Can't decide how to shard...

Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Barbarian
Ok...so I am working on my barb's stage 3 gear, but cant decide how to shard it...

Sapphires (protection against magic damage, a barbs natural weakness)
JoSD (Spendy as all hell, but pretty!)
Vit stones (more hp, more more more!)
Other?

Any input/feedback would be greatly appreciate, currently I am torn between vit stones and sapphires, mostly because JoSD are stupidly expensive
Post edited by Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My personal preference for my barb is a mix of JoSD's and VIT stones. I don't think there will be enough of a return form Saphs to make it worth it.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If sage, go for a JoSD/Vit stone mix. If you're demon go full vit stone so your arma can crit zerk one shot all classes other than similar geared barbs lolb:laugh
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    JOSD will affect both magic and P def, I think there better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    vit stones give life and give both mag and pysical defense.....I like the full vit stones on a barb
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Id go with vit stones, new barb skill is supposedly going to give defense level, so more hp ftw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kurisutina - Sanctuary
    Kurisutina - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Honestly, I prefer a vit stone barb whether they're sage or demon. Hp along with mag/phys def is really nice, and a lot more cost efficient. But whatever you think you can afford and like is up to you. =)
    Changes are inevitable, Conform or be Left behind. ^_^
  • FluffyRoar - Heavens Tear
    FluffyRoar - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    JOSD will affect both magic and P def, I think there better.

JoSD has nothing to do with pdef. It reduces damage from magic and physical attacks.
    Just getting ready for Christmas.

[SIGPIC]http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380628_10151323310608254_645628187_n.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I post pictures of myself in every post I make. Maybe it's in relation to what I'm talking about, maybe it's just a random picture of me showing off. Who knows!
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As this is discussion on Barbarian-related gear, it should be long in the Barbarian subforums!

~moved
  • Crimson_Moon - Momaganon
    Crimson_Moon - Momaganon Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since JoSDs are so damn expensive, I would go for full vit stones. Sapphire doesn't pay off at all, while vit stones give HP and a bit of defense also.
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Save JoSDs for R9RRR.

Go full vit stones in stage 3 nirvana gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Save JoSDs for R9RRR.

Go full vit stones in stage 3 nirvana gear.

why ? just because you want to put expensive stones in expensive gear only ? or is there any other reasoning ?

Both r9 and nirvana do refine similarly right ? meaning the vit stones would add the same % of HPs to an equally refined r9 barb vs nirv barb.
    for defence levels iirc they remain equally effective as you get more of them ? (is in that going from taking 100% damage to 96% is the same effect as going from 50% to 48% or from 25% to 24% and each of these improvements would require the same amount of def levels to be added)
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since JoSDs are so damn expensive, I would go for full vit stones. Sapphire doesn't pay off at all, while vit stones give HP and a bit of defense also.

This!
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Id go with vit stones, new barb skill is supposedly going to give defense level, so more hp ftw.

o0 got any info on this new skill? 1st i have heard of it .

Also, to OP - > a Mix of JOSD/ vit and Sapphire Gems will give the best overall defence.
    IMO- I think sapphire gems and Vit gems will do the job well for a much smaller cost.

have a play around with this http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you're going R9RR then Vit stones provide much more effective HP than JOSD's due to the increased resists from gear acting multiplicatively. However anything under that? JOSD/Vit mix is good
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead