Lol votes.

Geshwur - Raging Tide
Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
wow... 1000 yes votes and they extend 2x... that's what... maybe 20% of the smallest server? So... say servers average 5K people each... Which is prolly what euro servers have... US servers probably have much more... But. 5K times what.. 9? That's 45K.

1/45 = 2.2%

So. 2.2% of the vote wins?

American style democracy at it's finest.
Current Gears
pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
Post edited by Geshwur - Raging Tide on

Comments

• MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wow... 1000 yes votes and they extend 2x... that's what... maybe 20% of the smallest server? So... say servers average 5K people each... Which is prolly what euro servers have... US servers probably have much more... But. 5K times what.. 9? That's 45K.

1/45 = 2.2%

idk how that's uniquely american or even democratic, but i do agree with 1k votes being a small #
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    So, to my second point.

PWI has an intention behind this.

First they took away Nirvana, big deal,TT is better money anyway... WHEN there's not eternal 2x...

So, they knew the poll would result in 1K+ yes votes. The way they said it implied that no votes didn't matter, so it's safe to assume that 1k yes votes vs 2k no votes (or more) would have resulted the same way.

PWI's ultimate goal? Crash TT market. This will leave F2P people who normally farm to get high end gears to rely on BH to just get by, or else cash for high end gears.

A month of 2x will drop TT mats prices for 2-3 months, potentially more, by which time they can find an excuse for another 2x. Consider how many are hoarding mats by the hundreds until 2x ends. Even 50 people per server flooding the market with that many mats, TT prices will drop lower than they are now DURING 2x.

Also notice, the things that most people are saving for are still in the boutique, but not at any discount now. Seems fishy.

Wondering when the next supposed "DDoS attack" will hit?

(I would also like to point out, I'm not 100% F2P, but I do like farming coin for what I can as opposed to 100% cash... $500 for R9RR vs $1K+... Yeah)
    Current Gears
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    idk how that's uniquely american or even democratic, but i do agree with 1k votes being a small #

It was a reference to the Electoral College, where a candidate could potentially have as low as 30% of the popular vote, but by getting the majority in a select few states could win the election, which is something that IS uniquely American...
    Current Gears
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    IF you sir havent noticed yet, TT market HAS ALREADY "CRASHED" / is overfarmed or w/e
    and if u think tt > nirvana regarding money, ur doing something wrong
    IJS xDDD
  • azukaya
    azukaya Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013

1/45 = 2.2%

Not all people have participed in that poll, but the percentage of people that said yes vs the percentage of people that said not, is what is a fair indicator. Even if we can discuss if it is really a representative sample or not, you should accept that it cant be too far away of a representative sample, and we can see in that poll more of 1000 yes vs less of 100 no. Its pretty obvious that the yes would be great majority over the no, if you could extend the poll to all the comunity or to a representative sample, and you know it.

Only speaking of democracy.

Out of it, if the 2x would be prolonged 1 week more, wouldnt be a big difference in the market.
  • XEffy - Dreamweaver
    XEffy - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ...This will leave F2P people who normally farm to get high end gears to rely on BH to just get by...

I'm wondering when they'll eventually take the ecstasy and excitement cards away.
    I'm one of the many that rely on them for money.
    So if and when that happens... b:surrender

And I sure as hell ain't voting.
    I'm kinda tired of 2x already.
    It's not as exciting as it used to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Things are not always how they seem
    Will you be ready?
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm wondering when they'll eventually take the ecstasy and excitement cards away.
    I'm one of the many that rely on them for money.
    So if and when that happens... b:surrender

And I sure as hell ain't voting.
    I'm kinda tired of 2x already.
    It's not as exciting as it used to be.

LOLUMADb:laugh

Either ways the 1% already doomed us to another week anyways
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It was a reference to the Electoral College, where a candidate could potentially have as low as 30% of the popular vote, but by getting the majority in a select few states could win the election, which is something that IS uniquely American...

Don't know how I missed that
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Pwi encouraging more people to cash shop!

Nothing new there!

Although they've basically made it free to upgrade from tt99 to t3 nirvana and from R9 to R9R2 by farming for a few weeks.

I don't know about you - but... What more can you possibly ask for.

Maybe people will actually farm tt for their tt99!

But ijs, from making a 6 billion coin a
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Pwi encouraging more people to cash shop!

Nothing new there!

Although they've basically made it free to upgrade from tt99 to t3 nirvana and from R9 to R9R2 by farming for a few weeks.

I don't know about you - but... What more can you possibly ask for.

Maybe people will actually farm tt for their tt99!

