armor or weap first?

whosaywhut
whosaywhut Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Seeker
Yeahp, like the title says. I currently have 12.7k hp 10.3k ish pdef and around 4.5k mdef, 57 def lvls(base). I wanted to know if I should go for the r9 armor first or the weapon?. I'm currently using a t3+4 sword and I dont have any problems in terms of pve but yeah, which one should I aim for first?
Post edited by whosaywhut on

Comments

• Enviouz - Lost City
    Enviouz - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get the weapon out of the way first, then the rest seems easy ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StealthBlow - Archosaur
    StealthBlow - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get the weapon out of the way first, then the rest seems easy ;D

+1
    Anyways now a days weapons are asked first when u wanna join a squad :D
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Armor. Since you already have N3 the r9 weapon is a step backwards. Also, with +35 def level buff, amor for seekers goes a much longer way than for other classes. We are also a tanking class more than a dd class, meant to draw aggro while others around us nuke, and many of our combos are rather long (Gemini's channeling, long QpQ combos...) and require us to survive until we can setup a series of hard attacks.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Armor. Since you already have N3 the r9 weapon is a step backwards. Also, with +35 def level buff, amor for seekers goes a much longer way than for other classes. We are also a tanking class more than a dd class, meant to draw aggro while others around us nuke, and many of our combos are rather long (Gemini's channeling, long QpQ combos...) and require us to survive until we can setup a series of hard attacks.

^Yes yes. I myself went Armor first and never regretted it. I actually think people who do weapon first are quite a bit silly, because if you don't have the survivability to actually get off a hit with that hard hitting weapon then what is the point? 'xD
    +1
    Anyways now a days weapons are asked first when u wanna join a squad :D

^ Stupid Reason, if they can't get into a fw/fl/fd or whatever on a T3 sword then whoever is making the squad needs to go jump off a large cliff >.>'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The r9 weapon cost almost as much as the 6 piece r9 set, so you should get the armor set first. Don't forget all the bonuses you get from the 6 piece set (20 def lvl, 25 att lvl, 5 crit). You can get more damage and defense as oppose to just getting only a bit more damage with the r9 wep alone.
  • whosaywhut
    edited May 2013
    Cool, I guess I'll go for the armor then lol, thanks for the help
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny when you hit a person with R9 weapon for a ridiculous amount and realize they're using **** gear with godly weapon.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I may agree with going armor first, but this statement is completely wrong.... R9 weapon is much better than nirvana s3 because of its gof. for seekers they need that extra chance of insane spike damage to be able to kill well geared players. I can sit there and tank an nirvana s3 seeker, but r9 is a whole different story. The r9 adds enough damage that they can easily pull off kills when they need it. But in the end, go for the armor because the insane survivability is much more worthwhile from the beginning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    honestly it looks like you should get a cube neck first im assuming you dont have one cause of the low m def if you do.. refine it. secondly if you already have g16 armor i would suggest getting the weapon first you wont want to refine 1st cast r9 or r9 2nd cast armor so unless you plan on going straight to third cast armor it isnt worth doing you will lose hp and will be better off wearing your old armor. 1st cast weapon can easily be refined to +3 which will surpass your +4 t3 weapon.
  • whosaywhut
    edited May 2013
    actually, i have mdef cube neck +10,i just had a mixture of 3 LA +10 armor, 2 pieces g16, some +10 rings and a +12 warsoul :S
  • Niobus - Archosaur
    Niobus - Archosaur Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reading, what kind of armor you got I would take the weapon first, since the GOF on the R9 weapon really rocks. if you start with the armor keep in mind you need to refine it to keep your HP or def, so you would have to get R9 and refine at the same time which makes it a higher amount of money at a short time.

For the one saying R9 is a backstep if you got T3 : no it isn't. At least not if your T3 isn't high refined.

In the end it depends on you: If you want bigger dmg numbers - get the weapon first. If you want to survive longer - get the armor.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reading, what kind of armor you got I would take the weapon first, since the GOF on the R9 weapon really rocks. if you start with the armor keep in mind you need to refine it to keep your HP or def, so you would have to get R9 and refine at the same time which makes it a higher amount of money at a short time.

For the one saying R9 is a backstep if you got T3 : no it isn't. At least not if your T3 isn't high refined.

In the end it depends on you: If you want bigger dmg numbers - get the weapon first. If you want to survive longer - get the armor.

._. There is no point in refining first cast R9 anymore, because it has become so easy to recast it. -refine, shard and use it once it's third casted.
    T3 is better than first cast R9, don't switch to your R9 until it is at least +5 and third re-casted because you will honestly be going backwards. as you are +10 and above.
    @Niobus, have you actually looked at the stats on T3 compared to R9? (just normal R9) because you will find that T3 is better.

I would suggest now going the weap maybe? because you are T3 and highly refined.
    Unless you can use super CS power and get all of it and refine all of it in a short time frame then it wouldn't really matter.
    But yes, weap first since you are highly refined.
    -unless you want more survivability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • whosaywhut
    edited May 2013
    i guess i shouldve been more detailed about my post.. lol. Ah well, I got the bracers and the belt for now so I guess i'll stick with those two and get the weapon before I finish up my armor since i've only got 3 pieces of armor left which is pretty cheap. The extra def lvl and the belt which is about 100x better than my old warsong belt makes me tankier now even with 12.2k hp so that's good. Guess i'll aim for the weap now then :)