Remove Spirit Blackhole proc: Y/N. They had it coming!

klys
klys Posts: 283 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Hello,

After a lot of discussion, I think it would be interesting to see what the community thinks about removing/modifying Spirit Blackhole proc. Hopefully we will not see a 50/50 distribution of votes when this poll is finished (as that would just mean trolls would be voting against SB, and non-trolls for it).

The following is a list of common yes/no's to the current SB Proc issue.

Yes to SB:(Note: This list mostly applies to the archers themselves)

-Gives archers value that they previously may have lacked
-Gives archers greater damage potential
-Allows for "lucky kills"
-Destroys buffs
-Anti caster device
-20v1 r999 Style in NW

No to SB:

-Gives archers purge that only venos should have
-Gives archers sensless ability to auto attack from max range until they get purge
-Allows for "lucky kills" even if the player is unskilled
-Destroys buffs without having to take damage
-20v1 r999 Style in NW is OP
-Vastly outperforms other weapon effects, with it's high attack rate and range - SB does not require the archer to do anything but tab.

There are, of course, more reasons, but personally I think they're all variations of what I have listed.

My opinion:

Personally, I rather like the challenge evading the purge while 1v1sing S3 archers. The random breaking of my buffs forces me to think of counters and plan Bs. While some people may not find this enjoyable, I do.

However, the problem of SB rears its ugly head in group PvP, where I completely think that it is overpowered. Defeating 20 people vs 1 is absolutely ridiculous. Even the APS users of the past, when they were considered overpowered, could not singlehandly take on two entire squads. (If they could, they were either killing level 50s or they were GMs.)

Since I don't want want to keep Spirit Blackhole proc to prevent it from being overpowered in the group PvP field, I would like you to vote on the following changes:

a. Proc % remains the same.
b. Proc % is lowered.
c. Only proc while using skills.
d. Remove completely.

A nerf to SB would balance group PvP. For one, there would be no random purges for BS kills. An archer would be forced to use their own skills to kill enemies before they moved out of range. Since SB is also non-stackable, it would mean absolutely nothing.

Of course, there might be further ways to modify SB Proc, but that's just my take on it.

Overall, what do you guys think? There's no need to post, so let's see if we can get an unbiased opinion from the community: To keep, modify, or remove the Spirit Blackhole weapon effect.
Post edited by klys on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    in before close !b:laugh
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Leave comedy to the pros.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would like to see just 1 video of an archer winning NW 1 v 20, with archer as the 1.
    No, the 20 cannot be afk.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would like to see just 1 video of an archer winning NW 1 v 20, with archer as the 1.

I don't have a video, but I was in a war w/ 1 VS 20 once. Most of the people ganked the one enemy, which was a R9 3rd stage Mystic, +12 gear and best shards possible in the game. Suprisingly enough, with an anti-stun + ironguard, they were able to one shot almost everyone (35k non-crits to myself, and I have decent gear). The result? He won. Lol
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *waits for "remove GoF" thread*

*is left for dead in a back alley by sins, barbs, bms, seekers*
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This poll isn't even a well-thought out troll. Purge doesn't even proc on every skill, which is absolute garbage.
    I don't have a video, but I was in a war w/ 1 VS 20 once. Most of the people ganked the one enemy, which was a R9 3rd stage Mystic, +12 gear and best shards possible in the game. Suprisingly enough, with an anti-stun + ironguard, they were able to one shot almost everyone (35k non-crits to myself, and I have decent gear). The result? He won. Lol

Huh?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm honored by your copy/paste.
    They say imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Although I would like to see Purge proc on skills with effects, ijs.
    You also forgot to edit "Purify" to Purge in the last bit.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013

It has been done on our server. Granted, he died and got ported out at the end, but it didn't matter because he had capped once and he killed the flag bearer before he died and there was only like a minute left on the battle timer. So yeah...won by default of having more points at the end.

Before you ask the gear, yes it was r9rr with full +12/jades and recasted r9 ring/Cube neck/tome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's still not even a valid comparison. Purge requires action on the part of the user, and does not improve survivability in the sense that, if five equally-geared (to the archer) people gank the archer, he needs to gtfo or die. Unlike a caster, which waits for a purify proc, then goes away without any intervention on their part.

I don't have an issue with the proc except when capturing a flag. If it is meant to lower your speed, it ought to. Keep the proc in, but don't activate speed when holding a flag.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No need for threads that directly attempt to troll. Fuzzy does not appriciate such things.

-closed-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
This discussion has been closed.