Remove Purify Proc: Y/N. We had it coming!

Comments

• darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When they're part of the environment that equally geared melee and arcanes face. Had a perfect example in NW today, had about 6 lower refined G16s on me, I tanked them out for quite some time while being locked down. My genie and apo were on cooldown from an earlier fight in that same war. Had I posessed Purify Spell I would have easily escaped due to their damage being low enough as to allow me to survive a long time even without genie or apo.

Not everyone is R9r3, especially in a setting such as NW. Balance isn't just about pure end game, there's also how it interacts with other levels of gameplay. Going up against lower levels of gameplay shouldn't give it so much of an advantage when compared to an equally geared melee.

Your saying that level 1 character count in balance the game too? NW should have been level 100+ only instead 60+ for full of **** nubs QQ on forum.
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a) What makes you think an end game barb would die to a dozen or two noobs in TT99-g16 gear?
    b) caster's can't tank better than an equally geared barb, they can however kite better.

A) iv seen it thats how i know b:surrender with a large group constantly stunning/sealing/ immobilizing/amping/ debuffing its very likely they wont even have a chance to use skills for a long period of time nor be able to move..

B) its not that your better at kiting its that with purify triggering so often you cant be stopped from running and since it trigers so often the group cant debuff you enough to kill you fast enough to stop you from running away..

yea sure this is fine in 1v1 or 1vs up as high as 3 or 4 but when you can do this vs 10 or more that is way OP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your saying that level 1 character count in balance the game too? NW should have been level 100+ only instead 60+ for full of **** nubs QQ on forum.

I don't get why people have to take things to the absolute extreme as a means to pose an argument. Especially when level 1s can't pk. We're talking about PvP balance, so anything under 30 is irrelevant. Also, as PvE is balanced enough aside from G16+ making it extremely easy, that too is irrelevant.

Assume, for the sake of argument, that everyone is 100+. We'll put an equally geared melee and caster in the situation of having 5 G16 of varying refines +4-7 attacking them. Their apo is on cooldown. Their genie is usable once more. Who do you believe has a better chance of survival? The melee will eventually succumb to everything being thrown at it. The arcane will eventually get a Purify Spell proc and live to fight another day.

You can't very well one shot every G16 you come across, especially not as melee. Eventually you will get locked down due to lack of chi, lack of genie, or lack of apothecary. Purify Spell removes need for that in some cases and will save the wielder from death in those situations.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and question dodging casters here as well always avoid admiting that in group PvP they can out survive even endgame barbs..

always avoiding by says " ohhh aps is OP", "well they got GoF and blackhole" or "in this random video i saw this person easily killed a caster in 1v1"

but never answering the simple of - how is the purify proc not overpowered in GROUP (not 1v1) PvP when a barb in endgame gear vs a large group of average geared people is very likely to be killed, where as a endgame caster with purify is very unlikely to die in that same situation?

and ill say thing again since it seems to be ignored..

casters arent made to be tanks they are supposed to have very high damage and low survivability and thats how its easy to see that purify is OP
    of course i dont expect a caster to admit such a thing just like sins always said that being able to triple spark in stealth wasnt OP

seekers, barbs and bms are suposed to be tanks they are not suposed to do damage, remove gof that makes them having more dph than casters b:cry

btw an endgame barb wont die to 20 average guys
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    seekers, barbs and bms are suposed to be tanks they are not suposed to do damage, remove gof that makes them having more dph than casters b:cry

>BMs
    >Higher DPH than casters in PvP

Do you even PWI?
    edited May 2013
    >BMs

Do you even PWI?

lol indeed i think he doesnt play PWI just hyper fccs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A) iv seen it thats how i know b:surrender with a large group constantly stunning/sealing/ immobilizing/amping/ debuffing its very likely they wont even have a chance to use skills for a long period of time nor be able to move..

B) its not that your better at kiting its that with purify triggering so often you cant be stopped from running and since it trigers so often the group cant debuff you enough to kill you fast enough to stop you from running away..

yea sure this is fine in 1v1 or 1vs up as high as 3 or 4 but when you can do this vs 10 or more that is way OP

A) I don't believe you. You don't say that you've seen it and then use words like "likely" (predicting what you think would happen), if you had actually seen it you would simply describe what you saw. Also, being stunned/sealed/immobilized does not mean you die.. I find it hard to believe that a 50k+ hp 110+ def lvl barb with infinite chi from beastial rage would die in this scenario.

B) Again simply describing noobs hitting you.. purify is fine at equal gear
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    >BMs

Do you even PWI?

oh got it in fact ur mad because u think bms are underpowered
    edited May 2013

people keep saying this but IV SEEN IT HAPPEN MULTIPLE TIMES(caplocked it since people dont read what they dont want to hear)

so as that other person said, your argument is invalid lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    lol indeed i think he doesnt play PWI just hyper fccs

do u even pwi for being lvl 100 still :s
    people keep saying this but IV SEEN IT HAPPEN MULTIPLE TIMES(caplocked it since people dont read what they dont want to hear)

then u saw epic noob barbs
    edited May 2013
    A) I don't believe you. You don't say that you've seen it and then use words like "likely" (predicting what you think would happen), if you had actually seen it you would simply describe what you saw. Also, being stunned/sealed/immobilized does not mean you die.. I find it hard to believe that a 50k+ hp 110+ def lvl barb with infinite chi from beastial rage would die in this scenario.

B) Again simply describing noobs hitting you.. purify is fine at equal gear

i say likely because if the people in the battle dont have enough DD to kill before the charm ticks he can just stay there till the battle is over without dieing but pretty much locked in place..

as for ignoring average geared people again your just saying "they be low lvls so i should be able to kill/tank as many as i want to cause i spent 1000+ RL dollars on my r9"

so a barb in the same situation would likely die ( or probably not be able to do much) where as a endgame caster can be permanently immune to debuffs + go around killing and running the flag with no real risk of dieing b:surrender

yeps that not OP at all XD just like sins triple sparking in stealth wasnt OP b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013

Still don't believe you. If you look at my latest video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLWebxY9w0k) at the 1:43 mark you'll see a barb on my side tanking near the flag with lots of people hitting him.. this barb is T3 nv +5 refines. Earlier, he held the flag for roughly 5 mins letting me pk cuz I was bored and wanted to farm points.. and he's T3 nv +5. Now imagine he was r9rr +12 josd, not a chance in the world he'd have died to the noobs in that instance. I think you're a flat out liar, making up stuff in an attempt to win an argument. Name of the barbs you've seen drop to 20 noobs please, and I would like an approximate date/location + story of what happened. I may or may not do a little asking around to see if they happened. b:cute
    edited May 2013
    do u even pwi for being lvl 100 still :s

then u saw epic noob barbs

yea sorry i didnt goon glitch a whole account full of chars like you D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Still don't believe you. If you look at my latest video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLWebxY9w0k) at the 1:43 mark you'll see a barb on my side tanking near the flag with lots of people hitting him.. this barb is T3 nv +5 refines. Earlier, he held the flag for roughly 5 mins letting me pk cuz I was bored and wanted to farm points.. and he's T3 nv +5. Now imagine he was r9rr +12 josd, not a chance in the world he'd have died to the noobs in that instance. I think you're a flat out liar, making up stuff in an attempt to win an argument. Name of the barbs you've seen drop to 20 noobs please, and I would like an approximate date/location + story of what happened. I may or may not do a little asking around to see if they happened. b:cute

umm you know that nearly everyone in that was attacking you? pretty hard for the barb to die with almost no one attacking him lol

EDIT:
    wow just finished the vid and its good proof at how OP purify is in group PvP.. who needs chargers when you can just run around with the flag waiting for people to trigger purify then 1 hit them lol no wonder you ignore when i talk about average geared groups lol all they are to you is speed boosters XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013
    umm you know that nearly everyone in that was attacking you? pretty hard for the barb to die with almost no one attacking him lol

He held the flag for ~5 mins while I took on about half the instance, which means the other 10 or so people were almost certainly on him. Anyway, I'm getting tired or arguing with stupid.. I feel like my IQ is lowering by reading this thread.
    edited May 2013
    He held the flag for ~5 mins while I took on about half the instance, which means the other 10 or so people were almost certainly on him. Anyway, I'm getting tired or arguing with stupid.. I feel like my IQ is lowering by reading this thread.

