Help me get back online...Video card issue maybe?

Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Support Desk
35aurlx.png

My computer is a HP Pavilion dv7t-6100 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC

When I go into the "Graphics" tab on the launcher, it shows that it is not detecting my video card.

I believe I have installed all required codecs, and the divx9.0 ****...help?

The idiot with HP's tech support team is about to make me scream, he can't understand that this is a FRESH install, keeps asking me how I recovered my system lmao.
Post edited by Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ... this is a FRESH install...
    And there is your problem...

It's because your default video driver does not support Direct3D acceleration.

1. Go to the manufacturer website of your video card. This WILL NOT be HP. In your case, it will either be Intel or AMD.

2. Download the latest driver for your video card.

3. Install the driver, Choose advanced, then "Clean Install" (If running Vista + run the installer as administrator)

4. Reboot

5. Enjoy
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Got it fixed...HP actually ahd the driver just took a lotttttttt of digging to find it.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Got it fixed...HP actually ahd the driver just took a lotttttttt of digging to find it.
    Actually, the driver from Intel/AMD will be a newer release with more features. HP dumbs down their drivers and releases them much later than the manufacturer of the video chip.

HP is the maker of your laptop, not the maker of your video chipset, and 90% of the time, the drivers from HP do not support the DirectX technology that the client requires. Which is why you end up with the error in the first place.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith