Seeking Seeker Advice

nabturi
nabturi Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Seeker
So I recently just started playing this game about a week ago, i am currently a level 43 seeker.

Going with 5 str 3 dex 2 vit every 2 levels

Zeal genie.

The problem I am having is knowing what to do with my genie. I got a level 14 genie so far, and no stats or affinities have been spent yet.

Could any experienced seeker tell me what i should put my genies points into, and what affinities.

I am looking for a PVE Genie. One to help me either, do more damage, preserve me, or debuff them.

I just need genie advice and google is terrible for getting information about this game. lol.
Post edited by nabturi on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As long as you dont know what you want, just let it level and dont assign any points.

Zeal is a good start, it is a usefull skill for pulling mobs out of a crowd without aggroing the others. Its one of the most usefull pve skills.

Other skills that i advise you to consider are:

Holy Path: (almost every single genie people make has this skill, it is convenient for impatient gamers like we all are, it is invaluable in the cube, a very important pvp skill and sometimes a life saver in pve.

Tree of Protection: Your healing spell preferably have some good strength on your genie.

Tangling mire & Extreme poison: debuffs that help you do more damage. These are espescially nice later on when you are in squads where everyone sparks at the same time and use stack all these damage enhancing skills together to bring bosses down in 15 seconds.

When your genie is very high level, it can learn absolute domain that makes you imune to all damage and debufs. But by the time you are going to consider learning that, you probably have leveled several other genies already.

Most likely you want to start out by putting 40 points into vit & mag and 40 in either str OR dex (depending on the skills you choose) after 40 the points are going to be half as effective. So when you have them all to 40, you choose one of these 3 to progress further. (vit for a bigger energy pool, mag for faster regeneration, dex/str for more powerfull spells)

All genie spells have a rather short duration. When you are doing the PvE questing like you are doing now, they may seem rather insignificant and when you read of these skills you may wonder what all the buzz is about. And you are right, they are rather insignificant where you are in the game. In PvP and the highest level PvE where people want to finish their instances solo and/or ultra fast is where genies come to shine. For now id just get that holy path and Tree of Protection so you have a good healing skill and you can keep up with your squad when they are all using their running skills.

My google is doing a pretty darn good job btw. :)
    http://www.ecatomb.net/genieskill.php
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Genie_Guides
  • nabturi
    edited April 2013
    thank you that was some good advice, I think for now i will continue leveling up my genie. I dont really go into squads at all i just quest, and i dont think i am going to pvp on my seeker i might make a different class for that. I probably wont be going into instances till a higher level or something idk. Also oyu mentioned killing bosses in 15 seconds. Is end game really that easy? I mean thats going to be boring for me if we just slaughter the boss very easily. I like a challenge, wheres the balance in this game???
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Well yes, end game can be that easy.

You level up to level 100 and everything is challenging and the difficulty properly balanced with your characters progress. But after are level 100, the equipment keeps progressing. If you look at your equipment you see it has a "level" not the character level requirement, but the weapon level. Probably at your level you are using equipment around lvl 5 or so. As you level up, you gradually grow to lvl 11 equipment (TT90) With this equipment your end game instances are challenging, some very chalenging and youll have to prove your worth to some other players before they will take you with their squad into an instance because some consider it simply not sufficient for these instances. (and honestly for the hardest it really isn't sufficient indeed) Then comes the lvl 12 equipment (TT99) With most characters, this is not a huge step forward and end game is still challenging.

However, the right combination of G12 equipment will allow characters to gain 5 attacks per second attack speed. This is easy and convenient to do for barbs, sins and BMs. Archers sometimes do it as well. This is where the balance goes wrong. This attack speed together with life steal enables these characters to solo many bosses without a healer.

That was however with G12 equipment. With that equipment it is challenging for these players to take on bosses solo. they cannot solo every boss there is, and certainly it will take much more than 15 seconds. Only when they are in squad it may take less than a minute.

That is however not where it ends, the equipment progresses all the way to lvl 16. After making the initial game where player level and pve content was to level 100, they did not add new higher level content but they did keep adding new higher level weapons. So it is kind of beyond end game from pve perspective. When level 16 weapons are combined with the needed attack speed gear and this gear is well refined, that is when a squad of such players will be able to kill most bosses in 15 seconds and a single player can solo most any boss in the game. The high end attack speed assasin deals about 400.000 dmg per second. This can be amplified by genie skills and other characters buffs and debufs to over a million.

All this equipment is pretty expensive though so unless you are a very active player or be willing to spend lots of dollars, you may never get it. You are however right and very early to recognise the issue. Many players have a strong dislike for this whole concept of high attack speed as it destroyed the balance of the game.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Holy Path and Tree of Protection are must haves.

Zeal is almost a must have until endgame where even clerics will have a pulling genie in their inventory.

Alpha Male is a must have if you want to tank and generally play the role of a tank which means keeping your squad alive.

At higher levels your going to want Cloud Eruption for things like BH delta and even BH lunar. But at low and medium levels you can do without it. But its always a good skill to have. At higher levels Absolute Domain is a common choice for all classes.

Tangling Mire is an optional damage amp which works well with Vortex but has an awful graphic which slows down the video.

That's really all you need to know PVE genies for seekers aren't complicated to understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nabturi
    edited April 2013
    I have my seeker at level 45 atm, i am currently spending my exp to level my genie, which so far is at 22. I havent spent any points or affinities yet.

My question is, for a seeker, how should i distribute the points (not the affinities, i can always find info on that, never the stats though).

I am not going to be a pvp seeker, i think mostly just pve, and soloing. Maybe helping out in instances. I went with the 5 str 3 dex 2 vit, stopped at 50 vit and now im going 6str 4dex

Please any seekers, give me an idea how to distribute the stats on my genie. I know skills like ToP are some skills i am going to want, but idk i need advice.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I misunderstood the question..

Edit: For points, you want high dex(about 30 would suffice) for EP(Extreme Poison?) And getting Cloud Eruption, or whatever that chi genie skill is, isn't a bad idea either. Think you will need str for that.

Most likely you will be pulling in FCC, so you want decent VIT too. About 40.. just enough to have 2 holy paths. It's kind of a "number cruncher" genie setup and there will be times, you have to decide what skill you want to use over the other.

Good genies can be expensive to make(if you use mirrors).

If you can't make one yourself, don't fret, just save your money for later and look for a good genie to buy.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    The genie is getting 1 statpoint per level + a random number of lucky points every 10 levels.

If that random number ends up being somewhere in the middle, your going to have about 150 stat points in total by lvl 100.

As said, after assigning 40 to one thing, the effect is going down (from then you will need to points to increase that stat 1 more)

So i recommend making a choise between going for str based skills or dex based skills. Personally i prefer str. Cloud eruption, tree of protection and tangling mire are str based. Extreme poison is dex based.
    Holy path doesnt need either.

So i'd recommend str based skills.

Please be carefull with that suggestion of alpha male. Do not use it when a barb is around unless the cleric is about to die. :)

Then you assign from those 150 points 40 to mag, 40 to vit, 40 to str.
    The remaining 30 you are going to assign to either 1 of those. You can choose this yourself after you have gotten your genie as far as having so many points. As said, mag for faster regeneration and thuse more spells per minute, vit for a bigger pool and thus more spells initially, str for stronger spells.

For the affinity points you need to look at the spels you want and in what order you want them. You are going to have to make choises out of those suggested to you because the amount of skills it can learn are limited. Start however with holy path and tree of protection. In the 2 links i gave you in first reply, you can see what affinity points are needed for the skills. In this case you will need 3 wood, 3 water, 2 metal, 2 earth.

You keep asking about genies and talk about your own stats. Dont mix things up when we talk about str and dex in the genie context. We were talking about genie stat points.

For your own stat points, you want to end up with 160 dex at level including the bonusses you get from equipment, vit optional, str all the rest. So what you are doing looks good, but take care not to assign too many points to dex. 3* your level should do for base dex. Then when you are 90+, start looking at what equipment you plan to have and stop at exactly the right number of dex (for example if you are going for equipment that gives 17 dex, go for 143 base dex at level 100)
  • soundslegit
    edited April 2013
    For anyone reading this if your not sure how to stat your genie put enough vit in to use the skills you want and put the rest into magic. You will very rarely go wrong using this method.

There are some situations, mostly in PVP, where a high dex or high strength genie is preferred. But even the people who have high strength/dex genies will have others in their inventory. For a general purpose PVP or PVE genie vit and magic are the best stats. If your only going to have one genie for god's sake don't make it a dex or strength genie.

I honestly can't remember a time I've stated a genie and regretted how much I put into magic. But I have genies with more strength or dex than I now wish they had.

How often do you die because you clicked on a genie skill and it wasn't powerful enough due to lack of dex or strength? But people die all the time clicking on a grey outed genie skill button that could have saved them if the genie had enough energy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    For anyone reading this if your not sure how to stat your genie put enough vit in to use the skills you want and put the rest into magic. You will very rarely go wrong using this method.

There are some situations, mostly in PVP, where a high dex or high strength genie is preferred. But even the people who have high strength/dex genies will have others in their inventory. For a general purpose PVP or PVE genie vit and magic are the best stats. If your only going to have one genie for god's sake don't make it a dex or strength genie.

I honestly can't remember a time I've stated a genie and regretted how much I put into magic. But I have genies with more strength or dex than I now wish they had.

How often do you die because you clicked on a genie skill and it wasn't powerful enough due to lack of dex or strength? But people die all the time clicking on a grey outed genie skill button that could have saved them if the genie had enough energy.

I do not agree.

Before 40 points in dex or str, i simply dont think is a good idea to choose 1 point of mag over 2 points of dex/str. After 40 points it all depends on the skills you use mostly.
  • soundslegit
    edited April 2013
    I do not agree.

Before 40 points in dex or str, i simply dont think is a good idea to choose 1 point of mag over 2 points of dex/str. After 40 points it all depends on the skills you use mostly.

I used to think this way and stated my genies like you are proposing. Once I finally started experimenting with max magic genies I realized how much better they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Zeal is a good start, it is a usefull skill for pulling mobs out of a crowd without aggroing the others. Its one of the most usefull pve skills.

zeal is the name of the genie you nob, earthflame is the name of the pulling skill
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased