.

Seriously its not that hard. At least IG and grab it. I rather a level 90 on my side get it than a r9rr barb on their side. lol
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wacky and I theorize that the reason our nation wins so often is because we take care of nation instead of going just for personal points o.o

Communication is good stuff.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    omg azn...now u are the reason why ur nation wins????? even if u comunicate wiht ur nation sometimes ppl dont care. and if u get a nation wiht lots of alts u might lose anyways. happen to flame on friday. we were 1 then second and ended last. why? couse we had lots of alts there. around 30 ppl sitting in base all the time when we wasnt base lock. the first 30 mins it was fine then i guess ppl started to swap to other toons and u could see 30+ alts sitting in base or nearly lands. even more, in some fights u could see players doing nothing in the spawn point, just dieing. making a war 5 vs 5 when it was 20 flames vs 5 light.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    No no, lol, clearly you can never say that one squad is 'the only reason' a nation wins or loses, that is preposterous.

But what our squad does try to do is look constantly at the map and see where we can be of best use, since if we enter early enough, our squad has a decent chance of winning most battles, regardless of who is there.

Now, some of those similarly strong squads prefer to rack up a lot of points by 'going for the throat' as I term it. That is, drive to the enemy base, go back and forth between 2 lands perhaps, and become an 'island' (another term wacky and I use). That is, they are completely cut off from the rest of the nation, they can't get reinforcements, not helping defend the nation periphery, getting a lot of points for themselves but generally not helping the nation at all.

Our squad, on the other hand, will sometimes decide to split up to go take 3, 4 lands, then regroup for the tough fights. So whereas the strong squad may win 1 hard fight after 1 hard fight, our squad may win 2 easy fights, barely win a moderately hard one, and lose a tough one, all in the same time frame. After losing the tough one we'd try to stop whoever beat us. So you can see that while our points clearly won't be as good, the nation benefits a lot more from this approach. And, in a roundabout way, if the nation benefits, we benefit too.

Cheers,

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    isnt that what strong squads should do?

well my squad isnt teh most op one, + the setup isnt the best. we dont have venos neither barb. but we also try to do the best for the faction. for example yesterday we were going for dark and when we saw light coming bk we tried to stop light. ofc one squad doesnt make the diference when u have 30 alts sitting on base.... i know it is crazy to ask ppl to not multi client in nw, and asking to gms to not let them it is useless too, but when ppl use alts and start swaping it hurts ur nation a lot. more if one nation got all the alts :P

and yeah got ur point now azn, and i guess most op squads do the same. not just ur squad :P i have been wiht op squads in same nation all the time and i saw those squads doing that. perhaps better comunication between op squads in same nation to coordinate could make that nation a winner. idk if yesterday dyna squad and tempest squad were coordinating. but what i saw in light was that relic squad, tempest squad and dyna squad were working toghether in diferent lands. like relic squad went for one land, dyna for the land next to it and tempest squad for the other land. at least thats what i saw in light. the 3 squads there were well coordinated, idk if it was on purpose or squads lead just did they job well.
    in the other hand, lame squads wasnt coordinating, i saw damy and lidstrom in our nation, but we didnt coordinate anything. and i guess they were split over the map, couse dammy and granith were always alone or at least they were when i saw them.

guess this sunday i will ask my squad lead (again) to start coordinating wiht other squads leads, thing i said many time but no1 like to listen this old grumbler bm :P
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Yeah hehe. No I think it was accidental coordination. We are all constantly pressing M to study the map, and mostly what we are looking for are:

1) where is enemy pushing through, and are they doing it in outnumbered situations? (ie, identifying where the strong enemy squads are)

2) is it a single squad being a threat, or multiple? (ie, do we have to deal with the strong squad, or can we just flow around it and let it become an island) If its multiple strong squads and base lock is threat, we head back to base to defend sometimes

3) are all the lands that could be attacked getting attacked? (ie, we can reclaim a flame land close to our base but for 2 minutes nobody has attacked it; get 1 person from our squad to go win that land/start it going until reinforcements arrive)

4) are there lands of ours getting attacked where there is nobody from our side defending? splinter 1/2 ppl from group to go defend, and wait to hear from them if they need more help or not

5) is the fight we are in worth being in? (more frequently, I'll enter a land, help it long enough till I'm fairly sure of the enemy strength in there, then go leave to help lands that need the help more; I facilitate this by always stopping for a moment in the land prior to the one I'm entering, so when I click 'leave the battlefield' I don't always get sent back to base)

Within battles, there is also constant vent chatter. We communicate flag location, right click-whisper to see who has flag for enemy+identifying strong dds who don't die instantly/hit hard, asking for assist attack, coordinating purge/debuffs on key targets

+other random stuff

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wacky and I theorize that the reason our nation wins so often is because we take care of nation instead of going just for personal points o.o

Communication is good stuff.

Your nation was doing so horrible and in last place....My nation was in first place. The squads I was grouped in weren't communicating with one another too well, and we had some over powered players...You were in Light and I was in Flame...and eventually we just lost the majoirty of our lands.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    Your nation was doing so horrible and in last place....My nation was in first place. The squads I was grouped in weren't communicating with one another too well, and we had some over powered players...You were in Light and I was in Flame...and eventually we just lost the majoirty of our lands.

i was in flame too, and that happened couse we got many ppl that were muti client, and suddenly ppl started to swap between toons, to get enough contribution to gain tokens in all their toons. thing is, it seems our nation had the most inactive toons and thats why we had so many ppl sitting in our base. once our nation started to ranked last, ppl didnt swap bk to the toons that were in flame...
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dunno how it could work in here, and guess we alt-tab wouldnt be effective but, some kind of AFK detection feature like it exists on some Legends and League game could be nice
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    some Kind Of Afk Detection Feature Like It Exists On Some Legends And League Game Could Be Nice

Yes..
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol why are you sorry for communicating in nw?
    The amount of people who fails to even communicate the flag spawn in a fight 2:1 in their favor or 4:1 in their favor makes me loose faith in NW. At this point, I don't even bother anymore. It's "amazing" in a 20v5, the 5 still grabs the flag.

Seriously its not that hard. At least IG and grab it. I rather a level 90 on my side get it than a r9rr barb on their side. lol

Pretty much this, majority of the time I will find myself being the only one in a battle that is shouting out where the flag is. I go as far as saying which spawn I am checking and ask others in the battle to check the other two. It amazes me that almost noone else communicates and I almost always get no response when I ask "where is the flag". So like Zsw I get to a point where I just can't be bothered with others and stop talking.

Unfortunately due to football I can only make the odd NW and often have to leave part way through so it is usually my choice to go in solo. So I often find myself with a random war with 19 others losing to a well communicating group of 5-10 people. So annoying..
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    i wanted to add, that some ppl are afraid to talk in nw couse i remember valentessa(cleric from vex) saying that if u talked in nw battle enemy could read u. we had a big argument there and she still keep saying it.

GUYS: TALKING IN NW BATTLES: ONLY UR NW MATES WILL READ U, NOT THE ENEMY!
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well again i appreciate some of the communication i get in NW, Hell even my squad will stop what we doing and go back to base to short cut it and hurry to help the other side of the fight. But like it was mention earlier from Z, I do get a bit fustrated when there is no Flag spotters or ppl wont say anything on where the flag is.

My squad not the best op squad you will find in DW but we do try to our best to be of help Nation side. Some Flag runners I cant kill on my own but if im close I will stun, slow, freeze best to my ability for others to reach them IF they paying attention.

My thread was mainly to say i'm sorry if it seems like im spamming battle or nation chat. I had no complaints but the thought did come to mind.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Nev_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    umad bro?b:cute

DW Wizard - Celestial Demon
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Spam more imo. Tis not spammed enough o: