Dear Radiance, you greedy children

Options

Comments

• Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    but you were never one to begin with
    It's easy to try putting people down when hiding who you are. Obviously I am hotter than you. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • ToastBear - Heavens Tear
    ToastBear - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    It's easy to try putting people down when hiding who you are. Obviously I am hotter than you. b:victory

Your picture is on the old Radiance forums. I may not like Karma much, but I'm not mean enough to pull it out here. Be nice, Kyanelle.

By the way, I'm Conner.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Pass the popcorn Kossy!
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • GR_TWO - Heavens Tear
    GR_TWO - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

I am hotter than Tars b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Pass the popcorn Kossy!

But of course, LoR! b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    It's not like i don't get pissed at the game sometimes but then i remember it's A GAME . Seven pages of bickering back an forth about basically nothing is pathetic but way to look like adults people b:laugh

PS: My icon said 103 last week now I'm 102 again o.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • Lupko - Heavens Tear
    Lupko - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I only remember Rad wiping RoC once.

Either way. RoC would be ahead of Radiance.

RoC > Rad

Also:

Hot girls in RoC > Hot girls in Rad

RoC > Rad

really? ;)

not sure why ya joined Rad not that long ago b:chuckle

anyway I really enjoyed your stay
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lil archer of Radiance with big heart and maybe hint of humor...
  • Brixonna - Heavens Tear
    Brixonna - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

b:chuckle
  • whyarcher88
    whyarcher88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hate to see mods close this entertaining thread; to be honest sometimes I feel bored doing countless quests, and my faction is not very active and wc is boring, so I read threads like this. It would be nice if someone is kind enough to explain the reason for the animosity between Radiance and ROC. b:thanksb:thanks
  • Shoyahz - Heavens Tear
    Shoyahz - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    *noms popcorn with Kossy*

And whats all this about Rad merging with Skyline? News to me b:chuckle
  • Scrubby - Heavens Tear
    Scrubby - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hate to see mods close this entertaining thread; to be honest sometimes I feel bored doing countless quests, and my faction is not very active and wc is boring, so I read threads like this. It would be nice if someone is kind enough to explain the reason for the animosity between Radiance and ROC. b:thanksb:thanks

Started wen roc beat rad in a 45 vs 80 tw around that time.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Oh... I remember a time... a time long long time time. In the ages where phoenixes dominates the sky with their resh ream. In the ages where archers terrorizes the land with their almighty crossbow. Where blademasters are nothing more then sacrificial pawn in the eye of their masters. Where behind every rock hides a cowering cleric or wizard. Where barbarians freely roams the land. In such an age... in the land not too far from ye birthplace... there lies a great empire. A empire that rules much of the known world and vastly influences the remainder. This empire originates from the avalanche peaks of the north and was born out of battle. Such an empire goes by the name of Radiance. Radiance maintained its power by keeping its forces well armed and paid. Its rumored after each given fight... the elite of radiance can be expected to be paid the equivalent of a hundred gold in good and services. Its well disciplined phoenix and archers are well knowned throughout the land... from the all alluring bar maid to the lowest of peasants.

But not all empire is destined for greatness. As the horde of Radiance ravages the land and countless arrows rain down up on the few resisting tribes... a greater darkness took hold of Radiance's twin matriarch. Driven to the point of madness by the insatiableness hunger for land... more land. The matriarch recalled its army from resisting tribes and unleashed its full fury upon the defenseless lamb that was known as RoC. After a masacure never seem in history, Radiance's front line blademasters deserted in shame. The deseration was closely followed by the archers... and soon after the phoenixes melted away. As the new day sun raises after a fortnight, at least half of Radiance's active military has all but deserted. Rebuild as they might... but Radiance will never again see the light of domination. To this day... the descendends of Radiance must satify themselves with looting the defenseless hut and abandoned barns. To Radiance's surprise, the weak and feeble has taken up residence in these abandoned shacks. Even then... the residing hobo and cripples has a good chance to repel the looting Radiance scum.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    really? ;)

not sure why ya joined Rad not that long ago b:chuckle

anyway I really enjoyed your stay

I was in both Radiance and RoC on two characters. I was able to enjoy the company of the hot girls in both factions at the same time.

Get at me.
  • whyarcher88
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Started wen roc beat rad in a 45 vs 80 tw around that time.

Thanks for the information, i guessed i wasn't born at that timeb:laugh
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

There are many reasons that differ from person to person, I believe. In my case, I used to get along quite well with Rad a long time ago when another person was the leader of that faction. Even though they weren't very strong back then, I felt they at least tried and in many cases succeeded in being the 'radiant' faction on the server, even though many of us made fun of them for it, and I felt that was in itself admirable.

The person who took over after him was still a kind person, but she didn't have as solid a hold on her faction and people in Rad started to show double standards. At that point I started to lose respect for Rad little by little. That was still a long time ago, and since then I believe Rad has exchanged leaders a few times, but they've only shown more and more hypocrisy. In time in addition to hypocrisy, they displayed a strong sense of stupidity in 'trash talking' as well, and I put 'trash talking' in quotes because their targets, whether RoC or GD or Karma, were more bemused and amused than offended, and they just as often shot themselves in the foot with their own 'trolling' as not.

However, the reason my disrespect for them manifests in trolling is that they are easily trolled. It is easy to make them cry and it's funny when they do. Of course by no means are they the only people I dislike, but many of the others know better than to take the bait (and I guess that is reason enough to give them a little more respect than those who cry at all opportunities). In addition to that, Rad often attempted to 'trash talk' RoC with stupid things like a few of the posts you saw in this thread, and of course we like to point that out to them b:laugh.

While what scrubby said is true, I've never felt the need to look down on factions we defeat (even with half their numbers). There are certain things in the game weaker factions can't help, after all, such as gear and TW experience. It is the way they reacted, by crying, pointing fingers, making petty excuses, and 'trash talking,' that gave rise to threads like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Rad members cussed at me during the last TW.b:cry
    And whats all this about Rad merging with Skyline? News to me b:chuckle

Any further updates Rad?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • whyarcher88
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Oh... I remember a time... a time long long time time. In the ages where phoenixes dominates the sky with their resh ream. In the ages where archers terrorizes the land with their almighty crossbow. Where blademasters are nothing more then sacrificial pawn in the eye of their masters. Where behind every rock hides a cowering cleric or wizard. Where barbarians freely roams the land. In such an age... in the land not too far from ye birthplace... there lies a great empire. A empire that rules much of the known world and vastly influences the remainder. This empire originates from the avalanche peaks of the north and was born out of battle. Such an empire goes by the name of Radiance. Radiance maintained its power by keeping its forces well armed and paid. Its rumored after each given fight... the elite of radiance can be expected to be paid the equivalent of a hundred gold in good and services. Its well disciplined phoenix and archers are well knowned throughout the land... from the all alluring bar maid to the lowest of peasants.

But not all empire is destined for greatness. As the horde of Radiance ravages the land and countless arrows rain down up on the few resisting tribes... a greater darkness took hold of Radiance's twin matriarch. Driven to the point of madness by the insatiableness hunger for land... more land. The matriarch recalled its army from resisting tribes and unleashed its full fury upon the defenseless lamb that was known as RoC. After a masacure never seem in history, Radiance's front line blademasters deserted in shame. The deseration was closely followed by the archers... and soon after the phoenixes melted away. As the new day sun raises after a fortnight, at least half of Radiance's active military has all but deserted. Rebuild as they might... but Radiance will never again see the light of domination. To this day... the descendends of Radiance must satify themselves with looting the defenseless hut and abandoned barns. To Radiance's surprise, the weak and feeble has taken up residence in these abandoned shacks. Even then... the residing hobo and cripples has a good chance to repel the looting Radiance scum.