yea and the fact that you were 1 or 2 shotting the people attacking the barb so there was no more then 4 people attacking him for a few seconds had nothing to do with him surviving im sure lol

i find it funny you posted a vid and didnt even watch it properly before using it as proof :p and he never had the flag he just stood there next to it.. oh and you say he held the flag for 5 minutes well when the fight started your apoths CD were over half done and you grabed the flag right after the CD was over so thats for sure not 5 minutes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    showing noobs (tt and under lvl 99) vs max gears
    edited May 2013
    showing noobs (tt and under lvl 99) vs max gears

yea i forgot g16 is for characters under 99 f:cute oh and r8 too thats for characters lower then 99 f:cute and g13/15 gear is also gear for below 99 as well ty for clearing that up f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited May 2013

i find it funny you posted a vid and didnt even watch it properly before using it as proof :p and he never had the flag he just stood there next to it.. oh and you say he held the flag for 5 minutes well when the fight started your apoths CD were over half done and you grabed the flag right after the CD was over so thats for sure not 5 minutes

I was telling you what happened before the scene (in game), I didn't post the entire NW (hence starting the sentence with, "Earlier, ..") You could see him tanking quite a few people in the clip I mentioned (with noob gear I might add), but the description that went along with it was my main point. Anyway, I called your bluff, you haven't actually seen an end game barb take on 20 noobs.. noob b:victory
    edited May 2013
    I was telling you what happened before the scene (in game), I didn't post the entire NW (hence starting the sentence with, "Earlier, ..") You could see him tanking quite a few people in the clip I mentioned (with noob gear I might add), but the description that went along with it was my main point. Anyway, I called your bluff, you haven't actually seen an end game barb take on 20 noobs.. noob b:victory

then why post a vid that doesnt prove your point? he wasnt being attack by more then 4 people nor was he carring the flag so how is that proof that he held the flag for 5 minutes? oh yea its not.. just like how you dont believe that iv seen a a endgame barb be stunlocked/debuffed to death i dont believe that g16 (if was even that) barb tanked 10+ average geared people without any help from you or anyone else and didnt die f:bike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wasnt it you in a earlier post that said if you can take the damage then to use IG? lol i guess thats only for all the other chars you 1 hit not yourself since you only want use chargers and holy path.. and sure lets remove purify and give you GoF wont bother me any since im usually 1 hit by the endgame casters anyways XD at least i could go back to stun locking them and killing the no skilled over geared ones b:chuckle

i dont have a problem with casters doing really high damage since they were always supposed to be glass cannons but when they do massive dph and can tank better then the games main tanking class in group PvP then you know something is wrong b:surrender

LoL i said if u are lower gear and u can not take damage but u want to stop recast rank 9 on scenario 1 vs 20. dont u think the one with lower gear should use any other thing such as apothecary? IG is one to help u immune to damage, and if u can't take damage from them, sleep her while using seal or SoG to prevent them? But i guess many people are too noob and too cheap, dont know how to do that?

I really dont know what u see or what u read. But no one can tank better than barb with an end game gear. I was thinking u dont even know what end game gear means. before u talk more, can i ask u what kind of end game gear for caster and what kind of end game barb, that will prove that barb are lots squishy then caster?
    edited May 2013
    LoL i said if u are lower gear and u can not take damage but u want to stop recast rank 9 on scenario 1 vs 20. dont u think the one with lower gear should use any other thing such as apothecary? IG is one to help u immune to damage, and if u can sleep her while using seal or SoG to prevent to sleep. But i guess many people are too noob and too cheap, dont know how to do that?

I really dont know what u see or what u read. But no one can tank better than barb with an end game gear. I was thinking u dont even know what end game gear means. before u talk more, can i ask u what kind of end game gear for caster and what kind of end game barb, that will prove that barb are lots squishy then caster?