But ijs, from making a 6 billion coin set to free ...

Seems like pwi are well within their rights to bleed the market a little bit.

There's always other things to farm during 2x.
    You just have to be smart enough about it to realise what they are
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So, to my second point.

PWI has an intention behind this.

First they took away Nirvana, big deal,TT is better money anyway... WHEN there's not eternal 2x...

So, they knew the poll would result in 1K+ yes votes. The way they said it implied that no votes didn't matter, so it's safe to assume that 1k yes votes vs 2k no votes (or more) would have resulted the same way.

PWI's ultimate goal? Crash TT market. This will leave F2P people who normally farm to get high end gears to rely on BH to just get by, or else cash for high end gears.

A month of 2x will drop TT mats prices for 2-3 months, potentially more, by which time they can find an excuse for another 2x. Consider how many are hoarding mats by the hundreds until 2x ends. Even 50 people per server flooding the market with that many mats, TT prices will drop lower than they are now DURING 2x.

Also notice, the things that most people are saving for are still in the boutique, but not at any discount now. Seems fishy.

Wondering when the next supposed "DDoS attack" will hit?

(I would also like to point out, I'm not 100% F2P, but I do like farming coin for what I can as opposed to 100% cash... $500 for R9RR vs $1K+... Yeah)

First...Nirvi was not taken away, it's still in the same spot it was. NW is only 2 times a week. Still 5 days to nirvi. And all day friday and sunday till NW comes on.

Second...TT has been dead way before this 2x, hell almost 2 years now when Nirvi came around. Not sure where you think TT is the best for farming. I can't even get rid of high matts that I TT farmed before 2x. It's still a fun instance, but not worth my charm.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Nuff_Said - Raging Tide
    Nuff_Said - Raging Tide Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you think Nirvana and TT are/were the only ways to make a ton of coin farming wise, you are an idiot for starters.

More than likely, the facebook voting has absolutely nothing to do with the players but more so to do with their ability to generate activity on a website for ad revenue. PWE is for profit, stop complaining about it. Just as you go to work to make money, the PWE staff are constantly looking for ways to make more money.

The game is free and requires 0 cash shopping to get good gear in a reasonable amount of time. Quit or live with it.
    "I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children!" ~ Mike Tyson
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you think Nirvana and TT are/were the only ways to make a ton of coin farming wise, you are an idiot for starters.

More than likely, the facebook voting has absolutely nothing to do with the players but more so to do with their ability to generate activity on a website for ad revenue. PWE is for profit, stop complaining about it. Just as you go to work to make money, the PWE staff are constantly looking for ways to make more money.

The game is free and requires 0 cash shopping to get good gear in a reasonable amount of time. Quit or live with it.

EDITED: Nevermind . Not getting bad vibes again .. ****
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited January 2013

There are alot of things u can farm beside tt, nirvana and even warsong. i found many things actually that can be farm during double drops beside those 3 instance. the only problem is ppl dont want to do it cause they think its small coin. b:sad the only reason i dont want another extend is that i feel like i wanna farm alot more rather than doing something else x.x

but i think thats my own problem hehehe...
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I vote for perma 2x b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sinpwi1
    sinpwi1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I agree. Keep the 2x and let people go farm their gear. If they were really sneaky, PWI would make TT mats non-tradeable too.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First...Nirvi was not taken away, it's still in the same spot it was. NW is only 2 times a week. Still 5 days to nirvi. And all day friday and sunday till NW comes on.

Second...TT has been dead way before this 2x, hell almost 2 years now when Nirvi came around. Not sure where you think TT is the best for farming. I can't even get rid of high matts that I TT farmed before 2x. It's still a fun instance, but not worth my charm.

1. Good luck finding a nirvy squad these days like old times. We mean by taken away in "Very unuseful, waste of resource dungeon". Who wants to run a dungeon you spend a lot of crabs/herbs on to get a few minor raps/cannies when NW gives 100-1000 per person?

2. TT prices have gone up due to demands of making G16 nirvy path to make it cheap. You obviously have no clue whats going on around you in PWI, now do you? I check prices often of different things so I'm up-to-date of whats best and whats gone rotten.

My advice...get updated with the times or don't bother posting and be in your little fantasy ideal world where TT mats suck and nirvy is well popular.

I'll be nice and give you a list of things that can make you money tho:

1. Make-sell g16 molds for people. Good money...10m+.

2. Farm TT gold mats and sell equal to or lower then the mysterious merchant's price. Everyone is demanding those. 3-1 GBA's and steelation's ribbons also sell for good profit.

+1