Seekers , help me :D

andreemartinss
andreemartinss Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Seeker
hi all !

im thinking about create a seeker but i need some advices about Pve/Pvp ; Gear ; and Stats.

1- im not a cash shoper so which way do you think its better for me? g16? r8?

2- is seeker strong at pve? and in pvp , deal nice dmg?

3- I wanna deal good dmg so which build should i do?

hope you help me with this. if you want/can use pwcalc
Post edited by andreemartinss on

Comments

• TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    im not really sure how long r8 takes to farm but i do know that nirvana is really easy to get now thanks to NW. seekers are great in pve and pvp. i cant say much for the other builds but i went with pure str build so its all i know of right now and i do nice damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andreemartinss
    edited February 2013
    thanks for reply mate :)
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hi all !

im thinking about create a seeker but i need some advices about Pve/Pvp ; Gear ; and Stats.

1= g16, best gear, comparable with r9 first cast, amazing refining

2= PVE works well, we arent the fastest at killing things here, but we can deal amazing damage and resist almost like a barb or a bm, on pvp, well, we r now the new broken class, we have stupid high spikes of dmg (100k on pole with my other seeker when he was 88)

3 = there's 2 builds for this, if u want consistent dmg, and amazing p.defense, go straight 160 dex pints cap(if u wanna farm r9 in the future) or if u wanna see a lot of crits go for 310 points in strenght and 200 on dex. (this, counting a build at lvl 101)

I can help u with a nice gear (no refined, no sharded, but it may works a lot on both, pvp and pve) on the pure strenght base build

http://pwcalc.com/c45333fdcd83e727

cheap, and very nice, also count the culti (sage is a bit better to see maximum damage) skills etc but with that ur seeker can be ok
  • andreemartinss
    edited February 2013
    thanks man :) really nice help ! nice work :)

waiting for more opinions !!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hi all !

1- if your an active player who isnt one to wait to BE led, then G16 is possibly better out of the two. (If you learn to catshop merchant, then R9 is a good next step)

2- Seeker is nice in pve and pvp. But we rely alot on the skill bonus's and critical/zerk hits. Our normal dmg is not that amazing but our power comes from staying alive long, and getting some lucky hits in. This does not happen 24/7 tho.

3- STR build, and if your feeling adventurous, a DEX build is a rare one (but it needs good gear to back up the lack of power)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No matter how much dex you pump you won't be critting like a sin or archer; might as well cap and go STR; T3 > R8 unless you roll R8R sword + GoF but that's hard as hell to do
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hi all !

So R9 isn't a choice? Then I would lead towards R8r its not that expensive and the stats work well with the seeker class especially since you can get GOF on the sword.

Seeker is mostly a very strong PVE class but might currently be the best pve/pvp combo class out there. I was originally going to have a seeker for pve and an archer for pvp but seekers are so good at pvp now that I'm just focusing on the seeker.

Most people should have 30-65 vit up to level 100 and keep that vit until they have some serious refines. After that choose between strength build and dex build. Both are viable options at end game. Strength will hit harder on average and is better for pve but dex build compliments GOF swords better. Its a personal choice and most pick strength but the ones who pick dex are happy with it. No reason to pick vit build for endgame, get your HP from refines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No matter how much dex you pump you won't be critting like a sin or archer; might as well cap and go STR; T3 > R8 unless you roll R8R sword + GoF but that's hard as hell to do

Sorry but you're wrong.
    I m sitting at 37% crit with only 167 as base dex and combine with guild base crit buff(that's 42% crit)
    and I either ALWAYS crit or zerk or zerk crit.... There's rarely an occasion when i do just "normal" damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soundslegit
    edited February 2013
    Sorry but you're wrong.
    I m sitting at 37% crit with only 167 as base dex and combine with guild base crit buff(that's 42% crit)
    and I either ALWAYS crit or zerk or zerk crit.... There's rarely an occasion when i do just "normal" damage.