Wow nice story telling, if that is true Radiance is the evil empire that needs to be contained. But it seemed that this piece of history must be earlier than the rise of another great empire, Golddigz? Where do the fabled Enrage fit in? Enrage the most ancient of empires? What about the other nations that matter, ie Karma, Extainted, Drakon, Warx, it would be nice if someone can write a history of these fabled nations b:thanks
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Wow nice story telling, if that is true Radiance is the evil empire that needs to be contained. But it seemed that this piece of history must be earlier than the rise of another great empire, Golddigz? Where do the fabled Enrage fit in? Enrage the most ancient of empires? What about the other nations that matter, ie Karma, Extainted, Drakon, Warx, it would be nice if someone can write a history of these fabled nations b:thanks

You have to wait for the trilogy to come out.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Options

When I got along with Rad, Enrage was the strongest faction, often defending and occasionally failing to defend ganks from GD, Rad, and WaR. So yes, this was a LOOOOOONG time ago.

Karma at the time was much like what RoC was a month ago: mostly friends in a faction together. At some points Karma was a part of Enrage as well. I think when Karma was its own faction it did not participate in TWs, and the people of Karma joined Enrage for TW action. I'm a little fuzzy on this because at the time I was mostly concerned about TW and didn't notice the coming and going of people as much.

xTainted and Drakon were not on the TW scene, although they did exist at the time.

Enrage I guess is pretty ancient to newer players now, but RoC and Radiance are both older than Enrage. RoC and Radiance were among the first factions and were two of the earliest TWers. Enrage was founded by RoC members when RoC's leader Hong left the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Options

LOL b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh So true, so true...

I've actually forgotten that Radiance attacking empty RoC lands was the reason they lost their first batch of people to Enrage in the first place. Thanks for reminding me LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whyarcher88
    edited February 2013
    Options
    When I got along with Rad, Enrage was the strongest faction, often defending and occasionally failing to defend ganks from GD, Rad, and WaR. So yes, this was a LOOOOOONG time ago.

Karma at the time was much like what RoC was a month ago: mostly friends in a faction together. At some points Karma was a part of Enrage as well. I think when Karma was its own faction it did not participate in TWs, and the people of Karma joined Enrage for TW action. I'm a little fuzzy on this because at the time I was mostly concerned about TW and didn't notice the coming and going of people as much.

xTainted and Drakon were not on the TW scene, although they did exist at the time.

Enrage I guess is pretty ancient to newer players now, but RoC and Radiance are both older than Enrage. RoC and Radiance were among the first factions and were two of the earliest TWers. Enrage was founded by RoC members when RoC's leader Hong left the game.

b:thanks Thanks so much for sharing with us newbies about the history of HT, b:shocked Roc and radiance more ancient than Enrage.

"You have to wait for the trilogy to come out."

b:pleased
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Options
    b:thanks Thanks so much for sharing with us newbies about the history of HT, b:shocked Roc and radiance more ancient than Enrage.

"You have to wait for the trilogy to come out."

b:pleased

Oh there's a lot more to it. There were factions like Tao and Caesar who played a big part in HT history. And of course there's lots of juicy drama, such as the one Kiyoshi was dramatizing. His post was about how Radiance were so butthurt about RoC they kept attacking RoC lands even though all the active members of RoC had moved to the newly founded Enrage. Because of that Rad lost a large group of their best players to Enrage, which helped Enrage grow even faster into the TW power it would eventually become.

But yes! The short answer to your original question was RoC likes to tease Radiance and Radiance doesn't like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Options
    It's official, someone needs to make a thread on the history of HT, so when the time comes for us to leave this game for w/e reasons, the newbies will have a record of it. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Azurt - Heavens Tear
    Azurt - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    HT history, it's always nice to know facts from the past, though in some I was here (in HT, not any TW faction) and I heard about others before, I never get bored of this kind is things, even if it's "history" of a simple game.

