Welcome to the Quality Corner!

v4liance
v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Quality Corner
Hey folks,

I just wanted to quickly introduce you to an exciting new forum, the Quality Corner! Our testing team will be working directly with you all to locate, reproduce, and report bugs so that we can more effectively serve you and create a better game experience.

We'll be doing our best to fix all the bugs we can, but as always, we can't promise when bugs will get fixed, and some things may not be possible.

Be sure to check out the Submissions Guidelines post to learn how to report bugs.

Couple of quick notes:
- Necro-ing is allowed, so long as the update is regarding a bug that either 1) has new information or 2) has broken again.
- Thread rating for importance is encouraged.
- Be sure to use thread prefixes when labeling your bug posts. We may add additional prefixes, as needed.
- Follow the submission guidelines, or we reserve the right to completely ignore you ^___^

This is a work in progress, and we'll keep evaluating and making changes as needed.

But the key thing is that we want to do even better, and we're hoping you can help us do that.

- Val
Post edited by ovenusarmanio on

Comments

• Zameri - Archosaur
    Zameri - Archosaur Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I just wanted to quickly introduce you to an exciting new forum, the Quality Corner! Our testing team will be working directly with you all to locate, reproduce, and report bugs so that we can more effectively serve you and create a better game experience.

We'll be doing our best to fix all the bugs we can, but as always, we can't promise when bugs will get fixed, and some things may not be possible.

Be sure to check out the Submissions Guidelines post to learn how to report bugs.

Couple of quick notes:
    - Necro-ing is allowed, so long as the update is regarding a bug that either 1) has new information or 2) has broken again.
    - Thread rating for importance is encouraged.
    - Be sure to use thread prefixes when labeling your bug posts. We may add additional prefixes, as needed.

This is a work in progress, and we'll keep evaluating and making changes as needed.

But the key thing is that we want to do even better, and we're hoping you can help us do that.

- Val

Quite a brilliant idea you have here! Great way to connect with the community
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Therefore, Shigofumi
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm a little confused about the [Suggestion] option.
    We already have a suggestion forum... and a "New Suggestion Thread" <_<
    Is the suggestion forum obsolete now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I look forward to thisb:victory.
  • v4liance
    edited April 2013
    I'm a little confused about the [Suggestion] option.
    We already have a suggestion forum... and a "New Suggestion Thread" <_<
    Is the suggestion forum obsolete now?

That's a good point, and something we'll have to keep an eye on. The suggestion forum is definitely still the best place for new ideas and general suggestions.

For this forum, the [Suggestion] tag is primarily related to suggestions for this forum itself, as well as suggestions on reproducing, fixing, or otherwise dealing with specific bugs.

There may well be some cross-over, and we'll see if changes need to be made, either way.

- Val
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iiadamant#9927
    iiadamant#9927 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi, I've noticed a small bug in silver pool, every time I battle terrorclaw his head dissaperes when I walk close to him, don't know if you know this already, but just saying to make sure

Thanks
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So is this section more for bugs reports only and not for suggestions?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013

Yea, suggestion forum is still the best place for general suggestions.
    v4liance wrote: »
    The suggestion forum is definitely still the best place for new ideas and general suggestions.

For this forum, the [Suggestion] tag is primarily related to suggestions for this forum itself, as well as suggestions on reproducing, fixing, or otherwise dealing with specific bugs.

@Hey, You!
    Glad to see this going live! f:victory

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Exactly. Have a look through the guidelines for this new section of the forum for any clarification.

If you have a suggestion or idea about anything else related to the Perfect World we inhabit Fuzzy would point to the forum section for just that purpose which can be found here.

edit: Panda has been ninja'd by the Venus
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am wondering if this should be renamed to something more the lines of "Bug Tracker"? I have a feeling this current title will be misunderstood by players who don't read guidelines and/or intros and use this as a new suggestion forum.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I like this, a lot. b:cute
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm really glad to see this up. =D
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Excellent initiative. I am happy to see this.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Slice/nDice - Archosaur6
    Slice/nDice - Archosaur6 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    there is a fairly minor bug with the public quest 3, every time you complete an objective the quest vanishes, meaning you must go to re-aquire the quest, u do not lose progress with your public quest, it is however a tad bit bothersome
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am wondering if this should be renamed to something more the lines of "Bug Tracker"? I have a feeling this current title will be misunderstood by players who don't read guidelines and/or intros and use this as a new suggestion forum.

I agree with this. "Quality" as in "Quality Assurance" has a different meaning in industry than it does in everyday conversation. Most people think quality is "better than average" but in industry it means nothing bad gets exposed to the customer.

I'd just call this forum "Bug Reports" just so people are clear what the function is supposed to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • AscobolBeast - Sanctuary
    AscobolBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree with this. "Quality" as in "Quality Assurance" has a different meaning in industry than it does in everyday conversation. Most people think quality is "better than average" but in industry it means nothing bad gets exposed to the customer.

I'd just call this forum "Bug Reports" just so people are clear what the function is supposed to be.

I agree, otherwise things like this (Marriage Quest Suggestion) will happen.
  • Antigone - Momaganon
    Antigone - Momaganon Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice idea but for me it sounds like a dream and nothing more...ppl will write bugs and problems, will feel good for doing sth- and be disappointed if the bug is still there in a few months. Nothing will rly change but I will still give it a try and hope....
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I aboslutely love the idea you've come up with! But...
    I support this, too. If I hadn't read the introduction, I wouldn't have known the purpose. However, there are people who skip such things and just post what they think belongs in here...

In regards of keeping the alliterations of some other forum's titles, I'd suggest
    (Bug Bantering EDIT: just noticed we already have a "guild banter" forum...)
    Glitch Gibberish
    :D
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good to see this around here finally! I hope it's going to work out well and improve things in the gamef:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • AscobolBeast - Sanctuary
    AscobolBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi,

is this new thread only for ingame bugs or also "outgame"?

Outgame I mean things like "Blessing page", "core connect" and so on.

Because then I would suggest the Blessing Page. It posts on facebook the pwi message, but it says on the website "No character on server found". I couldn't even select a server and I have for sure a character on at least one server.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You guys have created a monster here. :P Three pages in 18 hours... wow.

I think you could stem the flow of unrealistic suggestions by splitting this into two subforums with the same basic submission system. "Bug Tracker" would follow the rules of this board to the letter and be exclusively for bugs (anything else would be locked/moved). "General Improvement" could be another sub board exclusively for non-bug related suggestions.

BUT... and here's the kicker... any thread posted there would need to have significant community support. You could, perhaps, use the Suggestion Box as catch-all area for suggestions, and then elevate threads to the General Improvement board when they reach a certain point (a certain number of unique posters in the thread, or a certain number of uniuqe "Support" votes on a poll). This way, Val and geno and the others could attack the highest-priority issues to the community without wading through a bunch of fringe issues to get there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • arpirnat31
    arpirnat31 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes quite a brilliant idea, if only you had done this during the past years of people asking for something like this and before so many people have quit the game due to you blowing them off.
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi,

is this new thread only for ingame bugs or also "outgame"?

Outgame I mean things like "Blessing page", "core connect" and so on.

Because then I would suggest the Blessing Page. It posts on facebook the pwi message, but it says on the website "No character on server found". I couldn't even select a server and I have for sure a character on at least one server.

We'll field all problems here. My team and I are not directly in charge of the Facebook issues but we can make sure those who are will be aware of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    genotypist wrote: »
    We'll field all problems here. My team and I are not directly in charge of the Facebook issues but we can make sure those who are will be aware of it.

Sweetiebot give 10 points to genotypist for taking on extra workload b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sweetiebot give 10 points to genotypist for taking on extra workload
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear awards 10 points to genotypist!
    genotypist now has a total of 20 points and is in 21st place.
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• v4liance
    edited April 2013
    After further consideration and review, I've removed the "Suggestion" prefix to prevent further confusion.

Any suggestions regarding this forum or for how to handle specific bugs can be handled in threads without a specific suggestion tag.

Thanks!

- Val
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank all of you-hopefully it won't get overwhelming but it is great to see real "faces" when there are issues.
  • XXx_Bane_xXx - Raging Tide
    XXx_Bane_xXx - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hey i wanted to mention something about the charater creatiobn screen i have noticed that it wont let you put spaes in the naems or any of the other little symbols i want to know whay that is it whou;d be alot easier to make names for charater if you could but that what i want ted to mention about a month ago when i made my barb i name him xXx_Bane_xXx and then i just recently made a phychic i was wanting to do the same thing but with the name xXx_Nemo_xXx and it told me that the name was invalid and everything is working but the underscore line i put in the name why is it that we could use it a mounth ago and now it wont let

Ps. i think we should be able to put spaces or underscores or whatever charaters we want to in out charater names this will make it alot easier trying to come up with a name plz fix it if possible
  • ToffifeeRo - Dreamweaver
    ToffifeeRo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    awesome xDb:chuckle
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Can we have a better description of what you can and can't fix.

Like change text in skill vs changing how skill work or effect they have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.