Sage SoV/SoS

XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Psychic
So recently I've been working on a psy because I wanted a change from my wiz for a little, and also because I loved the idea of being able to give myself SoV and SoS for TW (I go outside when I die to get chi buff anyway, so it wouldn't be a big deal to just put the chi siphon genie on my psy and use the buffs on my wiz before dueling)

He's level 95 and I have sage SoV already, working on SoS. What I'm wondering is how much of a difference does it really make for SoS proc rates and SoV damage to have +10 versus +7. Given that my wiz isn't +11 yet I can't imagine +12ing the psy being a concern for a very long time (like forever) but ideally I'd like to get him +10 at some point. I'm just wondering where that should go in priority.
xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
Post edited by XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm partial +10 gears myself and currently my SF stand at 23,777 iirc. For SoS, that translate into 14,36% ish chance to proc or at every 7th atk on you. I don't keep track of how much SoV deal back right now, since it varie by atk'er, but the side effect of killing pdef charm is more usefull to your allies in any case at that level of refining.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xSonOfCircex-102 r9r3 sage wiz, I have no idea why the hell it still says I'm level 76.

1. You need to go into your edit avatar at top, and change that yourself. dafuq u think u pay for someone else to do that? b:chuckle b:avoid

2. Soulforce based on refines is gained the most through + refine of the weapon... My weapon is the only thing I have at +12, with all my gears now at +5-+6 and I have 32k and change soulforce. Note, I do have r8r +1500 sf bonus too tho.

3. As to refining becoming an actual priority? It never really is a priority, especially if you are not looking to go past +10 (unless you are talking about +10 on all your gears ofc). +10 will yield ~20k sf... +11 ~24k... +12 ~30k. Although... the best way is to see for yourself (and you can add +~2k sf to each one to consider from all gears)...

+7 Weapon Refined - 95 Psy

+8 Weapon Refined - 95 Psy

+9 Weapon Refined - 95 Psy

+10 Weapon Refined - 95 Psy

+11 Weapon Refined - 95 Psy

+12 Weapon Refined - 95 Psy

Hope this helps b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xSonOfCircex-102 r9r3 sage wiz, I have no idea why the hell it still says I'm level 76.

1. You need to go into your edit avatar at top, and change that yourself. dafuq u think u pay for someone else to do that? b:chuckle b:avoid

2. Soulforce based on refines is gained the most through + refine of the weapon... My weapon is the only thing I have at +12, with all my gears now at +5-+6 and I have 32k and change soulforce. Note, I do have r8r +1500 sf bonus too tho.

3. As to refining becoming an actual priority? It never really is a priority, especially if you are not looking to go past +10 (unless you are talking about +10 on all your gears ofc). +10 will yield ~20k sf... +11 ~24k... +12 ~30k. Although... the best way is to see for yourself (and you can add +~2k sf to each one to consider from all gears)...

+7 Weapon Refined - 95 Psy

+8 Weapon Refined - 95 Psy

+9 Weapon Refined - 95 Psy

+10 Weapon Refined - 95 Psy

+11 Weapon Refined - 95 Psy

+12 Weapon Refined - 95 Psy

Hope this helps b:victory

Thanks b:thanks

And I tried that, to make sure it wasn't just being dumb I actually went and posted using my psy in off topic, which it reacted to, but my wiz is back at 76 even though the avatar at the top of the forum has the right level b:cry
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks b:thanks

And I tried that, to make sure it wasn't just being dumb I actually went and posted using my psy in off topic, which it reacted to, but my wiz is back at 76 even though the avatar at the top of the forum has the right level b:cry

Im not sure then... only thing is submit a ticket if it bugs ya, or the hell wit it b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evolution1234
    evolution1234 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    end game seal % = 33.9%
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    end game seal % = 33.9%
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

evolution1234 replied to a message that was 2 months 12 days 8 hours 45 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I had a comment but it was essentially a facepalm.

Closed for necro.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.