Calamity Axes of Blood

Options
Demodude - Dreamweaver
Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Blademaster
How long do you recommend using them for? Is there a good upgrade in the level 80 axes or should I wait until level 90 to switch them out for new axes?
ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
Post edited by Demodude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wait until 90 and upgrade to Calloused Lionheart Hatchets, use those until 100 and upgrade to 2nd cast Nirvana axes, reroll until you get zerk. Or by pass that all together and get 3rd cast axes as soon as possible (after you've gotten 2nd cast of course).

...or go R9 at 101.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Thanks!
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wait until 90 and upgrade to Calloused Lionheart Hatchets, use those until 100 and upgrade to 2nd cast Nirvana axes, reroll until you get zerk. Or by pass that all together and get 3rd cast axes as soon as possible (after you've gotten 2nd cast of course).

...or go R9 at 101.

Dont waste your money on the Calloused Lionhearts. Calamity Axes are fine till 90, Green TT90 are a decent upgrade until you can do Lunar or TT99, which you then want to decide on your upgrade strategy once you hit 100.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Dont waste your money on the Calloused Lionhearts. Calamity Axes are fine till 90, Green TT90 are a decent upgrade until you can do Lunar or TT99, which you then want to decide on your upgrade strategy once you hit 100.

*thumbs up*

Agreed. Considering the shift in prices of nirvana axes and the speed 90-99 can be done Lionheart Hatchets just aren't worth it anymore. If I remember correctly they're around 20-26m to make, while leveling to 100 and farming Nirvana Axes can happen quite fast, making the 20-26m spent on calams a waste.

I went Calamities until I upgraded to a decently refined pair of tt90 green Star Axes +6. Star Axes have a mini zerk on them (doubles weapon damage, not total damage like Calams do). What made it worth it was the higher tt90 refine rate and that they were resellable.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    *thumbs up*

Agreed. Considering the shift in prices of nirvana axes and the speed 90-99 can be done Lionheart Hatchets just aren't worth it anymore. If I remember correctly they're around 20-26m to make, while leveling to 100 and farming Nirvana Axes can happen quite fast, making the 20-26m spent on calams a waste.

I went Calamities until I upgraded to a decently refined pair of tt90 green Star Axes +6. Star Axes have a mini zerk on them (doubles weapon damage, not total damage like Calams do). What made it worth it was the higher tt90 refine rate and that they were resellable.

On my server they're under 8m to make now, we can't even sell the gold mats for 3m these days because of how easy it is to upgrade to Nirvana, making a bound 90 item pretty much worthless. It did slip my mind about the 90 green axes, those are also a pretty good choice. I must admit I prefer zerk on a weapon, though to be fair I'm unsure of prices on other servers so if they aren't as cheap as on my server then 90 greens work too, since zerk is more for PvP anyway. But damn. I do love me some zerk. It's been the cause of many changes of pants. Unnf.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    On my server they're under 8m to make now, we can't even sell the gold mats for 3m these days because of how easy it is to upgrade to Nirvana, making a bound 90 item pretty much worthless. It did slip my mind about the 90 green axes, those are also a pretty good choice. I must admit I prefer zerk on a weapon, though to be fair I'm unsure of prices on other servers so if they aren't as cheap as on my server then 90 greens work too, since zerk is more for PvP anyway. But damn. I do love me some zerk. It's been the cause of many changes of pants. Unnf.

I agree on the preference for Zerk. Just the difference in damage is so negligible given the short amount of time in use, you're better off not sinking that coin away permanently.

At this point I'm even recommending people do not do TT N3 gear and instead go with tradeable lunar given the ease at farming R9 due to NW. I think I'm up to 6 or 7 BMs I know that used to say "Ill never have R9" who are now R9 without spending a penny.

Right now I'm of the mind:

Calamaties
    (Optional TT80 Greens)
    TT90 Green
    N3
    R9
    R9rr

It's insanely cheap to make Lunar axes from scratch at this point as well. 2x lunar runs for badges and EoDs have practically dumped the price of making them down to under 30m (Ive seen EBIs sit in the AH for 8m or less for weeks). 60-70m and you have a tradeable end game worthy axe till you can afford R9.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Now if TT90 was unbound...b:dirty

in fact they should just un bind it now that TT's become so cheap
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Calamities are so hipster
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options

Saying something is hipster is so mainstream.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Saying something is hipster is so mainstream.

Labeling things is so conformist
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Labeling things is so conformist

Quoting people and replying to them is so. I dunno. Some word that hasn't been invented yet.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Quoting people and replying to them is so. I dunno. Some word that hasn't been invented yet.

Sometimes, when I close my eyes...I can't see.

We shall invent a word for this.

+1 count
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sometimes, when I close my eyes...I can't see.

We shall invent a word for this.

+1 count

Sometimes. when I eat. I stop feeling hungry. It's so weird.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sometimes posts get derailed b:chuckle.

On axes, i haven't played after the update, but for some of us, the warsoul axes might be an option, since we can reroll the weapons now i think.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sometimes posts get derailed b:chuckle.

On axes, i haven't played after the update, but for some of us, the warsoul axes might be an option, since we can reroll the weapons now i think.

Seems like a lot of work for something that can't zerk for PvP purposes.

I must have zerk. Do you understand? ZERK.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Warsoul weapons are still more expensive than r999. And the axes aren't very good at all; if you're making a warsoul make the claws or the pataka.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Warsoul weapons are still more expensive than r999. And the axes aren't very good at all; if you're making a warsoul make the claws or the pataka.

Pataka BMs? It's just crazy enough to work!
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Ahaha, I always thought the Poleaxes looked kind of like Patakas, so I'm kind of mentally disorganized for a moment when I see a bmy holding one until I'm like "Oh, right."
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options

Magic swords. You can still use MSS with them.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Pataka not for your BM dummies. :P I just meant the only warsoul weapons really worth spending on are claws and pataka.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Pataka not for your BM dummies. :P I just meant the only warsoul weapons really worth spending on are claws and pataka.

Seriously, someone should make a magic sword BM just for the lulz. Kinda like the AA barb.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Calamity > Dervish
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Calamity > Dervish

Go to bed, you're drunk.
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Calamitys are absolutely for weapon for lvl in PWI. It's just a lvl 70 mold dual axes, but that zerk does miracles. Kitty had her 89 barb hit Runewolf 18k with HF'd Devour unsparked. Once tested Calamities's potential to test dummy as BM and 134k was best Kitty managed to hit as 91 BM. Kitty ish going to use Calamities to 99, no matter how ppl promote TT90 axes or something.f:angry Zerk is just too goodf:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)