since when did i say i was wearing endgame gear? and because i dont have r9 like you means i never fought against it ? im geared just like all those people you call noob :o mix of tt99 and vana gears..
    but since you say no one can tank better then a barb ill use PvE as a example since you didnt say in PvP show me a barb that can pull the whole metal path in WS and tank/kill all the mobs at the same time without heals or any help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAUHadovjDM of course if this psy didnt have a purify weapon it wouldnt be possible of course.. and you can check that vid posted before if you wanna see a endgame wiz in 1vs19 and winning as if its nothing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    since when did i say i was wearing endgame gear? and because i dont have r9 like you means i never fought against it ? im geared just like all those people you call noob :o mix of tt99 and vana gears..
    but since you say no one can tank better then a barb ill use PvE as a example since you didnt say in PvP show me a barb that can pull the whole metal path in WS and tank/kill all the mobs at the same time without heals or any help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAUHadovjDM of course if this psy didnt have a purify weapon it wouldnt be possible of course.. and you can check that vid posted before if you wanna see a endgame wiz in 1vs19 and winning as if its nothing

any t3 nirvana arcane with decent refine can pull in metal pavilion cause they hit magic lol. and barb an end game gear also can pull better in metal. what im saying is, make a comparison. show us pwi calculator of end game barb and end game caster so we can discuss about how tanky they are.
    edited May 2013
    any t3 nirvana arcane with decent refine can pull in metal pavilion cause they hit magic lol. and barb an end game gear also can pull better in metal. what im saying is, make a comparison. show us pwi calculator of end game barb and end game caster so we can discuss about how tanky they are.

really? any g16 arcane can pull all the mobs down the metal path tank and kill them with no help from anyone else? since when were casters or barb able to attack when they are sealed? without purify to remove seal you would just stand there unable to attack

and what would putting gears on a calculator do? cant see them in action nor would it show the difference between the survivability between a barb thats stunlocked/debuffed/amped vs the survivability of a caster with purify that is immune to debuffs and and able to 1 or 2 hit most attackers..
    and before you go on and say "use IG" well IG wont out last your purify that will be constantly going off so all you have to do is kite for a little bit and then kill them when it wares off

and im off till after NW need to farm herbs to make apoths almost out ffs D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    really? any g16 arcane can pull all the mobs down the metal path tank and kill them with no help from anyone else? since when were casters or barb able to attack when they are sealed? without purify to remove seal you would just stand there unable to attack

and what would putting gears on a calculator do? cant see them in action nor would it show the difference between the survivability between a barb thats stunlocked/debuffed/amped vs the survivability of a caster with purify that is immune to debuffs and and able to 1 or 2 hit most attackers..
    and before you go on and say "use IG" well IG wont out last your purify that will be constantly going off so all you have to do is kite for a little bit and then kill them when it wares off

my friend can pull whole groups and bring it to BB. and he only have t3 nirvana. that is what i meant. any good caster with t3 nirvana decent refine can be a puller in bh warsong snakefist.

and putting calculator will show us comparison of defence. because pury wont make u stay alive if u use lower armor or ornament. 2. pury proc is random, it wont proc all the time. third, why im asking u calculator, im starting doubt with defenition of ur end game gear barb and caster. lol
  • HEX_AT - Heavens Tear
    HEX_AT - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sad really that eveyone was moaning about apps apart from people that had apps. now its this thing eveyone that cant get it is moaning about this. In fact i think people still moan about apps.

I cant catch a barb or BM in NW if they use the right pots / skills like many other classes.

When someting changes in RL people change with them to allow for this. its sad that when the game changes people cant change to cope with them.
  • marvinhuddleston
    marvinhuddleston Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whats really sad is all of the crying about something that isnt going to be changed . Do you really think that china is going to change it for you ? Pwi has no power to change anything . Period
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Whats really sad is all of the crying about something that isnt going to be changed . Do you really think that china is going to change it for you ? Pwi has no power to change anything . Period

To be fair, APS was made less effective after tons of complaints. If Purify Spell received enough there's a decent chance it'd be made less effective as well.
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be fair, APS was made less effective after tons of complaints. If Purify Spell received enough there's a decent chance it'd be made less effective as well.

APS is not even a factor in this game no more its DPH... God of frenzy all day long OHHH!!! LOOK OUT THAT MO F.KA ZERK CRITTING ALL THEM FOOS!! GET OUT DA WAY BEFORE YOU GET 15K ZERK CRITTED AND YO FACE INSIDE OUT.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    APS is not even a factor in this game no more its DPH... God of frenzy all day long OHHH!!! LOOK OUT THAT MO F.KA ZERK CRITTING ALL THEM FOOS!! GET OUT DA WAY BEFORE YOU GET 15K ZERK CRITTED AND YO FACE INSIDE OUT.

u wan sum zrk crit?
This discussion has been closed.