And a history thread would be nice, some opinion differences will appear and we may have people "fighting" but that would give us more points of view.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    And stuff like the last couple of pages are why I enjoy when HT forums aren't completely dead. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ToastBear - Heavens Tear
    ToastBear - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Oh there's a lot more to it. There were factions But yes! The short answer to your original question was RoC likes to tease Radiance and Radiance doesn't like it.

Grats on your first meaningful contribution to this thread.

Radiance does some teasing back, but RoC doesn't care at all because they don't pay attention to us.

...*glances at thread title* waaaaaait a minute
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Grats on your first meaningful contribution to this thread.

Radiance does some teasing back, but RoC doesn't care at all because they don't pay attention to us.

...*glances at thread title* waaaaaait a minute

Yes, I know you took the bait. That was what I was telling the nice person who asked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphanei - Heavens Tear
    Alphanei - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

Alpha enjoyed this post even though it was a block of text that Alpha usually would skip.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    While Radiance wasn't build in a day... it sure felt like it fall in a day. The matriarch's decision to trample RoC was wildly unpopular, both inside and out. Many scholars place the motive behind such move to that of eminent domain or even that of quarreling a potential upraising. But let me tell you this... there is nothing honorable about such a decision... it is rooted in nothing but spite. You see... of the four major empires of the days... only RoC actively oppose Radiance's rule. The other two, Evolution and TheEmpire might have match Radiance in size, but they are far from the Radiance might. Evolution's leadership kept the lion's share of the land geld, and its forces were untrained and poorly geared. During the first Radiance-Evolution battle, the Evo forces melted away in face of Radiance's arrow barrage. And TheEmpire's forces were so disorganized and distraught that they never made much of a mention in the history books. The many smaller tribes... such as Roadkill, gladly hand over their sovereignty and allow Radiance influence in to its leadership.

That leaves RoC as Radiance's only opposition to absolute domination. The battles between the two were hard fought with both side taking victories. But as history would have it... the tide of war soon turned in favor of Radiance. The final blow was stuck when Radiance forces overtook RoC stronghold within seconds of running out of supplies. After such a defeat... RoC moral was at an all time low and its remaining forces dispersed throughout the land. It was due to this opposition that Radiance matriarch insisted to withdraw its forces against Evolution and TheEmpire to silence RoC once and for all. The battle hardened Rad soldiers was now forced to draw its sword against what is left of RoC younglings. Such younglings that are too weak from hunger to hold up a sword nevertheless repeal Radiance arrows. After the first slaughter at RoC... a quarter of Radiance's battle ready force deserted in protest. The second wave of desertion soon follows as the Radiance matriarch continues the slaughter of RoC younglings. Even with the desertion of almost half of Radiance military... Radiance continue to hold strong. You see... there is no end to the mercenaries who would gladly ride down a child and her puppy in exchange for a few coins. And coins are something that Radiance does not lack. And hence the RoC slaughter continues even without the original backbone of the Radiance army.

Of little concern to Radiance matriarch at the time... its former military backbone was joined by RoC scattle group. The new military alliance called themselves Enrage. This Enrage is nothing more than a losely organized gorilla group. They lack the coins to fund a operational military force... rocks were used to sharpen blades, tree branches were used for arrow shaft, and battle towers were nothing more then a rock pile. But Enrage's Radiance free days did not linger... Within weeks Radiance's force encroach upon Enrage's tent city. Much to everyone's surprise, the newly formed Radiance mercenary forces were nothing but child's play when pitted against its former battle ready military... and so began Radiance's downfall. At every corner... at every turn, Radiance's forces suffer defeat after defeat. Its ruling matriarch was soon replaced by babbling nincompoops. At its well publiczed leadership meeting... a disagreement over secession plans led to another deadly blow... the desertion of another chunk of its military. To counter another desertion blow
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
This discussion has been closed.