Then you must really be haxing jews because if GOF has a 20% chance and your crit rate is 42% then you should be critting, GOFing, or both only around 54% of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Then you must really be haxing jews because if GOF has a 20% chance and your crit rate is 42% then you should be critting, GOFing, or both only around 54% of the time.

Which is every other attack....technically.
    When i said, i rarely see non crits or non zerks, i really do mean it, as i seem to see my GOF go a lot and crit a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andreemartinss
    edited February 2013
    well r9 is too hard to me cuz im not a cash shoper and this will be first toon ( i got a lvl 97 sin but i gave to a friend long time a go ).

so better work to g16 gear and thn try to work to r9?

well i think i will go with a str build
  • soundslegit
    edited February 2013
    Which is every other attack....technically.
    When i said, i rarely see non crits or non zerks, i really do mean it, as i seem to see my GOF go a lot and crit a lot.

np.

(**** flanders)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    no one even mentioned vit build.. if you cant afford high refines or good shards you might want to add in some vit.. i know ive got about 80 base vit maybe a little less too lazy to take all my gear off and check cause its 3 am.. but yea adding some vit in wont kill your damage too much.
  • andreemartinss
    edited February 2013
    i will add nice gems , but thanks Daru
  • Cactubolo - Lost City
    Cactubolo - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    im lvl 30 im so freakin happy Q_Q
  • beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Yes it's cheaper, BUT to farm badges for G16 you need decent gear or you wont be able to survive a pavilion. Therefor I suggest to spend the 17 mil for Morei G15 weapon(hits almost as hard as R9 without GOF) and either Buy R8 or try to find ppl for G13 morei gear, which is PvE wise as powerful as R8 but free and easily farmed

One thing you should consider to in your decision: R9 hits harder than G16. GoF is AWESOME!! If you can do NW or learn how to merchant I would recommend you save the money for R9. I myself have R9 now too and I'm no cashshopper as well.. So it is possible, but needs a bit of work. Anyway it will pay off.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    well r9 is too hard to me cuz im not a cash shoper and this will be first toon ( i got a lvl 97 sin but i gave to a friend long time a go ).

well i think i will go with a str build
    str build probably is the best choice.

dex is basically like a luxury build =/ (or at least it works better with top gear to compensate the dmg..)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • andreemartinss
    edited February 2013
    damn beforesun love your comment when you say ''I myself have R9 now too and I'm no cashshopper as well.. So it is possible, but needs a bit of work. Anyway it will pay off.''

^^

btw i think i will try to get g16 and thn work for r9 will be a hard work cuz im not a cashshoper.

anyway i got a question for you, what g15 i need to do g16 weapon? (im a litle confused with swords , blades dual and single :SSSS )
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    damn beforesun love your comment when you say ''I myself have R9 now too and I'm no cashshopper as well.. So it is possible, but needs a bit of work. Anyway it will pay off.''

^^

btw i think i will try to get g16 and thn work for r9 will be a hard work cuz im not a cashshoper.

anyway i got a question for you, what g15 i need to do g16 weapon? (im a litle confused with swords , blades dual and single :SSSS )

for g16 swords/blades choose either astral ballad's or infinite longing idk i think the g15 for either of them arising dragon skyscream not sure about that but dont go with a single sword/blade they have less damage with a higher attack rate but higher attack rate doesnt matter when your using skills..
  • andreemartinss
    edited February 2013
    ok thanks mate :DD

so the plan is tt99 than nirvana than g16? then work for r9?
  • Vyrrg - Harshlands
    Vyrrg - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hi all !

1. G16 is better imo, not to mention stronger and easily farmable with NW now available

2. VERY STRONG, just use your combos wisely and everything that the light touches may be yours (dont you dare go to the elephant graveyard darn it)

3. Full str capping dex at 160 or 180 depending if you want more crit, I haven't found any added vit to be useful